PC Peripherals Please suggest a good TV tuner card

PaulBarber

Disciple
Hey guys,

Please suggest a good internal TV tuner card. Main idea is to use it with Vista Media Center (or maybe later with MythTV/Knoppmyth or some other media center distro).
I'm getting a Pinnacle Remote Kit for Vista from amazon.com to go with the card.
Link for the kit is pasted below.
Amazon.com: Pinnacle Remote Kit for Windows Media Center On Vista: Electronics
Main requirements for the TV tuner card are

1) Should work with Vista Media Center (this is the main requirement). It should work with the media center remote also
2) Should give good quality picture and sound.

Please suggest a good tuner card. Budget is within Rs 2500 (preferably).

greenhorn said:
given that budget
Pinnacle Systems - Product summary - PCTV PCI

is the cheapest pinnacle card. t is supported by XP MCE no idea about Vista support(think there is , check with support) .

on the other hand , for 4k, you can get a Pinnacle card with its own remote and media center app.

then there are some happuage stuff available :)

PS: nice name :bleh:

Budget is not really a constraint. I can spend more if it is worth. I'll check about the pinnacle card here. I already ordered a remote kit so no point going for pinnacle card + remote.

Any suggestions on which are the good happuage cards?

About the name :D I was wondering if people would understand!!
Good to see like minded people around :)

Yeah...name is inspired from...you know where :D

"Oho...appo neeyanalle Paul Barber...ninte achanada Paul Barber" :D

My apologies to non-mallu folks :)

I think it should be available in most shops. I'd check the usual places- logtech (nandavanam) coax ( vazhuthacaud), indicom (general hospital) ... these are the places i usually look at. coax should have it /get it for you on request.

@ dialog: :rofl:

If you are going for the Pinnacle card, be sure you get the 110i or better version. The markets abound in the older 50i.

The 110i I suppose also has hardware MPEG4 encoding.

Hauppauge cards are the safest bet if you want to run a MythTV/KnoppMyth box as drivers are available out of the box in MythTV.

Go for AVERMEDIA Super Tv 007 supports media center on Vista and has good picture quality and as well as audio. moreover picture quality depends on cable signal.
I have TATA Sky at home. picture quality on my Avermedia is just exemplary.

@paulbarber: hope u have got ur answer and sorry for hijacking ur thread..

I am also looking out for a internal PCI TV tuner card.Can spend upto 5k.
Would require a MCE certified card + remote..
require best quality on my 19" widescreen LCD.
Have heard of brands like Hauppage,Compro and avermedia.. they have so many models, that i am really confused.
Guys plz help me out with this.

isnt the hauppage pvr 150 a very old card.. Are there no better cards in market?
how about the leadtek WinFast PVR2100 or leadtek WinFast PVR3000 Deluxe
or pinnacle PCTV pro pci cards?

gangulysaptak said:
isnt the hauppage pvr 150 a very old card.. Are there no better cards in market?
how about the leadtek WinFast PVR2100 or leadtek WinFast PVR3000 Deluxe
or pinnacle PCTV pro pci cards?

Despite the fact that its old, the quality it offers is almost unmatched till date :) You'll not regret buying it even now. Why do think there was a mad rush for it earlier this year when a Bangalore guy had a GO ? :p

can anybody tell me how to get a WinTV-PVR-150 Media Center upgrade kit with MCE remote control in india..
even better if u guys can tell me whr to get it in hyderabad

Its a great Tv/Tuner i must say however i dont know whether it supports TATA SKY TV etc. Check that before buying.

gangulysaptak said:
can anybody tell me how to get a WinTV-PVR-150 Media Center upgrade kit with MCE remote control in india..

even better if u guys can tell me whr to get it in hyderabad

Back