Planning to go for M.tech, future benefits ?

There's no chance i will get in some IIT's :(, but yeah will be able to get into some reputed local colleges..

The main thing is that, my mom want me to be settled in Bhilai, chhattisgarh only, and if i go for job, its sure i will have to settle in Tier-1 or Tier-2 city, where i have to build everything from scrap again :(:(
Bhillai is a tiny place and you will not have much opportunity there.I know its none of my business and i dont know your family condition.....but when GROWN UP people say things like "my mom dosent want me to do this " or "my parents wont allow me to do that" it really gets on my nerve......do what is good for you,go where ever you need to go to get a better job and stop worrying what your mom wants......and ofcourse you will have start from scrap again....do you want to live off your parents the rest of your life??

What I personally feel....M.Tech in good reputed universities like IIT,NIT or any local reputed top university(or college) yes(campus placements).....any other normal colleges no...get your self a good job and then join the M.Tech later on......at my place some colleges manage M.Tech courses and even people who do jobs can get their M.Tech degrees as regular students.....so it is up to you....

Almost decided to go for RHCE certification, then will look for a Linux admin job in IT industry :):)

The only thing which worry me is that, i will have to start job with 2.5-3.0 pa package :(

after 2-3 year, even though if package rises to 4.5-5.0, i wont be able to buy a house which will surely cost upside of 1 crore in any tier-2 or tier-1 city in that scenario.

Thinking about all this, all hard work which i had done till now, seems to be a total waste :(:(

Almost decided to go for RHCE certification, then will look for a Linux admin job in IT industry :):)

The only thing which worry me is that, i will have to start job with 2.5-3.0 pa package :(

after 2-3 year, even though if package rises to 4.5-5.0, i wont be able to buy a house which will surely cost upside of 1 crore in any tier-2 or tier-1 city in that scenario.

Thinking about all this, all hard work which i had done till now, seems to be a total waste :(:(
apply for psu jobs...wont have to worry about houses then....

M.tech adds a lot of value, depends where you do it from. IITs will easily land you jobs at Amazon Google. People I know quit their jobs after 2-3 years did M.tech from IITs and have great profiles right now.

With the Visa scenario changing a bit in USA people with Masters degree may have significant advantages, they are already fed up with unskilled people taking their jobs so to speak.

Is there any degree in CSE which i can pursue further, and which will surely add to my job in future :):)
Try to get into CDAC's ACTS pune/banglore/hyd. its the best thing that you can do after btech. its a 6 month course called Diploma in Advanced Computing. but do it only if you managed to get a seat in above 3 schools.

@booo , one of my friend has done CDAC from some nice institute in Bandra, mumbai, its me only who had gone there to drop him :D :D

During admission, they promised like hell, 1000's campuses come here 101% placement, but after he's done with his course, they hardly give any importance to him ,and just said, attend there, run there and here for campus..

i know 8-9 people of his CDAC group, and none of them was able to get into some IT industry. Finally my friend used some jack to get into a IT industry in NGP, with pay scale in the range of 1.2~~ :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello!

You claim to be spending much more than that on just a toilet!

I guess you already have some business, which may require your attention 3-4 days a month, rest of the time you spend time on multiple forums trolling like this.

mba is only good if done from very good colleges......it is even more useless than mtech if done from average colleges....you will get 1.5lpa if y0u do from ordinary colleges and very little chance of promotion......unlike engineering degrees mba is hugely dependent on brand name of college for success.....and once you complete mba you will have a 2 year gap from engineering degree and if you then try to go back to IT jobs you cant. if you get into good mba colleges then your earning will increase significantly

Bro go for MBA after completing B.tech, not M.tech. It will give you better salary in future. One of the guys in my dad's office has a B.tech + MBA degree and earns around 5 lakhs
Nowadays it has become a fashion trend to do MBA directly after BTECH.
May be i don't understand it. But i feel BTech is technical and MBA is more of business. So one is shifting from a technical to Business. How does one's interest suddenly change like that?
I feel this combination may suit someone who wants to be an Entrepreneur.

People don't have aptitude for it, they don't know why they do it, but they still do it. Then after getting a job they don't like it.
I have some idiotic friends who have convinced their parents that an MBA is a must to get a job after BE. That too they have gone to UK/US for that. Wasted their parent's Hard earned 12-20lakhs and finally ended up coming to India jobless, as they were too useless to get a job.
I think this happens only in India.
@Being.smart Please decide what you are actually interested in, rather than lamely follow what someone has done.
If you are interested in teaching then go ahead and do it. At the end of the day you should be satisfied and happy.
You should know what you are interested in. Don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some idiotic friends who have convinced their parents that an MBA is a must to get a job after BE. That too they have gone to UK/US for that. Wasted their parent's Hard earned 12-20lakhs and finally ended up coming to India jobless, as they were too useless to get a job.
I think this happens only in India.
Its usually the other way around. parents want their kids to do it because son of dad's coleague did it or some x person advised mom/dad about it. in AP its like crazy, they want their kids to go for iit coaching in 6th standard.

There's no chance i will get in some IIT's :(, but yeah will be able to get into some reputed local colleges..

The main thing is that, my mom want me to be settled in Bhilai, chhattisgarh only, and if i go for job, its sure i will have to settle in Tier-1 or Tier-2 city, where i have to build everything from scrap again :(:(

If you are ok with what you mom says, then stay in Bhilai.
May be you can look at starting some Computer Institute like NIIT. That way you can pursue teaching, as well as make good money.

I have done BE in Electronics and Telecomm+Diploma Certificate in Embedded Systems and have 2+ years experience in embedded software.
Current profile is Embedded Linux Programming(c/c++).
Did all this in Mumbai and dont want to go to any other city....;)
I am thinking of either pursuing MBA or MTech...considering job opportunities in Mumbai... :confused:

Nowadays it has become a fashion trend to do MBA directly after BTECH.
May be i don't understand it. But i feel BTech is technical and MBA is more of business. So one is shifting from a technical to Business. How does one's interest suddenly change like that?

After a course in IT/Comp Sc., you can't grow vertically in tech field as a programmer. You need to know about management to be able to become a Manager, CEO etc someday. You will gradually become a manager if you keep coding for number of years and gaining some soft-skills from here and there (while on the job).

OR

You can do a course in management and become a manager (or better manager) little earlier than your BTech only counterparts.

Only clueless people do MBA out of FASHION :D

Back