Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the box.

Re: Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the bo

file a paypal dispute

Now both packages have same weight so its seems DTDC is the culprit or ICC

Re: Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the bo

kuduku said:
file a paypal dispute

Now both packages have same weight so its seems DTDC is the culprit or ICC

Just got off skype with UPS agent

she mentioned that the package was marked to be carrying documents and the sender did not provide any weight details. she asked me whether the ICC forwarding address was my home address or not, so i told that it was a forwarding address, upon that she told me to contact the carrier which shipped the phone from NY to India.

now what?

the seller is not fake. he has 100% rating, and secondly (crucially) he offered return policy - 100% refund. he had nothing to gain by faking it - ebay is skewed against sellers anyway.

i suspect someone in tamil nadu is enjoying the phone! of all the 3 parties icc, bdart and dtdc, dtdc last mile guys are most shady based on prior records. though here all 3 are equally susceptible.

the only remedy that 'might' be there is esn/imei tracking but no idea how its done. but i have a strong feeling IT CAN be done - and most probably, police FIR is first step. If everything fails, both of you just share the loss 50:50 and move ahead. :-(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Cops say lost mobile phones can be easily recovered if police complaint is filed - Times Of India

this article is illuminating.

filed a paypal dispute:

the package was opened by me today. the phone and backdoor missing, package wasn't damaged at all. more over i just had a chat with a UPS agent she mentioned that you had mentioned the package to be carrying documents rather than a mobile phone. And had not even mentioned the package weight.

please refund the amount of 370$ that i paid you.

Update: the package which was received is having dimensions as 25x23x15 cms. volumetric weight comes upto 1.4375kgs.

and ICC invoice mentions volumetric weight as 2203 gms i.e. 2.203kg.. might be someone has changed the box itself..

will let icc know about this for sure...

The seller just escalated the dispute to a claim..

@sasa, should i call the number you gave in the article

and say that it was lost by the courier side and its a imported one...

forget to mention, the box does not contain IMEI and it has MEID(DEC) and (HEX)...

is there anyway it can be tracked.

vriship said:
filed a paypal dispute:

the package was opened by me today. the phone and backdoor missing, package wasn't damaged at all. more over i just had a chat with a UPS agent she mentioned that you had mentioned the package to be carrying documents rather than a mobile phone. And had not even mentioned the package weight.

please refund the amount of 370$ that i paid you.

the seller gave refund option of 3 days and he had no incentive to scam.

vriship, you got into a loss over something, now you are trying to recover the loss at the expense of someone else (the seller)? you filed a dispute, but never mentioned forwarding agent - which basically means you are concealing important information to try and manipulate the ebay dispute case in your favour because you are aware that in such cases buyers go scot-free while sellers are always punished. the poor seller will have to bear the loss of money and credibility for none of his fault, it seems.

not right, mate. :no:

please get over it and share the loss with green and try to get after dtdc, icc, instead of taking this shortcut. call the chennai suburban police (as per the TOI article) and file a complaint against dtdc and icc. icc's box must have been inspected by customs at the port of entry - let them prove that the phone wasn't there!

http://www.tnpolice.gov.in/chennaisuburbanpolice/index1.html

green, the seller can give info on the IMEI since he said he has the papers. or at any rate, he can call sprint and get the IMEI number.

sasa110 said:

vriship, you got into a loss over something, now you are trying to recover the loss at the expense of someone else (the seller)? you filed a dispute, but never mentioned forwarding agent - which basically means you are concealing important information to try and manipulate the ebay dispute case in your favour because you are aware that in such cases buyers go scot-free while sellers are always punished. the poor seller will have to bear the loss of money and credibility for none of his fault, it seems.

please get over it and share the loss with green and try to get after dtdc, icc, instead of taking this shortcut. call the chennai suburban police (as per the TOI article) and file a complaint against dtdc and icc. icc's box must have been inspected by customs at the port of entry - let them prove that the phone was there!

