Android [Pixel 7 Pro] Anyone found a good tempered glass screen protector?

mehimdumb_7t

Disciple
May 6, 2021
As the title states, did anyone find a good tempered glass screen protector which is available in India?
I tried Spigen's liquid application TPU guard, but I ran out of the liquid and both of them did not fit correctly (bubbles and weird marks, even waited a week for curing).

I'd rather not use the phone without a screen protector as there are already a couple of light scratches by keeping it in my pocket.
Victus seems to be how most people say it is - more resistant to shattering, but compromised on scratch resistance.

Reactions: tommy_vercetti

Asteroid

Disciple
Oct 24, 2022
I would recommend visiting one of those shops that make you a custom screen protector from a big sheet. They scan your phone and then laser cut you a plastic film protector for your device with the perfect cutouts and coverage. Plastic film is not as resistant as tempered glass to scratches but it should serve you till the tempered glass protector makers come out with a tempered glass for the p7p. Plastic screen protectors have certain benefits as well, they are much slimmer and as such have a better feel, they disappear at the edge of the display whereas tempered glass protectors will have a visible lip where they end, plastic screen protectors can provide true edge to edge coverage whereas the tempered glass protectors are usually shorter on all sides to allow for case compatibility, which is a non issue on the platic ones as they are not thick enough to impact the case fit. Plastic screen protectos are also less prone to suffer from color fringing/newton ring defect, due to the fact they are slimmer.

Reactions: mehimdumb_7t

ibose

Skilled
Jun 20, 2009
As the title states, did anyone find a good tempered glass screen protector which is available in India?
I tried Spigen's liquid application TPU guard, but I ran out of the liquid and both of them did not fit correctly (bubbles and weird marks, even waited a week for curing).

I'd rather not use the phone without a screen protector as there are already a couple of light scratches by keeping it in my pocket.
Victus seems to be how most people say it is - more resistant to shattering, but compromised on scratch resistance.
I have purchased the screen protector (not Tempered Glass) from Gadgetshieldz. It is sufficient for protection against scratches.

mehimdumb_7t

Disciple
May 6, 2021
Looks like I'll need to ask someone to get Whitestone Dome from abroad.

For the time being, I washed the Spigen one (didn't know we can wash and re-use) and applied it using light soapy water.
Alignment was somehow ok. There are still marks from the squeegee I used, but it is better than nothing.

I have purchased the screen protector (not Tempered Glass) from Gadgetshieldz. It is sufficient for protection against scratches.
This looks very similar to the one by Spigen. Very very difficult to align correctly.

I would recommend visiting one of those shops that make you a custom screen protector from a big sheet. They scan your phone and then laser cut you a plastic film protector for your device with the perfect cutouts and coverage. Plastic film is not as resistant as tempered glass to scratches but it should serve you till the tempered glass protector makers come out with a tempered glass for the p7p. Plastic screen protectors have certain benefits as well, they are much slimmer and as such have a better feel, they disappear at the edge of the display whereas tempered glass protectors will have a visible lip where they end, plastic screen protectors can provide true edge to edge coverage whereas the tempered glass protectors are usually shorter on all sides to allow for case compatibility, which is a non issue on the platic ones as they are not thick enough to impact the case fit. Plastic screen protectos are also less prone to suffer from color fringing/newton ring defect, due to the fact they are slimmer.
The problem is the curved screen. Most of the plastic ones come off pretty easily.
But I hear you, need to find such a shop here. I did not know such shops existed.

ibose

Skilled
Jun 20, 2009
This looks very similar to the one by Spigen. Very very difficult to align correctly.
No idea about the Spigen but I have used that for all my phones. It takes some time and patience to apply but once done it works really well. I have been using it for 4-5 years now successfully even for curved phones. I avoid tempered glass as they never really fit properly and dust easily enters through the gaps and causes more scratches. I only buy the screen protector and make my own liquid which is nothing but soap water as shown in their videos. The key to application is making sure 1) you do it in a clean environment, 2) you wet your hands with the soap liquid for handling and 3) apply sufficient amount of liquid to the protector. Then align it. Once done carefully remove the excess soap water and dry it a little using a hair dryer at medium. Leave it overnight and it should be ready in the morning. Any bubbles which do remain should automatically disappear over time. See the videos to get some more idea -

mehimdumb_7t

Disciple
May 6, 2021
No idea about the Spigen but I have used that for all my phones. It takes some time and patience to apply but once done it works really well. I have been using it for 4-5 years now successfully even for curved phones. I avoid tempered glass as they never really fit properly and dust easily enters through the gaps and causes more scratches. I only buy the screen protector and make my own liquid which is nothing but soap water as shown in their videos. The key to application is making sure 1) you do it in a clean environment, 2) you wet your hands with the soap liquid for handling and 3) apply sufficient amount of liquid to the protector. Then align it. Once done carefully remove the excess soap water and dry it a little using a hair dryer at medium. Leave it overnight and it should be ready in the morning. Any bubbles which do remain should automatically disappear over time. See the videos to get some more idea -
I just watched the video. The application is the same as Spigen minus the hairdryer part.

It's another option to keep in mind given the cost of Spigen.

Reactions: ibose

Mainak777

Disciple
Dec 7, 2012
Malda, West Bengal

Have a look at this one or similar ones..They comes with both matte and glossy finish as per you likings

Link- https://amzn.eu/d/eCzPqDY