Planning to venture into Console [PS3] territory

welcome to the club...

a world of exclusive and classic hd(now)....

and your lucky to get fw 3.50...

as a suggestion, play MGS4, the best game i played so far... fully immersive...

try other like demon souls, GOW, GT, Infamouse, Heavy rain, LBP, Killzone...

quixand said:
Got it today!! :)

April build f/w 3.50

edit: Done with Poseidon, loved it! Going to get GoW1 and 2 tomorrow.

Welcome to the club. Extremely lucky in getting the 3.50 firmware I'd say. Where did you get it from btw?

^Consoles with system software version 3.55 or older can be jailbroken. That's why. :p

Besides, it is hard to find a console with those older firmwares in the market today so it appears quix bagged a good deal.

It had 3.5 but I updated it to the latest F/W, no intentions of JBing it. Please share your PSN ids via PM.

@Coolcatric - Absolutely Fantastic, completely different experience from PC. Do get a demo (If this is your first console like me) before you purchase it.

Games are kickass, I'm just trying to get the best out of my 26" 768p LCD. I got God of War 3, Uncharted 3, God Of War : Origins, Need to get GoW 1 and 2. Lives up to the name and beyond.

See you guys in the ps3 section :)

quixand said:
It had 3.5 but I updated it to the latest F/W, no intentions of JBing it. Please share your PSN ids via PM.

@Coolcatric - Absolutely Fantastic, completely different experience from PC. Do get a demo (If this is your first console like me) before you purchase it.

Games are kickass, I'm just trying to get the best out of my 26" 768p LCD. I got God of War 3, Uncharted 3, God Of War : Origins, Need to get GoW 1 and 2. Lives up to the name and beyond.

See you guys in the ps3 section :)
Gr8 man ! Even my story is somewhat same i have been gaming on PC since a decade, goes back to DOS based PC gaming using mouse and keyboard.

Now, currently i am not in a mood for PC upgrade and would buy MY 1ST CONSOLE soon.. So it easy to shit from keyboard/mouse to controller.... And what made you buy PS3 over xbox ?

btw,i ll game of 40' Bravia, hope i get even much better experience :p

Transitioning from KB/Mouse to GamePad is not much of a big deal, it does takes some time, but I had a Dualshock knock off and currently using an Xbox controller so not entirely alien to the feel.

And I bought PS3 over Xbox solely because I wanted to play it's exclusives GoW, Uncharted, Heavy Rain etc. It was a tough decision, though.

quixand said:
Transitioning from KB/Mouse to GamePad is not much of a big deal, it does takes some time, but I had a Dualshock knock off and currently using an Xbox controller so not entirely alien to the feel.

And I bought PS3 over Xbox solely because I wanted to play it's exclusives GoW, Uncharted, Heavy Rain etc. It was a tough decision, though.

U mean to say that you using xbox controller with your PS3 right now ?!

April Make n 3.50 Firmware..You were extremely Lucky Bro!

But yeah Online Gaming is a plus as u updated to the latest Firmware but believe me people are paying more then MRP to buy a 3.50 console here in delhi!

Im venturing into console gaming too this Christmas!

Hoping to get a 3.50 make,play a few titles and then update to latest and play new games!

coolcatric said:
U mean to say that you using xbox controller with your PS3 right now ?!

He meant he has got used to the X360 controller and another cheap Chinese knockoff of the the DualShock controller with the PC.

coolcatric said:
i have heard you can connect xbox contoller with PS3, is it true ?
You need the 'XCM Cross Battle Adapter'. Bear in mind, that you will not have access to any motion controls in the game, if you use this adapter and the 360 controller.

coolcatric said:
Hey, congratulation man ! If i may ask, what made you buy PS3 over xbox :) :)

1) Exclusive Games

2) Blu Ray Player

3) Had a ps2 and wanna play the sequels

4) Buying Xbox 360 supports piracy :p :p (though i hope i get <3.55 :p)

5) Read 1st point Again (Main reason!!!!)

I am buying the PS3 again (for the third time). This time for my 2.5 yrs old kid :p Move bundle primarily. Can anyone comment which one should I buy (just want to increase my chances to get a PS3 with FW lt 3.55)

I have a coupon that I can use at letsbuy.com and thats the only place I am buying the PS3 from.

Suggestions guys !!!

Back