Android please advice regarding ainol

Where do you intend to get it from?
Coz my colleagues got 2 Ainol Paladin ,few Momo Players from China during their official trip.
one paladin just stopped working without any reason.The other is just fine.Getting these serviced is a pain.

I just read the item listing in Ebay. The Vendor from Kolkata is the one I assume you intend to buy from.
1 year warranty is from the vendor not Ainol. In-case something goes wrong with the tab,do they repair / provide a refurbished one?
This needs to be discussed with the vendor.
As you mentioned about lag/freeze.Many users have reported it(browser lag) and are waiting for a ROM upgrade from Ainol.
So to be on a safer side , I would suggest you to monitor the developments of ROM upgrade and check if the reported issues are resolved.

Thanks for the advice
My main purpose of tablet would be reading pdf books and movies

Retina display is awesome for both purposes

Will wait though as advised

I bought a 10.1 tab from Arnold india thru ebay. The wifi was very weak and the screen doesn't even come close to the likes of ipad. So I returned it but oveR all Ainol india service and response was excellent.

Was planning but will wait for a month or so. Apparently the wifi module performance and new firmware should be in the channel in India by then (already shipping, but these things take time to get to us). The lag is quite horrible as we saw in the video reviews, though in-app performance seems pretty good. That's not a hardware issue, but of stock Android not being able to understand the resolution and of the firmware not able to translate it smoothly.

The new firmware promises 60fps in the UI, along with much improved wifi, so it may be worth waiting. The Retina screen on the Spark (and all other similar tablets) seems excellent and a viable alternative to the iPad, though same can't be said for the OS and UI. What saves it is the fact that it is at least not as shut-in as iOS, and Ainol is one of the poorer cousins of the Droid tab market. There are better bets in terms of raw performance (Chuwi and Onda come with more polished firmware and better wifi) but those have no support in India at all.

I have used all tablets from ipads
Definitely i will compare it subconsciously
Main concern again is Will it at least last for a year or suddenly break down like most Chinese things

How's your experience with ainol hero?

I have used all tablets from ipads
Definitely i will compare it subconsciously
Main concern again is Will it at least last for a year or suddenly break down like most Chinese things

How's your experience with ainol hero?

mine work perfectly . there was lot's of firmware related issue when i brought it . but after updating newer 3-4 released firmware all working good . u get some compatibility issue in google play store but u can change your buid.prop .

still there is some hardware related issue .like i can't user other headphone with my table as it has issue with 3.5mm jack . hdmi cable won't connect properly in tablet so i need to plug in very carefully . if i push hdmi cable all the way in, it wont give any out put .

WiFi reception is not good .

i m using Bluetooth headphone . tp-link range extender & take some care while plugin hdmi cable

build quality is flimsy apart from then this no issue to me . battery like is awesome . screen is not best but good .

overall product it okay . but if you plane to change tablet soon i will suggest you to not go with ainol / as u won't get any good resell value .

my suggestion is that wait and put some money on branded tablet or buy ainol

Agree with ankit360. Wifi strength is poor. Where my ipad shows 2 bars Ainol hero showed no wiFi network. Screen is poor when compared to ipad. I wud suggest extend ur budget and get a second hand ipad. Definitely better than Ainol for normal usage unless heavy gaming is required.

Ipad 3 has retina screen and ainol spark has retina screen

Now please dont compare hero

I am simply looking at a high resolution screen which is my first priority

buy from here
http://stores.ebay.in/Ainol-India

ainol is better then any other Chinese tab[DOUBLEPOST=1368521573][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ainolindia? You sure?
Last time i heard, Ainol does NOT have an official site/office in india! And that the official Ainol people say the indian store was a fake site.
there is some risk buying directly from them user ebay[DOUBLEPOST=1368521640][/DOUBLEPOST]u can buy this too

http://www.saholic.com/tablets/spice-stellar-pad-mi-1010-1005572

it's not retina display though

I bought a 10.1 tab from Arnold india thru ebay. The wifi was very weak and the screen doesn't even come close to the likes of ipad. So I returned it but oveR all Ainol india service and response was excellent.
I'd like to know more about this. Can you open up a new thread and write a detailed feedback?[DOUBLEPOST=1368525000][/DOUBLEPOST]I wouldn't suggest anyone to buy anything without reading the product reviews first. Chinese products are risky. Some have a ridiculously long life while others can fail in a matter of seconds.
Says so by the person who has used tons of chinese products. :p

I have used Ainol crystal and Ainol flame... The pros outweighed the cons, given the price and the quality, which was much better than most Chinese stuff.

Ipwnz thanks for the advices
But i have a tab2 and now specifically looking for a retina like resolution scree[DOUBLEPOST=1368526213][/DOUBLEPOST]How is Chuwi v99

Any users here

That is not the official Ainol India store, there is no such thing. The url belongs to a distributor (legit, it would seem) who has realised that it is highly profitable to usurp that specific domain name.

I have heard their service is good, but I do know that the company is not officially represented in India.And when I asked them very specifically about the newer tablet revs - while pointing out the issues with the current batch, all I heard was silence.

This seems like a regular IT distributor jack who's trying to make the most of ignorant consumers, and ignoring the smart ones or helping them out quickly to get them out of the way. OTOH, he could probably be just a very smart guy. Caveat Emptor.

Back