Plan to buy 3G USB Data Card what care should be taken?

Emperor

Skilled
Hello Friends,

I'm planning to buy UNLOCK idea 3G (Huawei) E1732 usb data card is it good to buy as it's 7.6Mbps download capable & plan to use it with MTNL 3G sim/service.

What care should I take to make it sustain for long time?

I heard that 3G usb stick is very fond to fail :( my friend had very bad experience with MTNL Locked 3G & he strongly suggest to buy unlock where prompt service is available in case hardware failure.

Now the warranty part: cheapest available with ebay is with 12 Month Manufacturer Warranty which is totally WRONG as Huawei not willing to give service for UNLOCK card, few dealer like dvdstore here at TE & few 1 at eaby.in ready to give Sellers Warranty for 6 month.

I wish to know how sellers warranty work, if you have any real life experience please post as it will be good to judge the dealer & how he support warranty & how much TOTAL time they requires to replace/repair the 3G USB card & send back to buyer.

Any other suggestion welcome :)

Regards :)

Just do not throw it around or sit over it and do not try too hard to brick it with firmware update.

It will be fine.

Sent from Galaxy S2

red dragon said:
Just do not throw it around or sit over it and do not try too hard to brick it with firmware update.

It will be fine.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Thanks but I always handle every thing with at most care :)
sbhas2k said:
Instead buy UMG 1831.. Using it for past 6 months.. No probs at all.. It will be on almost 18hrs daily..

Looking for medium budget up to 1.5k 3G USB stick :)

I bought E1732 unlocked from ebay for 1169 after using coupon [ 1yr warranty] and spent another 150 bucks to get the jadoo 3g prepaid sim and did a Rs 99 recharge for 200 mb with 30 days validity .. speeds are around 1mbps .. signal strength is 3/5 ..

ajex said:
I bought E1732 unlocked from ebay for 1169 after using coupon [ 1yr warranty]

You lost ANY WARRANTY as soon as you bought UNLOCKED data card. It's good if seller @ ebay assure you about sellers personal warranty but not sure how they will manage personal warranty :(

From Today only I found that ALL ebay dealer (at least for Unlock 3G USB) increase price by Rs. 75 to Rs. 100/-. :(

Just like Shop Keepers increase price when festive season is around the corner :(

Not amazed if eaby start loosing buyers

I had bought a UMG 1831 from santoshsgh (EBAY),last year.

It was defective as it din't had an IMEI no.,returned it to him, got the replacement in 3 days

ramanujpatro said:
I had bought a UMG 1831 from santoshsgh (EBAY),last year.

It was defective as it din't had an IMEI no.,returned it to him, got the replacement in 3 days

Thats great! It seems he is very good dealer, if I set my mind than would like to buy form him.

are the one provided by IDEA can be unlocked. my friend has one lying around spare. What is procedure for unlocking. or If it can't be done at home then How much cost and where to get it done..

also provide pros and cons of doing it.

UMG 1831 21 mbps data card is the best.

But it costs around rs 2400 in ebay.

You should get Huawei E1750c 7.2 mbps data card compared to E1732 as it has USSD,voice call and video call feautres too. Many ebay merchants are selling it unlocked with latest mobile partner software dashboard.

Waranty is a bit sticky. It is true that this low price is posible because of operator logo like Airtel,Aircel,Idea subsidy.Once you unlock manufacturere waranty may be void. But data card @ 1300-1500-what can you expect? if it works for 3-6 months ,you have to be happy!

Brand new never locked modem by Alcatel.Beetel etc are sold in Flipkart,letsbuy starting from rs 1600.

6 months ago 3.6 mbps data cards were selling at rs 2000. I have paid rs 2400 for tata photon a year ago and rs 1600 forVoda 3570z and Rs 1500 for Huawei e1750c .If you know how to unlock, you can buy Huawei/Zte 7.2 mbps data card/modem with pre paid sim from Airtel,Aircel,Idea,Docomo shops and then un lock yourself.
<

http://cgi.ebay.in/w...#ht_1046wt_1144

are the one provided by IDEA can be unlocked. my friend has one lying around spare. What is procedure for unlocking. or If it can't be done at home then How much cost and where to get it done..

also provide pros and cons of doing it.

Yes, you can easily unlock it. Just have to generate the unlock code using software tools or a site like this -- http://www.lur.nu/unlock/huawei/

The default dashboard or the mobile partner which comes with the modem may not support entering the unlock code, so download the corresponding one from here - http://www.dc-files.com/

After that just insert a non Idea sim and it will give you an option to enter an unlock code, just enter the code generated from the above site.

That's it, modem unlocked!
<

Yes, you can easily unlock it. Just have to generate the unlock code using software tools or a site like this -- http://www.lur.nu/unlock/huawei/

The default dashboard or the mobile partner which comes with the modem may not support entering the unlock code, so download the corresponding one from here - http://www.dc-files.com/

After that just insert a non Idea sim and it will give you an option to enter an unlock code, just enter the code generated from the above site.

That's it, modem unlocked!
<

simple procedure. thanks for directing me. You make my day.

I have got an Aircel India Huawei E1750C usb modem.
And all of the 10 unlock chances are used by aircel themselves.
So, I am unable to unlock it.
Any tips?

Back