Playstation Plus - Discussion Thread

Nothing important. They went from days to month logic.so if you had subscribed on 6th June you will be charged automatically at the end of the month on 30th June.
Or I could be wrong and it could mean something completely different.

can someone tell me how i can subscribe to psplus? i tried my sbi mastercard debit card but it isnt working...i called sony customer service, they said i need to have something called "address verification system"on my card

can someone tell me how i can subscribe to psplus? i tried my sbi mastercard debit card but it isnt working...i called sony customer service, they said i need to have something called "address verification system"on my card
Mastercard debit won't work.

No debit cards work.

Try a credit card or icici /axis debit card..

@quixand - Thanks for the update mate.

Metal Gear Rising is a definite no go pretty sure it will be huge.

Remember Me is definitely on my list.

P.S.: Running out of HDD space on PS3 :(

I simply cannot get the PS3 proxy thing started :(

i downloaded spec ops and did everything fine. The PS3 still chooses to download it from the internet.. >.<

[10/17/2013 11:00:01 PM] http://nsx-e.np.dl.playstation.net/...P1001-NPEB00986_00-SPECOPSTHELINE00&member=sp
[10/17/2013 11:00:01 PM] http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...sGocSgemZgCcVEGnU.pkg?product=008C&country=in -> C:\Users\Kauzy\Downloads\PS3\aKtSUHdpaONzQsltFRXpBnGQezVmpxNQnUNUrqBfAheUpOnsGocSgemZgCcVEGnU.pkg
[10/17/2013 11:00:00 PM] http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...sGocSgemZgCcVEGnU.pkg?product=008C&country=in -> C:\Users\Kauzy\Downloads\PS3\aKtSUHdpaONzQsltFRXpBnGQezVmpxNQnUNUrqBfAheUpOnsGocSgemZgCcVEGnU.pkg
[10/17/2013 11:00:00 PM] http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...sGocSgemZgCcVEGnU.pkg?product=008C&country=in -> C:\Users\Kauzy\Downloads\PS3\aKtSUHdpaONzQsltFRXpBnGQezVmpxNQnUNUrqBfAheUpOnsGocSgemZgCcVEGnU.pkg

I simply cannot get the PS3 proxy thing started :(

i downloaded spec ops and did everything fine. The PS3 still chooses to download it from the internet.. >.<

Happened to me a number of times.
I realized one thing last time around - If I drag and select the url the copied data somehow differs to the copied data that I get by right-clicking on a link and selecting 'copy link shortcut/url'.
Both copied texts when placed in a browser do the same thing and prompt you to save the pkg file.
The only problem is PS3 Proxy Server sees it differently and doesn't work with the drag and copied data.

From your quote it seems that you are downloading it from the store and binding the first and only url you get to the file. Everytime you start your downloads from within the store either by going to View Downloads or going to the game's page and start the download it will state and start using 3 links and will do it directly from the internet. That is why I switch to download in background and then test by trying to bind the file to only one url that you get on resuming the file.

Happened to me a number of times.
I realized one thing last time around - If I drag and select the url the copied data somehow differs to the copied data that I get by right-clicking on a link and selecting 'copy link shortcut/url'.
Both copied texts when placed in a browser do the same thing and prompt you to save the pkg file.
The only problem is PS3 Proxy Server sees it differently and doesn't work with the drag and copied data.

From your quote it seems that you are downloading it from the store and binding the first and only url you get to the file. Everytime you start your downloads from within the store either by going to View Downloads or going to the game's page and start the download it will state and start using 3 links and will do it directly from the internet. That is why I switch to download in background and then test by trying to bind the file to only one url that you get on resuming the file.

Got it working. I did this:

1. downloaded the game from PSN store via PS3 proxy, saved on lappy
2. after download was complete, re-clicked the download button and asked PS3 to download in background.
3. quit PSN store, went in to network -> download manager
4. ps3 proxy gave me a link with some ip address, replaced it in PS3 proxy
5. paused and resumed, gave me another ip address.
6. i again copied this address and added it into PS3 proxy
7. did it till i got almost 5-6 ip addresses.
8. finally the same IP address managed to pop-up, and voila, it routed to my PC download and it went through :D

:D

Glad to know proxy worked for you.

Point 7 : 5-6 addresses if you can do the binding really quick you can reduce the addresses you get.

agreed. but sometimes you are just too lazy for those 7 seconds :p

Now downloading Farcry 3.. may skip uncharted as it is friggin 38 GB's :O

agreed. but sometimes you are just too lazy for those 7 seconds :p

Now downloading Farcry 3.. may skip uncharted as it is friggin 38 GB's :O

I too had thought about it then got an used disc. It was cheaper than downloading 38 GBs.

We should all share these downloaded pkg files after all I don't think it is illegal considering we are playing for PSN+ service. We will save a lot of Bandwidth and get games faster. What do you guys think?

I am getting error '80029564' when I try to install 'Remember Me'. The setup reaches 14% and then throws this error.

I have downloaded the file using the following url -
http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...ssnJIIZJHHfDnJmMU.pkg?product=008C&country=in

I copied them onto my PS3 using both wired connection and wireless connection and it failed in both case. I don't understand how FDM could have corrupted the file but it is what it is.

@kauzy - Can you post the link of 'Remember Me' that you used?

Back