CPU/Mobo Please advise: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO (micro atx board) OR Biostar TA790GX A3+

pom99

Disciple
1.Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

2 MSI 785gt-e65

3. Biostar TA790GX A3

Which would be better from the above ?

my processor is AMD X4 620 and GPU is: Palit/Powercolor 4850GT 1GB DDRIII

If you want a full ATX, CFX capable mobo, then Biostar is the way to go. Otherwise EVO model from Asus is good. There are some members using and satisfied with it. :)

And btw, you don't seem to have bought the graphic card yet. If it is so, rather than getting a 4850 1GB, get a 4870 512MB which costs almost the same. :)

Karthi007 said:
HD4850 1GB DDRIII costs ~7.5k. HD4870 512MB DDR5~8.6k. So there is 1k difference btw the two.

Ohh! Didn't know the price of 1GB has fallen that much. :ashamed: Still, for a 20/22" monitor, the extra 1k is worth every paisa unless you have restricted budget. :)

sabby said:
Ohh! Didn't know the price of 1GB has fallen that much. :ashamed: Still, for a 20/22" monitor, the extra 1k is worth every paisa unless you have restricted budget. :)

I agree too .

ATI 4870 - 8.6k

If I buy an Asus M4A785TD-V Evo motherboard and 1600MHz RAM, then will it run at 1600 or do I have to overclock something? And do I have to OC the CPU or the RAM? Both?

Mate
Don't know about the particular asus board but my biostar 790GX A3+ Allows me to oc my Transcend DDR 1333 to 1600 just in one setting with out ocing any other things.

dmudgal said:
even the onboard graphics r good on m4a785td -v evo

HD 3300 is anyday better than HD 4200, though the former is a DX 10 only GPU and latter is 10.1.

btw, i would have gone with the Biostar 790G3.

I see many drawbacks on the Asus 785 EVO. It has less number of temp sensors and 3 pin fan connectors on the mobo. Moreover i personally finds biostar mobos better overclockers.

tosh79 said:
Mate
Don't know about the particular asus board but my biostar 790GX A3+ Allows me to oc my Transcend DDR 1333 to 1600 just in one setting with out ocing any other things.
Alright. Thanks.
btw, i would have gone with the Biostar 790G3.

I see many drawbacks on the Asus 785 EVO. It has less number of temp sensors and 3 pin fan connectors on the mobo. Moreover i personally finds biostar mobos better overclockers.
What South Bridge does 790G3 have?

Does Biostar have any Mobo with SB710 or SB750 or SB850 in full ATX?
I want a mobo to unlock my Phenom II 55 5BE and wanted to go Biostar. But all I find are mini/micro ATX and I'm looking for a full ATX for a massive cooler and more expansion options.

ShahJahan said:
If I buy an Asus M4A785TD-V Evo motherboard and 1600MHz RAM, then will it run at 1600 or do I have to overclock something? And do I have to OC the CPU or the RAM? Both?
U just have to go to BIOS and select the 800MHZ(1600MHZ DDR) speed, nothing else, no OCIng of CPU required.

ALso, the MOBO is a FULL ATX and lemme tell u, if u r any bit pro-environment, u'd get this mobo. The bundled software is sleek, and just right for "bachao trees" ppl like me.:clap:

dOm1naTOr said:
HD 3300 is anyday better than HD 4200, though the former is a DX 10 only GPU and latter is 10.1.

Then how come, most of the review sites recommend 785G over 790gx when it comes to IGP performance?

dOm1naTOr said:

Also, see some of the reviews of A3+.

The TA790GX A3+ is a perfectly decent motherboard that will be fine for a basic home PC. However, its performance is sub par so we feel there are better alternatives.
Source:Trusted Reviews

Also, for this particular MB, oc is not that great as per other reviews. You can google it.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
I am wondering as to why no one here has mentioned the MSI G65. Its a better board than the other two, any day.

G65 version available in India looks to be the mATX form factor - 785GM-E65. This board is on par with the Asus, if not better. As per review available, the Asus board is slightly better at OC and supports DDR-1600 w/o any hiccups.

Back