Please suggest : Vaccum Cleaner under 6k

Karcher ( a well known and reputed Germand brand) is good from what i've heard. And while on that.. apparently i've been told to stay well clear of Eureka Forbes. Apparently their quality and service for their vaccum cleaners sucks when ironically in the late 90's they were the ones who made something of a name and market for them by being the first to aggressively market these.

Any particular model you suggest?[DOUBLEPOST=1366008291][/DOUBLEPOST]Can't able to find karcher in my area...

It's on flipkart iirc and are also available at Vijay Sales outlets. LG also makes vaccum cleaners, so you could check on them too

Take anything, but avoid Eureka Forbes. The only time they show their face is when they try to sell you something - their product, or their annual service contract. If you want any service, they won't bother. I have learnt this the hard way, not with one but with three different products. Have stopped looking their way ever since

Take anything, but avoid Eureka Forbes. The only time they show their face is when they try to sell you something - their product, or their annual service contract. If you want any service, they won't bother. I have learnt this the hard way, not with one but with three different products. Have stopped looking their way ever since

So that means the feedback and online talk of Eureka Forbes sucking is true! Thanks for confirming

Please suggest Vacuum cleaner
1) For cleaning home (including carpets, sofas, curtains etc.)
2) Portable enough to clean car interiors
3) To clean computer fans,cabinet etc.
4) Good blower & suction power

Budget: 5-6k

On mind: Panasonic MC-CG303 Vacuum Cleaner (having good reviews on flipkart)
http://www.flipkart.com/panasonic-mc-cg303-vacuum-cleaner/p/itmd54qrqkxtmgau?pid=VCLD54QRZPFJW8AY

Please suggest other better options as well

I own 3 Panasonic vacuum cleaners never had to get any of them serviced EVER. the oldest one is 25+ years old, the "newest" about 8-10 years, and the other one some where in between, why 3? 2 in one home, one in another, highly portable, the design has been almost the same over the years. So can't go wrong with the quality.

I have 303 model of panasonic. got it for around 5200 but now see that price has increased.
Some pros and cons i observerd
Pros:
-Good Suction power (primary requirement. what good is a vaccum cleaner if it do not have powerful suction).Much better than Eureka forbes one I have in home.
-Lightweight and compact.
-takes very less space to store.
-build quality is good. had fallen couple of time but all intact.

Cons:
- Accessories are very limited. Do not have pleothra of accessories that Eureka forbes on supplies. But then we rarely use most of them.
-Dust bag is small and is reusable one so it has to be cleaned carefully else lots of dust flows.
-length of extension wands at time i feel is bit less. to reach higher places. have to keep it on table/chairs for this (reason for falling down as mentioned in pros)

regarding difference in 2 models.
do not preciesly remember but think 304 one was having variable suction/blower speed knob whereas 303 was only a single speed.

yes...if you are comfortable with Pros and Cons :)
For me we do not use it on daily basis(may be once or twice a month), till now it has worked fine and is good for my requirement.
btw one more thing, it does create some noice while running. Cannot provide comparison with other models as its been some time i have seen others in action.

Back