Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the box.

Re: Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the bo

sumatrix said:
since you bought a CDMA phone ,finding it should not be difficult if he is using the phone with the original MEID as there are only 2-3 operators of CDMA. file a complaint with the MEID no and tell them its a CDMA phone. i feel you should be able to recover it if anybody is using it.

CDMA activation takes sometime. its a CDMA/GSM world phone. GSM works out of the box. I even told green to file a complaint, but he doesn't want to go for FIR n all.

Just came back from ICC andheri sakinaka office. Spoke to Mr. Sanjay Ghoshal regarding this. He asked me to wait for some days as they have already raised a complaint with Bluedart regarding this and i have also mailed ICC owner in US.

Green feels that ICC has repacked the item and something has gone wrong there, if that is the case, whom should i go and complain now? i have even asked the seller for the phone IMEI but he hasn't responded yet.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sasa110 said:
[/COLOR]contact details of ICC owner BBB: Reliability Report: Print

have already emailed this person regarding this and also mentioned about the VP's response.

Re: Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the bo

^^ please ask the seller about the IMEI and the way he packed it(packed just only the retail sprint package or with the brown box, a picture is need if)...

i just have a long conversion with bluedart officer in the DTDC place...

and what we found is, the cello-tape on the opening is already opened and another cello-tape pasted horizontally on the top of vertical cello-tape... which is the same material use for packing...

he too said that icc should be it...

Pic

and bluedart officer said that ,

the volumetric is calculated by the volume of the box and its 1.5kg

whereas the ups mentioned is as 2.5kg is actual weight and what about volumetric(it should be greater)

so by asking the seller how the way and material he used for packing..

gREen said:
^^ please ask the seller about the IMEI and the way he packed it(packed just only the retail sprint package or with the brown box, a picture is need if)...

i just have a long conversion with bluedart officer in the DTDC place...

and what we found is, the cello-tape on the opening is already opened and another cello-tape pasted horizontally on the top of vertical cello-tape... which is the same material use for packing...

he too said that icc should be it...

Pic

and bluedart officer said that ,

so by asking the seller how the way and material he used for packing..

Every person involved is playing blame game right now. that cellotape pasted horizontally can also be done by anyone else. ICC calculates volumetric weight as len x br x ht / 5000 instead of dividing by 6000. still there is wt difference.

have already asked the seller what type of packing had he done with the sprint box or whether he had just put it in the brown box and also asked him for the IMEI. He hasn't responded yet..

^^ the bluedart guy is willing to help by giving the papers..

and he said that cellotape is the same material used for packing(thickness and breath)...

once you get the reply from seller, we'll find it..

gREen said:
^^ the bluedart guy is willing to help by giving the papers..

and he said that cellotape is the same material used for packing(thickness and breath)...

once you get the reply from seller, we'll find it..

lets wait for two days for any news from ICC and paypal, i will keep you updated.

Just spoke to paypal customer care and asked about the status and Estimated time for paypal's decision. she told that it might take around 72 hours.

now its icc,,,

one of my family member after knowning this, asked to make a petition on the icc and an fir... and dont want to do these crap court things..

sasa110 said:
the only remedy that 'might' be there is esn/imei tracking but no idea how its done. but i have a strong feeling IT CAN be done - and most probably, police FIR is first step. If everything fails, both of you just share the loss 50:50 and move ahead. :-(

Cops say lost mobile phones can be easily recovered if police complaint is filed - Times Of India

this article is illuminating.

If only they are willing to track it. I lost mine, gave an official FIR, the content of FIR was "we tried but could not find it", :p

gREen said:
now its icc,,,

one of my family member after knowning this, asked to make a petition on the icc and an fir... and dont want to do these crap court things..

i would suggest you go ahead with these things as they might help in getting facts/results out faster..

main post updated...

paypal needs a police complaint F.I.R to be filed and faxed to them. details updated in main post..

now i guess Green you will have to file an FIR..

just talked with my family lawyer before giving FIR for any detail or precaution,
i said everything and what he said is,
officially vriship won the auction, payed with his CC to paypal,
and for ICC too. you don't have any link(officially) to these clients.
you are just a consignee(receiver) forward by vriship.
so if you case an FIR, you can give on DTDC but you dont have a strong point cause ICC made the transfer by Bluedart.
and even if you case an FIR, the police get money from you and the courier department. so its again lose for you else only you have move by politically.
i dont know what to do, better you case a FIR... cause you have the details...

