Pleas Suggest a Motherboard, CPU and RAM..

pranut

Adept
Pleas Suggest a Gaming RIG!!

1. Q: What is your budget?

A: 27k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

A: I currently have a HP Pavilion m7362in

Its config is:

Pentium D 2.8Ghz Proccy

2GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM

MSI HD4850 1GB OC Edition Graphic Card

Samsung P2370HD FULL HD Monitor

Coolermaster Real Power 550W

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

A: I will be keeping:

a. Graphic Card(HD4850 1GB)

b. PSU(Cooler Master RP 550W)

c. Monitor(Samsung P2370HD)

d. HDD

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

A: Surely gonna but AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

A: No upgrade on Proccy and MOBO for atleast 3 years, Will be upgrading RAM..

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

A: Most probably from Nehru Place-Delhi or TE Dealer.

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

A: YES, SURELY!

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

A: 1.GAMING

2. 24*7 Download Rig

3. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

A: NONE

10. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

A: Full HD(1920*1080)

11. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

A: NO, Never

12. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

A: Windows 7 Ultimate(x64 or x32)

I am looking forward to some replies, i will be really grateful.

Thanks Guys!

UPDATE: I AM NOT ONLY GOING FOR CPU,MOBO AND RAM BUT CABBY too now, SO PLEASE SUGGEST A GOOD CABBY that fits into my budget..

THANKS AGAIN GUYS..

Gigabyte 785GMT-US2H~4.6k/MSI 880GMA-E45~5.8k

2GB DDRIII GSkill RAM ~ 2.6k(1GB RAM is bare minimum for Windows 7. Go with 2GB RAM at least)

Total: 7.2k/8.4k

I guess the 2nd hand PhenomII 1090T costs u abt 12-13k.

Going for a PhenomII X4 945~7k/PhenomII 955BE ~ 8k lets u add 4GB RAM straight away.

@DarkAngel

Thanks a lot man, I think I will stick with 1GB RAM and will add more later, Want to get the best MOBO and Proccy in my budget.

Spacescreamer said:
from what i heard, 4GB unleashes the 4850's potential.
2GB still is kinda okayish. Can become bottleneck case sometimes.
hmmmm, never thought about that...thanks for informing..

hey pranut ! wassup man ?

get x4 955 with 785gmt-us2h @ 12k

and 2gb ddr3 @ 2.5k

are you planning to get speakers , keyboard , mouse , cabinet in that budget or is it just for cpu , mobo and ram ??

if its just cpu , mobo , and ram , get x6 1055t + msi 890gxm(cf comaptible) @ 17k

and 2gb corsair ram @ 3k :)

Hey Bro, thanks for the reply!

how are u ?

I m planning to buy only Proccy, MOBO and RAM at the moment..

@Mephistopheles

Yup It handles most of the games in Full HD in med-high settings, even though proccy is Pentium D 2.8!

Yes ofcourse...but people says its not beneficail...also Core i5 750 has better benchies than 1055T, wht do ya think ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also guys The one who was selling X6 1090T has backed off so suggest a proccy as well...

Thanks!

Yup Core i-5 750 is better for gaming than the 1055T. The Nehalam is a much better architecture than the ageing AMD K10.5. As of now no games makes use of more than 4 cores.

How many CPU cores do games need? | bit-tech.net

Going for AMD lets u add USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps for real cheap. But in case of LGA-1156 its a bit costlier.

Core i-5 750 ~ 10k

Gigabyte H-55M-UD2H ~ 5.8k/GA-H55M-USB3 ~ 7.3k (They have only SATA 3Gbps ports. Unless u gonna use a SSD's in the near future the SATA 3Gbps ports would suffice)

GSkill 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz ~ 2.6k

Total: 18.4k/19.9k

@DarkAngel

Thanks man...I want the config to be future proof so If later games are designed for 6 cores, then wouldn't it be beneficial to go for 6 cores proccy ?

Also there is no way I will be using SSDs...they are DAMN expensive!

What I need in a mobo is Crossfire ability, so that I can add another 4850 later....

What do u think ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also can u tell me what does 'Rev 1', 'Rev 2' etc. mean ?

They are the latest revisions of the mobo. Guess it is for added proccy support in the bios etc...

If u want to go 6-core then go with Buddingwhizkid's suggestion.

if its just cpu , mobo , and ram , get x6 1055t + msi 890gxm(cf comaptible) @ 17k

and 2gb corsair ram @ 3k

MSI Global

Its a fully featured mobo(mATX though). Its CFX compatible.

Back