Planning to buy HTC One V - Is my decision correct?

bluevolt

Disciple
I am in mobile market for past 15 days and after some research only one phone has touched my heart i.e. HTC One V. It's design is fantastic, screen is good, has expandable memory, has snob value, good build quality, expandable memory, running latest android os, fair battery capacity, camera is better than most phones in this category etc. Only issue is single core 1GHZ processor because of which many have turned against this phone. I haven't tried this phone my self yet but from most youtube videos I can see that this phone hardly lags or slow downs. It is almost capable of running most of the applications.

Now coming down to my requirements from a phone

-> Basic phone usage i.e incoming/outgoing calls and SMSes.
-> Internet browsing/Email
-> Music listening
-> Taking Photos
-> Watching movies/youtube videos

After considering these requirements I find HTV One V a perfect phone for myself. I hardly play any game and it looks VFM. (Retailing for around 17K with 8GB card).

Please suggest me whether I should stick to this phone or is there any new better model coming up?

Xperia U is ruled out because of non-expandable memory, Xperia Sola and others are not touching heart (not feeling exclusive as design is almost same across the XPERIA range).

Any other phones in my fixed budget of 20K?

I own a sola,just about 2 months old and now the touch screen is not working well.I think its some software bug,but can be related to the hardware too.If you lookup sony mobile forums there are a hell lot of guys complaining about the same.Otherwise its a nice phone with good screen,good musiq quality,bettery is just average.

I can't stop laughing if I read just the bold parts. The battery life has to be poor due to low capacity + if you tuen on the bravia engine thing, it'll suffer from loose motions.

- - - Updated - - -

I own a sola,just about 2 months old and now the touch screen is not working well.I think its some software bug,but can be related to the hardware too.If you lookup sony mobile forums there are a hell lot of guys complaining about the same.Otherwise its a nice phone with good screen,good musiq quality,bettery is just average.

I can't stop laughing if I read just the bold parts. The battery life has to be poor due to low capacity + if you tuen on the bravia engine thing, it'll suffer from loose motions.

Back