Ask ICC people to provide the customs duty assessment sheet. If Customs assessed the package then you can be sure that the ebay seller shipped the phone. I find Aramex SnS to be very fair in this matter. Once I bought a phone and the package contained only the phone. They emailed me regarding this that the package contains only a phone and nothing else. When I told them that it is OK then only they got it cleared from Customs.

vriship, since you had a detailed chat with ICC, can you please share with us what options they give for insured delivery. i mean, options where they themselves take responsibility for any mess.

sasa110 said:
vriship, since you had a detailed chat with ICC, can you please share with us what options they give for insured delivery. I mean, options where they themselves take responsibility for any mess.

They won't take responsibility of any mess. They will charge us 3% of the amount declared for the package and if anything goes wrong, the declared amount will be covered by insurance and not their shipping/handling/customs charges.. Shockingly they implemented this immediately after i had mailed big wigs of ICC... :mad: if they would have done that, this wouldn't have been happening right now..

Update: (20/9/11) Just faxed a written complaint ICICI bank regarding the transaction..

Had been to my city's local police station, but they didn't register an FIR. They told me since the packaged was shipped and opened in TN, where you found that the mobile phone was missing, FIR needs to be filed in TN.

Also, FIR is to be filed against someone right? so who should be blamed for this fiasco??? if ICC and Bluedart are to be blamed, then PayPal won't be processing the refund mostly, since they might be expecting an FIR against the seller mostly. what to do???? had called up ICC Mr.Sanjay will arrive in office after 2.30 so will speak to him regarding this.

spoke to green about this. Even he is not able to file an FIR and paypal has given me time until 22nd sep i.e. tomm to send them the FIR, which wont be possible. Now i am mailing paypal and saying that police not ready to file complaint without IMEI no. which is no where mentioned on the box. lets see if that buys us some time and if we get the IMEI no. form it, it would be great in tracing the phone if it was stolen in india.

ICC person Mr. Sanjay had informed me once that he will try and get me a reimbursement for the loss, but ICC doensn't give money, they will be adjusting that amount in the form of credit for my further shipments arriving in india. will pressurize ICC now, and i don't see any hope for the money coming back the PayPal way.... :(

True. The receiver is the person who have been duped.

An FIR can be filed by him only. You, ICC, Paypal, DTDC, BLuedart all are intermediate parties. And I assume you plan to file aganst the courier companies r8?. You can use the tracking sheet, volumetric details, recepit etc to do this. You can tell the police that this FIR is just for online verification that a crime was commited. I guess 200~300Rs there to a HC will get the job done.

But still, even when filing FIR the police might ask what about the seller.

m-jeri said:
True. The receiver is the person who have been duped.

An FIR can be filed by him only. You, ICC, Paypal, DTDC, BLuedart all are intermediate parties. And I assume you plan to file aganst the courier companies r8?. You can use the tracking sheet, volumetric details, recepit etc to do this. You can tell the police that this FIR is just for online verification that a crime was commited. I guess 200~300Rs there to a HC will get the job done.

But still, even when filing FIR the police might ask what about the seller.
That's what... FIR, if its not against the seller, PayPal wont address it and dispute resolution will go in favour of the seller. Filing an FIR was only as proof to submit to PayPal. I spoke to Mr. Sanjay a few minutes back, he told, it takes time for a solution for these things and assured that he will surely get something done. He asked me to wait for some 14-15 days till they get a solution from Bluedart... Maybe then if they don't give a reimbursement, we can have a case against them. I too have loads of work pending, as I am relocating to Bangalore for my job with accenture on 3rd or 4th october. So I might not be able to post every little detail here. But will keep this thread periodically updated..

@m-jeri, no i cant, cause i dont have any proof except this package and this thread( and transaction of money to vriship)... no way i cant file an fir, if so whom to be filed.. if you any idea, tell me i try to do it.

and FYI, i talked with the bluedart officer two days back, he said that the case was closed mentioning

no problem or tear on the package. so, no problem on the courier side.

the box is perfect. and couriered safely.

for weight, they use volumetric not actual, which is 1.5kgs(here's the problem)

so the case is closed.

and i asked about solution, he said

you have not couriered the package, so noway you can raise it,

if you want raise a complaint in ICC,

@vriship, i think Sanjay is tricking cause the bluedart said that the case is closed..,

File the FIR against ICC on the basis of non receipt of the item but after clearance from paypal. Let them do the follow-ups.

Back