Pirates Foiled by Deliberate Glitch in Batman: Arkham Asylum

MAGNeT

Skilled
Pirate posts help request for "glitch" in official Edios forums ahead of games launch

PC games are some of the most pirated software out there, as players look for ways to get the game they want without having to pay the $50 asking price most new games demand.

Eidos, the publisher behind the PC version of Batman: Arkham Asylum, has introduced a deliberate glitch into the game to catch and foil pirates who try and crack the game to play without paying. One person who pirated the game, and was brazen enough to post a help request on the official Edios forums, ahead of the games actual launch mind you, has brought the glitch to the surface.

A poster going by the handle Cheshirec_the_cat posted in a thread requesting help with a problem in the game. The poster wrote, "I've got a problem when it's time to use Batman's glide in the game. When I hold , like it's said to jump from one platform to another, Batman tries to open his wings again and again instead of gliding. So he fels down in a poisoning gas. If somebody could tel me, what should I do there."

An Edios admin going by Keir responded to the thread before it was closed writing, "The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free. It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code."

DailyTech - Pirates Foiled by Deliberate Glitch in Batman: Arkham Asylum

^Well, it had been sorted the very first day with a fix released on all major scene release sites. As of now, the *ahem* version is totally playable. But if u ask me, the game is too good to be pirated. I am gonna get a original release as soon as its here :)

its one of those rare games which makes me feel guilty for playing the pirated copy :(

i heard the retail version here gonna cost 600rs anybody has news on that?

ubergeek said:
its one of those rare games which makes me feel guilty for playing the pirated copy :(

same here but not played the pirated version ....
any news about the price:D

haha , so all they achieved with taking the pain to add this special move was for a single lulz , now that it has already been overcome .

600 rupees!!! that would be a good price, not as good as 450 that i paid for a game like GTA 4.

Isn't this just wonderful we can buy atleast a few games for about US$10 only!!!! although for us the value of Rs. 450 is much more than the people of US value $10..

on topic, I'd say very smart Eidos... but it's not enough.

PC version not available on ebay India as yet. there is one guy selling "ahem" version on ebay for Rs. 200.....very expensive, don't you think?

ubergeek said:

the retail price is expected to be 699. quite a few decent games have released at that price point, including wolverine and dawn of war 2.

moshel said:
600 rupees!!! that would be a good price, not as good as 450 that i paid for a game like GTA 4.

Isn't this just wonderful we can buy atleast a few games for about US$10 only!!!! although for us the value of Rs. 450 is much more than the people of US value $10..

on topic, I'd say very smart Eidos... but it's not enough.

PC version not available on ebay India as yet. there is one guy selling "ahem" version on ebay for Rs. 200.....very expensive, don't you think?

Man the first time I saw the GTA IV box at Planet M for 499 bucks I was like OMG... awesome! But seriously, if this game is priced at 699 bucks... pure goodness! :hap2:

But what did Eidos obtain by deliberately putting the glitch. Ok they know that the game got pirated and someone actually played it before its official launch but they could not stop that from happening right ? So i did not understand the motive behind putting the glitch in the first place :S

raksrules said:
But what did Eidos obtain by deliberately putting the glitch. Ok they know that the game got pirated and someone actually played it before its official launch but they could not stop that from happening right ? So i did not understand the motive behind putting the glitch in the first place :S

I read somewhere this was done to make the game pirate-proof, protect the game from being copied.

Nice idea sirjee. Is that why most of the recent PC games are horrible ports? Apply the patch and then play. Problem is GTA 4 hardly got fixed and Saints Row 2 is still untouchable (for me). Not to mention Rage, "Hey Gringo try downloading 1 TB."

Batman: Arkham Asylum Review for PC - GameSpot

It has a 9.0 rating and where it lost the points were

* Too tempting to play through the entire game in detective vision mode

* Supervillains that you don't get to fight feel like missed opportunities.

So true. I played the game nearly with DM on.

And another sad news i found out. Dunno if it's true. Did not want to make an entire thread of it. there is no Marvel ultimate alliance 2 : Fusion for the PC :( at least not for now. Even gamespot has taken down the Fusion (PC) page.

:cry: I won't get a chance to play as Deadpool again. I don't know why they dropped the idea isn't it bad enough that we didn't get to play X-Men Legends.

X-men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are fantastic games.

prabs said:
:cry: I won't get a chance to play as Deadpool again. I don't know why they dropped the idea isn't it bad enough that we didn't get to play X-Men Legends.

X-men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are fantastic games.

maybe its a timed exclusive

Back