Chennai Suburban Police

okay, is it possible to track by MEID(DEC) and (HEX)

and if i case a file., should i tell the whole story to police

and

the box does not contain IMEI and it has MEID(DEC) and (HEX)...

can it tracked by anymeans....

or

is it possible to get any solution by contacting sprint...

sorry for any silly questions, cant even sleep with this damn problem...

green, the seller can give info on the IMEI since he said he has the papers. or at any rate, he can call sprint and get the IMEI number.

i'll ask virship about to contact the seller/

im sorry green, this must be nightmare for you! I empathise.

you MUST get the IMEI number when you complain to the police. the ESN/MEID is equivalent of IMEI for cdma (and registered with sprint) and while you must give this number to the police too, the gsm (IMEI) has the greater chance of being used, and hence being traced by the police.

and you must not leave ICC off easily. its ridiculous that they are trying to get away by saying that the seller is a fraud. they received the item, passed it through customs etc. with no responsibility or knowledge of what was (or what was not) inside it the whole time?

they bought the item and used shady 3rd parties like dtdc to ship to you - they must be held answerable. tell them to refund the money. tell them to come to this forum and explain their bit.

All the best!

^^sasa, while icc passing thru customs and something., did they really open and see whats inside of the package to determine the duty fees..

Oh yes it has passed customs , I totally forgot

Courier company is at fault , file a complaint that is the only option left

kuduku said:
Oh yes it has passed customs , I totally forgot

Courier company is at fault , file a complaint that is the only option left

it should be

ICC or BLUEDART or DTDC....

if they made customs by verifing that the package contains the mobile., so will they find or refund the money

how to file.., maybe virship takes care of it.

and virship said theres difference in volumetric size... any help

yes indeed. press ICC to give you the customs report (this is why i prefer aramex - they give you the customs papers right in your hand!)

if the customs report says inspected and Rs X customs taken, that is official proof for even indian courts that the phone was there! the police will accept it. only problem is customs inspect random items (they check only expensive items) at the point of entry, so ask ICC if your shipment was inspected and ask them for customs receipt. I can tell you that the first thing ICC will say is that this package wasn't inspected by customs, and if you talk tough, they'll claim the customs papers are their personal property and shall not share them with customers!

this is ICC's fault, period. bluedart, dtdc etc. are THEIR agents, and ICC is liable for their agents actions.

glad that kuduku's too on the same wavelength - he's quite knowledgable about these things.

Okay my experience

I have never personally used ICC PPO service as I have no faith in their duty paid thing as sasa11 just said

If they dont give receipt then they are making it up and making profit

I have always used there duty free option as not my headache then

they buy it and deliver it

SNS always give a duty receipt if charged and Karan and Anuradha have been kind enough to get 80% of my items duty free

They have a good setting in Mumbai thats why everything goes to Mumbai

There Delhi team is coming up so guys must be seeing shipment going to Delhi

Lack of my faith in ICC ensured that I bought my laptop through ebay India

they bought and listed on ebay India

In the discussion i totally missed it that customs had been charged

it would had got charged due to the weight and packing

The screenshot uploaded here shows cost as $200 dollars

OP who did that you or ICC

If ICC did it then no duty receipt but some entry log of duty free gift would be there

SNS packages are always opened and sealed again with their tape

but ICC packages came retailer sealed so it confuses everything again

Any one who has been ICC PPO service can clarify whether there packages came retailer sealed or ICC sealed

^Even with SnS i dont think customs will see what is inside, since most of the packages which i bought has the sealed boxes when i received. So i assume duty is charged based on what the invoice shows or the approximate value.

Sorry to hear about this but I don't think the seller is fake, else he would not have offered a refund option or risked his reputation over one phone. Vriship, It is also not right that you have not mentioned the forwarding agent in your paypal dispute, you are clearly manipulating the case to your advantage as sasa110 mentioned.

vriship said:
Update: the package which was received is having dimensions as 25x23x15 cms. volumetric weight comes upto 1.4375kgs.

and ICC invoice mentions volumetric weight as 2203 gms i.e. 2.203kg.. might be someone has changed the box itself..

will let icc know about this for sure...

The seller just escalated the dispute to a claim..

This means that the original shipment received by ICC was weighing more than what you received, so chances of the seller trying to scam you are very slim. Also I dont think ICC opens the boxes and checks if the fone is inside the box or not, DTDC might be the culprit here. Settle things with the seller, get the imei from him and lodge a police complaint.

