PC Peripherals Please suggest a good TV tuner card

thnx guys!! I think i will go with the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE upgrade kit with MCE remote control

But plz tell me about its availability... whr can i get it from and cost ??

even i need a tv tuner card to watch local cable tv on my viewsonic 19" lcd ,,
i m new and dont know much,,

this points should be must -- 1) should be able to watch tv on my lcd without starting pc, i mean, i wanna use lcd like a tv,,

2) should have remote control (i have win xp sp3)
3) i got budget for below 4k , can increase to 5k , but only if, its future proof,i mean if i can use it with dth or other type of connections..
4) warranty support :D ,,,,

gangulysaptak said:
@paulbarber: hope u have got ur answer and sorry for hijacking ur thread..

No probs buddy...I was away for a few days and couldn't follow up on this. I have my eyes set on the Pinnalce PCTV PCI card. Thanks greenhorn and freeradical :)

BTW one more question guys...Is there any kind of external tuner box using which I can

1) Watch TV on my monitor (without switching on the PC at all)
and
2) Record TV programs on my PC from this box (through USB maybe)

Basically I want to watch TV without switching on my PC, and when required I should be able to record on my PC (after switching it on of course :) )

Any ideas ??

I have searched for shopping sites from UK having this product.. and found the price starts from 58 pounds onward + shipping.. which would turn out to be a little above 5k with shipping..
if i go through kmd.. it might turn out to be same as the quote i received from this dealer.

gangulysaptak said:
I have searched for shopping sites from UK having this product.. and found the price starts from 58 pounds onward + shipping.. which would turn out to be a little above 5k with shipping..

if i go through kmd.. it might turn out to be same as the quote i received from this dealer.

There were a lot of members here from Bangalore who managed to get the same card for about 1.5k if im not mistaken.

try and get a quote from someone in bangalore

Back