Playstation 5 & Xbox Series X

What are you going to buy or wish to buy? Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X

• Total voters
Unlikely given only 20 days are remaining between now & launch date & there is still no information on pre orders. It might get a soft launch on 19th Nov for pre orders but I wouldn't expect it to actually ship before mid December or even January next year.

Ps5 plus collection is very good collection of games.
Now they have added FF XV too to that collection.
Good for people going for PS5 day one.

Unlikely given only 20 days are remaining between now & launch date & there is still no information on pre orders. It might get a soft launch on 19th Nov for pre orders but I wouldn't expect it to actually ship before mid December or even January next year.
My best bet is December end to mid January

Looks like PS5 controller is a game changer, see here, let's how the adoption is in third party games.
Don't you guys think the lack of information related to Series S is a bit puzzling? Whatever information has been leaking doesn't seem to very promising too. Looks like the Series S is either a total dud or it has very good performance & makes the Series X look bad in comparison(Highly unlikely). Microsoft would have been better of selling a digital only variant like PS5 digital & price it similarly. They have undercut the price compared to PS5 but it looks like they have undercut the hardware too much. Specially with the pricing in India Series S makes no sense at all at its current price.

Last edited:
Looks like PS5 controller is a game changer, see here, let's how the adoption is in third party games.
Don't you guys think the lack of information related to Series S is a bit puzzling? Whatever information has been leaking doesn't seem to very promising too. Looks like the Series S is either a total dud or it has very good performance & makes the Series X look bad in comparison(Highly unlikely). Microsoft would have been better of selling a digital only variant like PS5 digital & price it similarly. They have undercut the price compared to PS5 but it looks like they have undercut the hardware too much. Specially with the pricing in India Series S makes no sense at all at its current price.
To be honest series s never made sense. Even in the US for 100$ more you get the best system why compromise? I hope series S does not hold series X back.

To be honest series s never made sense. Even in the US for 100$ more you get the best system why compromise? I hope series S does not hold series X back.
Agreed. They decided to cut too much hardware & didn't price it accordingly specially with PS5 digital coming in at $400.

Regarding holding back performance, I think it won't because usually its the processor which holds back the performance as graphics can easily be scaled down/up. Developers seem to be already cutting out new gen features from Series S as per this article. DMC 5 special edition will not have Raytracing on Series S despite it having ray tracing hardware. Clearly this indicates that there are too few ray tracing cores left in the scaled down version of Series S due to it having only 20 CUs compared to 52 on Series X. I reckon at best it will run the games at 1080p 60 with no ray tracing on most of the games. Now this performance could be acceptable for many of us but not at the current price. It should be sold at max 25k in India & even then it will sell only due to Game Pass.

Just in, first PS5 vs Series X next gen game, DMC 5, comparison by digital foundry. Watch here.

Looks like despite Series X having higher TFlops, PS5 is beating it in high performance mode & the performance advantage of Series X in other modes is nothing significant. This is despite both running at same resolution & similar quality settings. Who would have though?
This information is not at all conclusive with data on just one game. Lets see how AC valhalla performs.

Also, PS5s faster SSD is helping it load the game in 2s compared to 3s on Series X, so not at all as significant as Sony would have you believe.

Series X is also supporting VRR & allowing users to select 60FPS mode on a 120Hz displays which apparently can't be done in PS5 for some reason. So if your PS5 is connected to a 120Hz display, you'll essentially be locked at high refresh mode at low resolution. It could just be a DMC 5 issue or could be a PS5 limitation for now.

Series X performance is turning out to be not that impressive. As per the initial reviews, in many 3rd party games both PS5 & Series X feature similar quality settings but PS5 is taking a lead in keeping higher resolution as well as smoother gameplay. This is very unexpected considering the additional power Series X has over PS5 in terms of Tflop. Maybe this is a game development issue or maybe it is something to with the hardware? Lets see how this play out in more titles before reaching any verdict.

I've been telling him to wait for at least half a dozen system sellers to release first before buying a PS5, preferably a Horizon: Forbiden West bundle by Q4 2021.

I've been telling him to wait for at least half a dozen system sellers to release first before buying a PS5, preferably a Horizon: Forbiden West bundle by Q4 2021.
I sold my PS4 pro so will have to buy when it arrives in India. But youre right , honestly nothing to play right now. Except for demon souls (not my kind of game) also this are brand new consoles first hardware revision. If anything happens to imported piece it's dead weight. Sony India won't even repair the console from what I have heard

Yea atm it's a good deal only for people who skipped on the PS4 entirely, the PSN collection has some decent titles but I'd still wait for the next gen upgrades before booting some of them up.
Godfall is a generic mess too as expected, new COD is a dud too, that leaves the usual iterative Assassin Creed and Watch Dogs titles.
Demon's Souls looks amazing though, Bluepoint hit that one out of the park, I hope they get to make a title of their own.
After the last CP2077 update, I'm skeptical of that one too, game looks a bit janky and unpolished expecially on the base versions.

Back