Android Playing Android Games on TV

Hi, I have a decently powerful Redmi phone and a Mi TV. I am not a gamer and do not fancy big titles. Is it possible to play some small Android games with its display on TV? Do we need extra hardware for that?

I mostly play games like Angry Birds. But I really want to explore some latest Android games that I can play on a big screen.

If I got you confused, can we have the game played on the TV screen somehow? Thanks.

There are a few games available in the Play store of the TV itself. You can try those. You can use your mobile as a gamepad controller for playing those games (search android tv app on mobile).

If you want to play game on the mobile but wish to see it on TV then see if the game has the casting option. If it doesn't, then you cast your mobile directly (from settings of the mobile. Sometimes it's called wireless display). If it doesn't work then you can install google home app on your mobile and cast from there.

I don't think my TV is strong enough for games. Perhaps try the Screen Mirror option using Google Home. Thanks.
First verify how seamless is the casting working else there's a lag of 1 sec or so and it might affect games i completing levels...

Casting at my ends sometimes lags up to 2 secs while mostly its a live as it can be..

Last edited:
I tried Angry Birds 2 on TV through Google Home screen mirroring. It worked fine.

Then I thought of using an Emulator on PC. Tried Genymotion. Sadly the quality of graphics was not great in the games I tried. Which include Asphalt 8 and a couple more titles that were recommended alongside. I even alloted 6 cores and 5GB RAM but there was small lag on the PC and the quality of graphics on my 24-inch monitor was not comfortable. I used some 1920x1200 tablet as a virtual device.

Hi, I have a decently powerful Redmi phone and a Mi TV. I am not a gamer and do not fancy big titles. Is it possible to play some small Android games with its display on TV? Do we need extra hardware for that?

I mostly play games like Angry Birds. But I really want to explore some latest Android games that I can play on a big screen.

If I got you confused, can we have the game played on the TV screen somehow? Thanks.
You need a USB 3.x Type-C port with altDP support if you want to practically use your mobile device with TV. I use my Samsung tablet in hotels, with a small Type-C hub, with or without DeX, when travelling light.

scrcpy - screen copy is something you should try out
I just connect my phone to my laptop via a USB-C cable and run scrcpy. The laptop is connected over to my TV via HDMI cable. scrcpy mirrors your phones screen and can send remote touches to the device (it does much more than that) enabling me to play an android game on a big screen. I used to play Nintendo DS games on Drastic emulator on my android phone. Just set it up as mentioned above and connect a wireless controller to my phone. For the audio i would use wireless earbuds and play for hours. It now also supports audio forwarding so that's great!

Just tested it with v2.0 of scrcpy, works well, audio forwarding works and gameplay is smooth. If you've got a wireless mouse/keyboard/game pad, you're set.

Attachments

• scrcpy-ab2_2.png
    scrcpy-ab2_2.png
    798.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back