snehashish

Disciple
Budget: 18-20k INR
I'll be buying within the next 30 days.

I require:

- a great camera^
- a vivid 16M color display.
- android.
- hardware (processor, ROM etc) that would easily handle the next 18 months of software advancement.
- good music capabilities.
- full capacitative touch.
- some gaming capability*.
^I don't have a seperate camera, so the device should be able to double up as a good camera. Flash would be required, somewhere close to or above 5 mpx resolution.

*I play normal games like FIFA, Need For Speed and some shooters on my Apple Ipod Touch. So it'll be great if I can bring those games in my device. So the device should be able to handle these and some other games, nothing for hardcore gaming like a 2 core processor or anything like that. That's not my budget.
Any help will be appreciated

Nexus S - 19K. Great SuperCLearLCD display. Great 5MP camera with flash. Decent video recording (800x480). Android King. Best single core SOC so far. Hardly 12 months of software advancements (not sure abt that, may be 6 months, may be more than 12 months). The best in class music (Wolfson DAC). Obviously full capacitive touch. Superb gaming compatibility. Most of the famous ios games are being ported to android. Many will come in future :)

^ yeah it will. But still since you want a more photography focused phone, nexus S is better. Plus the Led can be used as torch light. ;). Also the fact that nexus s looks so much sexier then stock sgs (although I suspect normal people might not be able to tell them apart..
One more thing, if you can wait, sony neo is supposed to come to market for around 21 k.

@snehashish - no way. You'd be more than satisfied with the display in nexus s(if it's super-clear).
But if you see anyone holding a superamoled display nearby, you'll be jealous. Your display will seem to be inferior (due to the untouchable contrast ratio that the super-amoled offers (DEEPEST blacks and over saturated colors especially)).

So better buy Nexus S and if anyone with super amoled comes near by you, run! :)

BTW, Galaxy SL is A WORST choice! I dunno what's in comp@ddicts mind. As SGS can be bought @21.6K and SL has a very inferior graphics (PowerVR SGX530), which wouldn't allow you to play games fluidly when compared to that of SGX540 in Nexus S.

If you want all of Nexus S(LED Flash, Gyro sensor(must for gaming), OS Updates) AND Galaxy S(720p recording, superamoled dispaly, Gorilla Glass) and much more,
Get the Samsung Galaxy S II @ 30K :)
After 1 month, the price MAY come down by 1K. Also, if you buy by EMI, it wouldn't cost you too much of interest, i guess. But in the end, you'll get the BEST that money can buy

aka911 said:
^ yeah it will. But still since you want a more photography focused phone, nexus S is better. Plus the Led can be used as torch light. ;). Also the fact that nexus s looks so much sexier then stock sgs (although I suspect normal people might not be able to tell them apart..

One more thing, if you can wait, sony neo is supposed to come to market for around 21 k.

I've been reading about SE Neo. When is it expected to hit 21k?

emmarbee said:
@snehashish - no way. You'd be more than satisfied with the display in nexus s(if it's super-clear).

But if you see anyone holding a superamoled display nearby, you'll be jealous. Your display will seem to be inferior (due to the untouchable contrast ratio that the super-amoled offers (DEEPEST blacks and over saturated colors especially)).

So better buy Nexus S and if anyone with super amoled comes near by you, run! :)

BTW, Galaxy SL is A WORST choice! I dunno what's in comp@ddicts mind. As SGS can be bought @21.6K and SL has a very inferior graphics (PowerVR SGX530), which wouldn't allow you to play games fluidly when compared to that of SGX540 in Nexus S.

If you want all of Nexus S(LED Flash, Gyro sensor(must for gaming), OS Updates) AND Galaxy S(720p recording, superamoled dispaly, Gorilla Glass) and much more,

Get the Samsung Galaxy S II @ 30K :)

After 1 month, the price MAY come down by 1K. Also, if you buy by EMI, it wouldn't cost you too much of interest, i guess. But in the end, you'll get the BEST that money can buy
Anything beyond 22k is way beyond my budget. aka911 suggest SE Neo at around 21k in the coming future. What is your opinion regarding that?

Well the neo has been available online in some stores, but I think offline ie real stores will get the phone by first week of July. And since the phone has been delayed almost by two months, people are saying it should be priced around 21k.

@snehashish - for SE Neo
a great camera^ - yeah slightly better one than the nexus s. better details and color reporduction. but has more noise, but that's a sacrifice that we have to do to get detailing in phone cams)
a vivid 16M color display - not sure abt this. check super-clear lcd vs led backlit lcd (or simple nexus s/SL vs neo/arc in google, or i ll do it and tell later)
android - nexus s.
hardware (processor, ROM etc) that would easily handle the next 18 months of software advancement -(both are somewhat similar, though the samsung SOC has an upperhand but not that it could make a significant difference in terms of future-proof
good music capabilities - as i told you before, WM8994 nexus s
full capacitative touch - both might be the same
some gaming capability* - nexus s's gpu powerVR sgx 540 is a bit better than adreno 205, but 99%, in fact 100% android game developers will make their games compatible with qualcomm chipset. in fact, there might be a scenario where the game would play well on adreno chipset rather than the powerful powervr sgx540

personal opinion - neo is yuck! and for that price NO NO. ugly design with 3 hardware buttons except for that lovely metallic back plate. will prefer nexus s / galaxy s over NEO anyday. and probably price won't come down as SE x10 had recently touched the 22K mark which is a double sh***y phone when compared to that of 15K spice mi-410. And that's how SE rolls :)

Actually I'm waiting for my funds to increase :) but I'm also a bit confused now between SE Neo and Nexus. I've used Xperia X10 Mini, Nokia N95, N85, 5800 and a few Samsung phones (mostly CDMA or around the 5k budget) and have found SE to the least faulty very closely followed by Samsung (Nokia was sh**). Hence, I am not able to decide. Also all this various types of screens are confusing me. I just want my phone display to show very nice and realistic pictures and to play normal FIFA 11 and GTA (with nice graphics) type of Ipod games, store lots of music, some nice wallpapers, themes and watch video. I will probably wait another one and a half month and read on if some more insights are given on these two phones by you guys and others like you.

games games games...
If you are really into mobile gaming, wait for a long time and get kal-el. It'd be better that way. You can show off better games than that can be played in an ipad-2 :p

Back