Please suggest a config for 27K

anilthomas26

Disciple
Please suggest a good configuration .
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Dont have an existing PC

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Dont have an existing PC

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Inter Core i3

Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

Hard Disk - 1 TB

Also need a All In One Printer.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes this will be the final configuration

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Cochin

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

MS Office, creating documents

Watching HD movies

Browsing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Not interested in gaming

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

I need a 21 or 22 inch LED monitor.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

This config is for my cousin. He will be using the PC mostly for MS Office related works, watching HD movies and browsing.

Please suggest a good config, including the price details of PSU,cabinet kyb/mouse,RAM,UPS etc.I want all these within 27 K.

Core i3 2100 ~ 5500/-

MSI H67MA-E35 ~ 4700/-

Corsair ValueRAM 1333 MHz 4GBx 1 ~ 1900/-

Cooler Master eLite 310 (without PSU) ~ 1500/- + 2 x Cooler Master R4 120mm fans ~ 700/-

FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1900/- OR Gigabyte Superb 460W ~ 1900/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB HDD ~ 2700/-

Dell ST2220L ~ 8500/- (22" monitor with HDMI interface)

Microsoft Wired Keyboard + Mouse combo ~ 700/-

Creative SBS 35 2.0 speakers ~ 450/-

If you cannot get this equipment near you get it imported from Madras@ IT Depot -- Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store.

I am not aware of a good MFD (all in one printer), please wait for other esteemed members to comment.

Onboard GPU on the Intel Core i3 will run all HD content seamlessly, the LGA 1155 package is future proof with the next generation Ivy-Bridge chips due sometime ~ 2011 Q4. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

But I need a UPS and an All In One printer also. And I don't want speakers; already have one.

Among the LED monitors, is dell the best ? Howz Samsung and LG led monitors compared to dell ?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor Intel Core i3 2100 5500
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3 3500
RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1900
HDD Seagate 1TB 7200.12 2750
GPU Intel HD2000 -
Monitor Dell ST2220M 8100
Cabinet CM Elite 310 1500
PSU FSP SAGAII 350w 1500
Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650
Mouse NA -
ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950
UPS Numeric 600VA 1500
Total 27850

A basic 3 in 1 from Canon or HP costs ~3k i guess. So you need to increase your budget.
Else you can cut costs on the RAM and go for a 2GB for ~1k and a 20" LED like the Dell IN2020M ~ 6.4k.

Thanks for the suggestions . I will check with my local dealer on the availability on the hardware.

Will I be able to play full HD movies with the above configuration (without a graphics card)?

Among LED monitors which is the best for watching HD movies ? Samsung,LG or dell ?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

i would suggest Gigabyte H61M-USB3-B3 ~4500 as it has USB 3.0 and rest of the config same above.

you'll be definitely able to play hd movies without a hitch.

U can choose between dell and LG.

^^ H-61 is in my views crippled for multi-HDD RIGs. No RAID, so if you add another disk prepare to be bogged down with inanely slow speeds.

The only limitation of h61 is no RAID support.secondly OP don't need any RAID setup for basic use of MS Office, creating documents, Watching HD movies, Browsing etc.

Back