Budget 21-30k Please suggest me a best laptop in my budget.

My budget is upto 25k but can add 2k-4k in it if required.
I need laptop for office use + internet surfing + which can run heavy softwares like photoshop cs6 extended (in 3D mode) and other heavy graphics softwares + which can also play latest games(may be in medium quality).
Screen size is not a issue but bigger is better if possible.
Battery should long last on normal use.
Viewing angle of screen should be wide.

I had found a laptop on ebay (Lenovo G5030 80G0018-VIN Notebook) http://www.ebay.in/itm/Lenovo-G5030-80G0018-VIN-Notebook-Black-/281604984353

Will it work for me?
Also if you know any other best option in this price range please suggest me.

Avoid Lenovo G series. Incl. myself many out there faced weird charging issues with no display after a yr or so. And have to shell out 3-4k for getting it repaired from lenovo. The series is bang for buck with best config but then there is this issue as well.

The fault is traced down to mobo and igfx chip.

@Harinder Singh I've purchased http://www.flipkart.com/hp-compaq-1...t82pa/p/itmefwhzp3u664bg?pid=COMEFWHHGDBH7UUG just last month and I think it may suffice all your requirements. Feel free to ask any questions regarding this. (I don't play games so will not be able to answer your questions regarding gaming but it has 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 820M)

Thanks for your suggestion. I had also found a laptop, please see it http://www.flipkart.com/hp-15-g009a...free-dos-2gb-graph-g8d85pa/p/itmdwz2gzgkac5fp . Currently its out of stock.
Now please suggest me that I should buy HP Compaq 15-s103TX or HP 15-g009AX Notebook.

HP Compaq 15-s103TX (laptop suggested by you) has dual core processor intel i3 (1.7 ghz) and nvidia 2gb graphic card whereas HP 15-g009AX Notebook has quad core processor amd a8 (2 ghz) and 2gb amd radeon r5 graphics.

All these are confusing me. Which one is better AMD or intel with nvidia. Please suggest.

Avoid Lenovo G series. Incl. myself many out there faced weird charging issues with no display after a yr or so. And have to shell out 3-4k for getting it repaired from lenovo. The series is bang for buck with best config but then there is this issue as well.

The fault is traced down to mobo and igfx chip.
Please suggest me any other laptop of any company with best configuration and which have no such issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
@paarkhi Still in the same boat :(. Confused between lenovo g50-70 and the hp compaq 1033tx. Couldn't find a compaq on dispaly anywhere. While the lenovo has a inferior keyboard , the sound output is very loud which is utmost important for me . Unable to decide.[DOUBLEPOST=1426499476][/DOUBLEPOST]@nRiTeCh Are all the G50-70's plagued with the issue?

@paarkhi Still in the same boat :(. Confused between lenovo g50-70 and the hp compaq 1033tx. Couldn't find a compaq on dispaly anywhere. While the lenovo has a inferior keyboard , the sound output is very loud which is utmost important for me . Unable to decide.[DOUBLEPOST=1426499476][/DOUBLEPOST]@nRiTeCh Are all the G50-70's plagued with the issue?
How important is typing for you?

You can go for external keyboard if you dont like the default ones.
And regarding G50-70, this happened to my brothers Lenovo g500 and then to my friends dads g500. He first went to the purchase shop and the dealer said this it mostly a common issue and will get resolved for 3.5-4k if done from him or other local repair centers.:(

To shock, when bro went to lenovo for getting it repair, there almost every alternate person was holding a G series laptop and< 80% people came there for the same issue. It cost him 3k.:blackeye:

Now hearing this my best friend is afraid as based on my suggestions he too. went for very same laptop in diwali 2k14 but his laptop is under warranty so fingers crossed!!!:facepalm:

Worst part is we all use our gadgets and appliances professionally unless only some diy in our desktops and still have to face these issues!!:confused:

Last edited:
@paarkhi Very important. Its going to be a complete desktop replacement for me . So, comprising on any one of the abilities will be hard
I know its not possible to get all the features at this price point , but still i don't get it. Why are Manufacturer's unable to get the basics right. How hard can it be to offer a workable keyboard and a decent sounding speaker. Cost-cutting everywhere. :banghead:
I am wondering if investing in a thinkpad series with a dedicated gpu will be right option for me . There are some decent ones at 50k
http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e540/

Speaking of thinkpads ,Guess what? Lenovo screwed up the keyboard on the thinkpads too LMAO

