Budget 21-30k Please suggest

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
28k (as offline price is GENERALLY 1-2k more)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Music + Movies (HD) + Internet + MS office...

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
No..(Confused)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Offline purchase

Additional:

Which one is better..
1) A8 or i3 3rd/4th gen?
2) ATI JET LE R5 M230/8570 Vs Intel HD 4400?
3) Lenovo vs HP (Build Quality)

1. i3 would be better if you do processor intensive tasks like calculations/auto cad/gaming etc. A8 has a better integrated graphics and hence you will get good performance while watching movies or playing games.To me i3 3rd gen is the most preferred version right now since it runs at full speed and your laptop will not feel sluggish.

2. Check benchmarks. I do not have specific information about this.

3. As far as I have learnt from the reviews, Lenovo build quality is better than HP. Also the failure rate is lower for Lenovo. But before buying any model, read its review on notebookcheck and flipkart. If there are any model specific problems, you will get to know about it beforehand.

The Lenovo G50-70 and B50-70 is the best for your budget/requirement.
Check these models on PayTM. Flat Rs.6000 discount is available. @avi bought his Lenovo laptop from PayTM.

Hello..I have gone through your posts.I have the same uses as yours like browsing, movies ,office.

1.Curious to know why you didn't consider other models for eg Lenovo G50-45(having 2GB dedicated graphic card).
2. How about your experience while dealing with PAY TM.
3. How long Pay TM took to deliever the laptop.
4.Who is your seller and how you got intouch with him
5.what about warranty issues.

1. I had no idea about other models, especially G50-45. Now looking at its config looks like its also a good one.
2. PayTM care sucks. If something goes wrong consider you are fcked. This laptop was not for me, but for someone who is close to me. So I had already explained them about PayTM's bad CC and they were okay with that. For example, if seller fails to ship the product, then PayTM credits the amount to PayTM wallet, not to bank. Then you have to go through all the trouble to get it back to your bank. So avoid PayTM unless offer is really really good and you have spare time. Check my thread too. Even after placing the order, their CC was not really good. if you want good CC, stick with Amazon or Flipkart.
3. Placed on 8th, shipped on 10th and delivered on 14th.
4. My seller was TechGadget and he was really really good and helpful. His shop name is TTL Infotech and he is authorized lenovo seller. Before placing order I had no info whether he was genuine seller or not. I ordered it on the words of PayTM.
5. afaik, no warranty issues. It is smooth. Now got the warranty extended too, waiting for the certificates.

I've got a Lenovo G50-45 laptop with an AMD A8 processor. I've used laptops running with Pentiums and i5's.
I did a blind buy of the AMD a8 laptop, and if I had to buy another one, I'd still choose it. It's runs much cooler than the i5, and quieter too because the fan rarely kicks in.
It's slower than the i5, and the battery life probably won't be as good, because i5 laptops are in the mid/premium range, and the AMD's are in the budget category. So, the i5's in general come with larger capacity batteries. The i5 laptop I used could run for more than 6 hours, and my A8 runs for about 4 before it needs to be plugged in.
Higher priced laptops come with better screens, and build quality. The display of the A8 laptop I have doesn't render colours too well. And though it looks slim and sleek, and is light and comfortable, it doesn't feel solid or well built. That probably has more to do with the budget Lenovo line than AMD a8s.
The display on the i5 I had was really good, but that laptop cost ~60,000, and I got the A8 for about Rs.24,000 including a 3 year extended warranty.

I think the AMD A8 processor is great. It's as fast as an i3 IMO, and in daily use it doesn't feel much slower than an i5. It's less power hungry, and runs cooler. The only problem is you'll only find it in budget laptops that don't have the best display or build quality.
Pay a visit to e-Zone and Croma. They had the Lenovo G50-45 on display when I last went there. Take a movie and some pics along, and see if you're happy with the output. They also had prices very close to the online rates during Diwali. And they have cashback promos often.

I was considering
http://www.flipkart.com/hp-15-g049au-notebook-apu-quad-core-a8-4gb-500gb-win8-1-k5b45pa/p/itmey7hhaurtczha?pid=COMEY34HEHBBH9TV&otracker=from-search&srno=t_2&query=lap amd a8 hp&ref=5cf8e7d4-22fc-4741-a07f-2675336934aa
and
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-g5045-laptop-80e300gyin-amd/33508004

IMO HP's feel more solid, but I like the keyboard of the budget Lenovo line better. I chose the Lenovo over the HP because it came with 2 RAM slots against the HP's 1, and the RAM/HDD panel was very easy to access.[DOUBLEPOST=1420373078][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and I've got switchable graphics on my laptop, and though that helps for gaming, in general use it rarely switches on.
If you're planning on running Linux, then get a laptop with an Intel processor. It'll make your life a whole lot easier.

