Pleas Suggest a Motherboard, CPU and RAM..

Thread Updated...

Please check for the requirements again..

Also i am really confused on which proccy should I go for?? I want to be future proof..should I go with AMD 6 core or INTEL i5 750 ?

PLZ HELP!!

pranut said:
Thread Updated...

Please check for the requirements again..

Also i am really confused on which proccy should I go for?? I want to be future proof..should I go with AMD 6 core or INTEL i5 750 ?

PLZ HELP!!
There is nothing that is really "future proof"....
I have been following PC industry for 5 years(very keenly in the last ~2 yrs). When C2D's were released 4 years back they were revolutionary.
See where they stand now. They are mostly into entry level rigs.
When the C2D's were released my friends got the C2D 2.4GHz for 17k and C2D 1.86GHz for 10k!!!!!!!!! This was Diwali Time,2006(October-December). Now 3.5-4 years down the line they are just about basic. So this will be the case for the latest and greatest H/W of today, 4 years down the line.

If u are not gonna upgrade often then get the "6 cores" as four years back games werent even utililizing dual cores but now most of them make use of 4 cores if availbale. So as time progresses u will enjoy the benifits. Plus the USB 3.0 will become main stream in abt ~18 months. (Though u can add a seperate controller to a PCI-E x4 slot).

Going by how SSD's are fast developing you might even get a 80GB SSD for ~3k in the next 2-3 years in India and u might be feeling the pinch for not going for a mobo with SATA 6Gbps ports.

So if u are not a frequent upgrader(ie., if u upgrade proccy+mobo only once in 4-5 yrs) go for the Thubans. If u gonna upgrade in the next 2-2.5 yrs then go for the i-5 750.

@DarkAngel

Thanks for that bro..

Ok I have decided to go with Core i5 750.

I will be upgrading in 2-3 yrs time.

Which will be the best MOBO for it ? Also I need just 2GB DDR3 RAM right now.

The MOBO should have:

1. Crossfire X capabilty

2. support for 1600MHZ or more RAM

3. USB 3.0

Also please suggest a good cabby too..

THANKS!

pranut said:
@DarkAngel

Thanks for that bro..

Ok I have decided to go with Core i5 750.

I will be upgrading in 2-3 yrs time.

Which will be the best MOBO for it ? Also I need just 2GB DDR3 RAM right now.

The MOBO should have:

1. Crossfire X capabilty

2. support for 1600MHZ or more RAM

3. USB 3.0

Also please suggest a good cabby too..

THANKS!
Hey bru reconsider as the Intel socket line up will get a refresh next year around Jan MArch so you will be hung up again with an out of update processor and motherboard so if you will update 2~3 years down the line might as well get a new Intel rig, this is just a suggestion

these links will help you

Say hello to Intel's latest Socket - LGA1155 | ZDNet

Report: Intel preps new high-end socket for late 2011 - The Tech Report

Another new Intel socket planned: LGA1155 - Ars Technica OpenForum

As for the cabinet you can start from the

Zebronics Bijli ~ 2K

NZXT Gamma ~ 2.5K

NZXT M59 ~ 3.5K +

Cooler MAster CM 690 ( any version ) ~ 4K - 5.5K

Cooler MAster STORM series ~ 6K + ( Scout, Sniper )

Cooler MAster HAF series ~ 6.5K + ( HAF 922, 932 )

and so on

Hope this helps, enjoy your RIG build :)

If you are planning to upgrade in the next 2yrs then go for the following configuration :

CPU : X4 - 955 BE Rs.8000

Motherboard : MSI 880GMA-E45 Rs.5700 (it supports all your requirements except crossfire but if you get another 4850 you'll have to upgrade your SMPS too. If you're Ok with that, go with MSI 890GXM-G65~7.2k as suggested by DarkAngel )

Ram : Corsair 4gb DDR3 1333Mhz Kit Rs.5200

Cabinet : NZXT Gamma Rs.2200+200(extra intake 120mm fan) = Rs.2400

Total Amount comes to Rs.21500

Gigabyte P-55 UD2~6.25k/Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H~5.75k are m-ATX boards for Intel.

There is the NZXT Gamma ( best buy from Prime ABGB Bombay ~ 2150 + 500 for shipping and 2 K for the PSU ) , if you want the best bet it is C M 690 for 3.5K after a bit of haggling + 2K

ALPHA17 said:
There is the NZXT Gamma ( best buy from Prime ABGB Bombay ~ 2150 + 500 for shipping and 2 K for the PSU ) , if you want the best bet it is C M 690 for 3.5K after a bit of haggling + 2K
'after a bit of haggling + 2K'

What does this mean ?

pranut said:
Ok thanks got it so investing 1.5k extra worth it for CM 690 over Gamma ?
Yeah bigger, better more room but if you want the NZXT Gamma isn't a very bad deal its got all the features that the other cabbies have but just a bit smaller thats all :)

Back