Graphic Cards Please Help me Choose..

karthik1984

Disciple
Hello gamers,,
help me choose a nice graphics card for great gaming,my budget is around R.10,000/-,,i thought of Palit HD 4850 special sonic and Zotac 9800GTX+,which do u think is the best among these.. Are there any better choices apart from these in my price band..thank u all in advance.pleasee help me..

get zotac GTS 250 512mb for 9k or GTS 250 1gb AMP edition for ~ 10k . u can also get palit 4850 sonic GDDR5 version for ~11k which performs as good as 4870 .

karthik1984 said:
Hello gamers,,
help me choose a nice graphics card for great gaming,my budget is around R.10,000/-,,i thought of Palit HD 4850 special sonic and Zotac 9800GTX+,which do u think is the best among these.. Are there any better choices apart from these in my price band..thank u all in advance.pleasee help me..

Mentioning graphics card options without knowing the rest of the config could be a blunder guys...:bleh:

A 4870 with a meagre system would be of no use since the card would be bottlenecked...
It needs a good PSU to be stable enuf, a good processor to get the juice and enuf RAM to play through...

Above all, it needs a good display to watch the effects brought out by ur card...Like a 17" does not need a 4870...Its a overkill...:bleh:

The 10K budget is fine but unless u know what ur requirements are and unless u tell us what system u would be using it on, it's no use mentioning - go for this or go for that...:no:

So, update ur system specs in ur signature or tell us here, so that we can go ahead with suggestions...

@karthik , lets say u have a good enough system (c2d Oc'd to atleast 3ghz or more, and atleast 2GB 800mhz ram and a 80%eff 450/500Watt PSU)

the best option for u would be 4850 DDR5 and it is marginally close to 4870. But that would mean u shelling out an another 1.5k. if thats gonna be a hard case then settle down with a Palit Sonic 4850 DDR3 u wont regret it.

Thanks for the reply friends..actually iam planning to upgrade my very old pc,,iam going in for a complete upgrade,"A Gaming PC",u people have been so good,Please suggest a gaming motherboard with firewire;good gaming processor which is future proof;Good SMPS;Great 22" gaming monitor..I will go with 4gigs of ram;Cabby-CM690;Make a complete config for great gaming..My budget is around Rs.50,000

Why would you want firewire, do you have any old devices which dont support USB protocol? Firewire was one of apple tactics to counter USB, but what they forgot there was a very small market for their overpriced rigs...

Well, then for a budget of 50k, even a 4870 would come but i would rather advise u to wait for ATI RV7xx series...They will beat every other card in this budget...:eek:hyeah:

Why dont you wait for the price cuts for the 4870 reflect in india.... it will make it amazin VFM. we may get it around 9k..
if he is going for an entirely new rig. then he will have a 22' monitor too ready..
4870 will be worth it...
IMHO rv 790 will be much higher priced than this and the new rv740 wont have enough juice either...
so getting a 4870 form Katmandude for 9.5k..(price drop already on newegg for a few models) will serve him good..
if u wanna wait then u can wait till eternity.. coz once the rv790 releases the 40nm high end Ati will release. u definitely would like to go for that..
Anywayz i will suggest Amd Phenom II x3 as the best..
Newegg.com - March AMDness - Save up to $80 with AMD Phenomâ„¢ II Bundles
Check out these combos. if the guy is ok with gettin stuff from us via KMD.
Get a good psu man coz i have fried a good build coz i overlooked the psu..:mad:
That was the time when i was an ultra noob!!!
Now maybe slightly better..

Back