Budget 21-30k Planning to upgrade my PC - Does this look ok?

Congrats for the upgrade OP.

Slightly OT: How does a B550 motherboard provide better upgrade path in the future? I believe this is the last AM4 socket chipset & future CPUs will have a different socket. The only possible upside of getting a B550 motherboard at this point of time seems to be PCIE 4. Again this only impacts high end SSDs as GPUs seem to be much less bandwidth restricted at the moment.

I feel at this point of time an Intel system provides much better value as they are priced better & there is simply no upgrade path available for Intel or AMD this generation. In fact Intel might support one more generation on LGA1200 socket.

Thanks man. I just wanted to buy a motherboard from which I can use the latest GPU series and a 5600x cpu somewhere down the line.

On a different note, I got my NVME PCIE SSD. I have not run any benchmarks yet, but is there any optimisation required in Windows? Am using it as a boot drive. I bought the crucial one.

Thanks man. I just wanted to buy a motherboard from which I can use the latest GPU series and a 5600x cpu somewhere down the line.

On a different note, I got my NVME PCIE SSD. I have not run any benchmarks yet, but is there any optimisation required in Windows? Am using it as a boot drive. I bought the crucial one.
Try to run some synthetic benchmarks first and see if you are getting somewhere around manufacturers claimed speeds.
If you are 90% or closer to claimed speeds all is good.

Back