Budget 21-30k Please help me upgrade

lokeshv

Disciple
HI finally after 5yrs looking to upgrade my machine.i am just looking for CPU,MB and RAM.please help me to decide, currently i am not sure should go for AMD or Intel based configuration.

What is your budget?

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

-CPU - AMD athlon 64 X2 5600+
-Motherboard - AsUS M2A-VM
- GPU - AsUS GT630
- PSU - Corsair G500
- Monitor - Dell 2412M
- RAM - 4GB Kinston DDR2
- HDD - WD 1TB Black
- HDD - Seagate 320GB
- Mouse - Logitech Performence Mouse
- KB - Logitech K350

Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
- GPU - AsUS GT630
- PSU - Corsair G500
- Monitor - Dell 2412M
- HDD - WD 1TB Black
- HDD - Seagate 320GB
- Mouse - Logitech Performence Mouse
- KB - Logitech K350

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

- not sure currently

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
no upgrade, i may add additional RAM later as read RAM prices are high currently.

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
- jaipur local if price diff is much.

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
- no

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
- web dev.
- Movies

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
- need a reliable machine , no overclocking, should have good after sales support, wont mind paying extra for reliability

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
- 1980x1200
- have second monitor with res. 1680x1050

Are you looking to overclock?
-No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
- Ubuntu 12.04
- WIN 7/8

IMO you will not need budget of 25k for a good machine which will be used for web development and movies.

However if you are looking to use the machine for long term like 4 years I would suggest following

Intel i5-4440 ~11000
Corsair Value Select 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz ~2700

For mother board you can choose any B85 chipset mobo from Asus/Gigabyte depending upon service quality in your city, both costs near 6000.

i generally keep config for long and dont upgrade unless its absolutely needed.

can i go for intel MB ? in case i go for above configuration
and why intel config why not AMD based ? something like AMD FX 8350 with ASUS M5A97 R2.0
a ATX MB will be useful with extra slots.

your configuration AMD FX 8350 with ASUS M5A97 R2.0 is good but i wonder whether you going to need it. You can use AMD FX 6300 also with almost half cost. Just upgrade ram to 6 or 8GB you will get good performance

Back