Last edited:
@paarkhi Very important. Its going to be a complete desktop replacement for me . So, comprising on any one of the abilities will be hard
I know its not possible to get all the features at this price point , but still i don't get it. Why are Manufacturer's unable to get the basics right. How hard can it be to offer a workable keyboard and a decent sounding speaker. Cost-cutting everywhere. :banghead:
I am wondering if investing in a thinkpad series with a dedicated gpu will be right option for me . There are some decent ones at 50k
http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e540/

Speaking of thinkpads ,Guess what? Lenovo screwed up the keyboard on the thinkpads too LMAO
Then better go with HP/compaq or DELL

If display and webcam is not an issue for you then get the LENOVO G50-45 NOTEBOOK (APU QUAD CORE A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ FREE DOS/ 2GB GRAPH) (80E300RGIN) It will cost you 28K from WS Retail.Then you can add another 2K to it and extend warranty for 2 more years.So at 30k you will be able to get it with 3 yrs warranty.

Now at this price range all laptop comes with a TN display.Which has poor viewing angle.Here is a laptop from Dell which has a TN display but has awesome display.It has an antiglare screen which is awesome.Its WoW.Its the Dell Latitude 3540. Cost around 28-29K
Here is a review of dell latitude 3540 :)

Lenovo G50-70 Review

Both Lenovo G50-45 and The G50-70 got the same issues.Avoid B50-70 Series as it has a very bad backup.

**All laptop in the same series will have the same issues.
** AMD A8 6410 is better than Core i3 4th Gen
** Intel HD 4400 is better than R5 M230

** If you plan on getting a Lenovo from online then get it from Amazon or Flipkart
If you Also wanna have a look at Lenovo Promo

Are products purchased online eligible to avail the offer?
Ans. Online purchases made from the website dostore, Amazon (Rocky Marketing), Flip kart (WS Retailer only) and Croma are eligible to avail the offer. Online purchases only from website below
• WS Retail
• Cloud Tail
• Rocky Marketing
• DBM Marketing
• Croma - Infiniti Retail
• E-Zone - Future Value Retail
• HCL Infosystems Pvt Ltd
• Future Office Products Limited
• Staples – Office Shop

You can get one from lenovo dealer too to avail the promo.Look up for your dealer store and location Find Lenovo Outlets - Resellers | Lenovo | Lenovo (IN)
For more details go through this : FAQ's

Hope it helps you to decide :)

@Harinder Singh I've purchased http://www.flipkart.com/hp-compaq-1...t82pa/p/itmefwhzp3u664bg?pid=COMEFWHHGDBH7UUG just last month and I think it may suffice all your requirements. Feel free to ask any questions regarding this. (I don't play games so will not be able to answer your questions regarding gaming but it has 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 820M)
I was planning to buy HP 15-g009AX but now I am thinking to buy your suggested laptop HP Compaq 15-s103TX. But I have some question in my mind if you can answer them that will be nice.
1. This laptop can run photoshop cs6 in 3d mode (or without it)?
2. Can I dual boot this with windows 8.1 and Ubuntu?
3. This laptop can run softwares like Visual Studio, Android Studio, Netbeans, Eclipse etc?
4. If you are using any heavy software on it, please tell how it is working?

I was planning to buy HP 15-g009AX but now I am thinking to buy your suggested laptop HP Compaq 15-s103TX. But I have some question in my mind if you can answer them that will be nice.
1. This laptop can run photoshop cs6 in 3d mode (or without it)?
2. Can I dual boot this with windows 8.1 and Ubuntu?
3. This laptop can run softwares like Visual Studio, Android Studio, Netbeans, Eclipse etc?
4. If you are using any heavy software on it, please tell how it is working?
1. Yes I use PS CS6 Extended and just checked that it works with 3D Mode.
2. Can't say about the Ubuntu Drivers else I'm sure it can dual boot with any Linux Distros
3. Checked Android Studio, Eclipse and it runs both of them very smoothly.
4. I also use Adobe Audition CS6 and Adobe Indesign CS6, don't know whether you consider them heavy or not but they run without any problems/lags.

1. Yes I use PS CS6 Extended and just checked that it works with 3D Mode.
2. Can't say about the Ubuntu Drivers else I'm sure it can dual boot with any Linux Distros
3. Checked Android Studio, Eclipse and it runs both of them very smoothly.
4. I also use Adobe Audition CS6 and Adobe Indesign CS6, don't know whether you consider them heavy or not but they run without any problems/lags.
Thanks for your reply.

Back