If the fone is not recovered then just bare the loss 50:50 with green and move on.

sasa110 said:

please get over it and share the loss with green and try to get after dtdc, icc, instead of taking this shortcut. call the chennai suburban police (as per the TOI article) and file a complaint against dtdc and icc. icc's box must have been inspected by customs at the port of entry - let them prove that the phone wasn't there!

Chennai Suburban Police

sorry bro, i won't agree with you. i gave all the details to the UPS agent. and have even mentioned that it was forwarded to india. at first as this was the first time something like this happened and i had to file a paypal dispute. be rest asured that i am going to give all details to paypal. moreover, i was going to wait for ICC's response on the same, but the time i found out that the seller had mentioned the package to be carrying documents and did not even mention its weight, made me file the dispute immediately.

i am not accusing the seller directly, but can't take any risk on this.

kuduku said:
Okay my experience

I have never personally used ICC PPO service as I have no faith in their duty paid thing as sasa11 just said

If they dont give receipt then they are making it up and making profit

I have always used there duty free option as not my headache then

they buy it and deliver it

SNS always give a duty receipt if charged and Karan and Anuradha have been kind enough to get 80% of my items duty free

They have a good setting in Mumbai thats why everything goes to Mumbai

There Delhi team is coming up so guys must be seeing shipment going to Delhi

Lack of my faith in ICC ensured that I bought my laptop through ebay India

they bought and listed on ebay India

In the discussion i totally missed it that customs had been charged

it would had got charged due to the weight and packing

The screenshot uploaded here shows cost as $200 dollars

OP who did that you or ICC

If ICC did it then no duty receipt but some entry log of duty free gift would be there

SNS packages are always opened and sealed again with their tape

but ICC packages came retailer sealed so it confuses everything again

Any one who has been ICC PPO service can clarify whether there packages came retailer sealed or ICC sealed

ICC has themselves put 200$ . maybe they did that to get it out duty free.

the ICC packages which i have received till date were retailer packed and not ICC packed. ICC just used to stick an invoice on top of the package..

gREen said:
it should be

ICC or BLUEDART or DTDC....

if they made customs by verifing that the package contains the mobile., so will they find or refund the money

how to file.., maybe virship takes care of it.

and virship said theres difference in volumetric size... any help

i can file a complain if needed, but since you have received the product and have the box, mentioning meid hex , etc of the phone, it would be better if you would file it IMO, as i dont have any evidence to show to the authorities and i am not even the actual receiver/sender.

Edit: first post updated...

had a talk with the bluedart guy and she says that the weight is 1.5kgs...

and she sent someone, who is the agent transported to my hometown, i called him and he will reach in the evening...

and

the most important thing is i doubt that the ICC is the main culprit...

if they are not then the courier service...

i suspected the package once again and found out(or i think) that the package is opened by ICC, and they took off... because the inovice is cello-taped by the icc with the package, so ofcouse they open'd it

and for vriship, please talk or threaten the ICC by telling him that you make a fir or whatever...

/the most important thing is i doubt that the ICC is the main culprit...

if they are not then the courier service.../

courier service was not selected by you, they are ICCs agents - your contract was with ICC. if dtdc/bluedart/whoever stole it, ICC should be held responsible, since dtdc is their agent, not yours. this is as far my legal understanding goes. and secondly, the edit on the first post (VPs unethical advice to vriship) is a shocker! surely ICC needs to be FIR-ed etc.

contact details of ICC owner BBB: Reliability Report: Print

if we find this everything is alright...

the various possibilities are,

1.if the seller knows that the shipping address is (PPO)india by any means or checking the vriship profile or whatever...

2.the ICC should do this by repacking it..

3.the bluedart or DTDC guy...

and icc said that they dont give insurance or whatever,,

should we file a dispute on icc.

and for @sasa, why not the seller should play if my point one is correct

and guys someone give some help...

since you bought a CDMA phone ,finding it should not be difficult if he is using the phone with the original MEID as there are only 2-3 operators of CDMA. file a complaint with the MEID no and tell them its a CDMA phone. i feel you should be able to recover it if anybody is using it.

Back