Last edited:
#avi
Thanks bro for the reply....
In my case, Seller is KH Online, I am not sure whether he is authorised seller or not & I don't want to take chance with PayTM
So, I am going with other options..

#ch@ts
Thanks bro for the detailed review..
1) I am considering these two options:
http://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-G50-45-15-6-inch-Laptop-Graphics/dp/B00NWNLVS2/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

http://www.flipkart.com/hp-15-g207a...=b_6&ref=2b649ba5-63e5-47f5-ad7b-d4ce4a44cfb7

2) Lenovo priced at 23,870 (Amazon.in) but not sure whether it's 80300GYIN or 80E300GYIN
Later one comes with UNUSED Ram slot.

3) Is it safe to buy from Amazon? Any warranty related problems?
Because Lenovo clearly mentioned on their site that snapdeal, amazon etc purchases are not valid for warranty...

4) I am getting HP Model (26.5k: Local shop)
I too having same ram slot prob...

Please suggest...What should I do?

2) ask CC. Chat with them online they will give u the info. If they send u difffent model, amazon will happily replace/refund

3) doesn't mattter. Even PayTM is also not mentioned, but I still got warranty. It all depends with the seller. If he is authorized then you will have no issues with the warranty

Did you get your laptop?
If you did, then extend your warranty here: http://lenovopromo.net/
I bought the extended warranty, and besides the 2 additional years, they've added accidental damage protection to the first year of my warranty.

#avi
Ok bro..

#ch@ts
Not yet...estimated d.time: 10th Jan

1) Please give me some tips for the maintenance of laptop...if not going with screen protector and body lamination..

Thanks guys for the help and suggestions....Finally, received the laptop.. :)

1) What are the things I need to check after opening the box? (No physical damage)

2) How to disable integrated graphics and use dedicated card...Is it automatic or I have to do some settings? How to check?

3) How to register for warranty? (After that, I wud avail the extended warranty offer)

1. like nothing? just turn on and watch p0rn :p If you are paranoid, check basic things wifi, webcam, HDMI port and also whether specs are correct

2. If your laptop supports that then check in BIOS. Or google is your friend.

3. Send an email to pop@lenovo.com. here's a template, thanks to @hotshot:

Hi,

I bought a laptop Lenovo G50-70 on 10-Dec-2014. However on the website, warranty start date is incorrect. Requesting to correct it. My details:

Invoice copy with dealer stamp: attached
Serial numbers: attached
Machine serial number: YXXXXXXXX1
Machine purchase date: 10/December/2014
Name: avi
Phone: 9XXXXXXXXX3

Thanks & regards,
avi

I am getting this after I entered serial no. (One more thing: Serial no. mentioned on invoice (13 digit) is different than no mentioned at the bottom of the laptop (8 digit)

System Summary
Product ID: 80E300GYIN
Type:80E3
Serial Number: -
IMEI:-

Base Warranty
Start Date: 2014-12-06
End Date: 2016-01-04
Warranty Type: C01
Description:This product has a one year limited warranty and is entitled to depot or carry-in service where available. Customers may call their local service center for more information.

Warranty Upgrade
Start Date:2014-09-07
End Date:2015-10-06
Warranty Type: TCV

Description:This product has a one year limited warranty which includes a LenovoCare warranty upgrade. This product is entitled to on-site repai r service wi th a next business day response objective. Customer may contact their l ocal support center for more information.

Buy an extended warranty here - http://lenovopromo.net/

You cannot disable the onboard graphics. It's always on, and uses 512MB RAM. The dedicated graphics comes on while gaming, but you can install the catalyst control centre, and choose for which applications to turn it on.

1. like nothing? just turn on and watch p0rn :p If you are paranoid, check basic things wifi, webcam, HDMI port and also whether specs are correct

2. If your laptop supports that then check in BIOS. Or google is your friend.

3. Send an email to pop@lenovo.com. here's a template, thanks to @hotshot:

Hi,

I bought a laptop Lenovo G50-70 on 10-Dec-2014. However on the website, warranty start date is incorrect. Requesting to correct it. My details:

Invoice copy with dealer stamp: attached
Serial numbers: attached
Machine serial number: YXXXXXXXX1
Machine purchase date: 10/December/2014
Name: avi
Phone: 9XXXXXXXXX3

Thanks & regards,
avi

I need to do this too. Thanks for posting!

Back