Please sugget an Android phone @ 12k

1. Q: Budget?
A: 12k or less

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: no clue

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: likes Samsung,Sony,HTC

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Good Camera

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: Android [/FONT]

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi, 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera,Gps,internet, apps, etc

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: a Good "Battery Life " :eek:nthego:

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HTC Desire C

Thanx in advance:D

An older phone like the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro / Mini should be great. Let other members pitch in, I am new to the Android scene too. Cheerio!

Htc desire c has a poor resolution and an outdated processor. you 'll find constant lags with ics on board. its not worth 12 k IMO

have a look at the xperia u . Home shop18 comes up with killer deals . There was one recently priced at 13.5 .

if you are open to non warranty phones, then you have a lot of options from ebay... xperia u, sola(has a few issues reported on gsmarena by users), pantec burst (hot deals section ), xperia go (same resolution as htc c but over all a better phone) or even galaxy ace plus for that matter(comes at 13k with ebay coupon )

if you can stretch your budget to 16k, then htc one v

Htc desire c has a poor resolution and an outdated processor. you 'll find constant lags with ics on board. its not worth 12 k IMO

have a look at the xperia u . Home shop18 comes up with killer deals . There was one recently priced at 13.5 .

if you are open to non warranty phones, then you have a lot of options from ebay... xperia u, sola(has a few issues reported on gsmarena by users), pantec burst (hot deals section ), xperia go (same resolution as htc c but over all a better phone) or even galaxy ace plus for that matter(comes at 13k with ebay coupon )

if you can stretch your budget to 16k, then htc one v

+1 I would also suggest HTC One V, comes with 8gb free memory card. I too got one for myself, really nice device. For 12k budget friendly phone, you have to sacrifice one thing or the another which will make your experience bitter.

If you dont mind Micromax brand then wait for couple of weeks and get the A110 Canvas 2 ~ 12k or the A90 S2 ~ 14k.
They have the new Mediatek MT6577 which is a dual Core Cortex A9 SoC similar to the Xperia U. The GPU which is the powerVR SGX53x series is decent for the budget. They also have 8MP camera and ICS OOB with possible JB upgrade.
The A110 has 5" IPS LCD and the A90 S2 has 4.3" SAMOLED screen!
They are rumored to come with 1GB of RAM. A little bit of waiting will give you very powerful handsets for the price range.

Spice Mi-500 is already available in the market and has the same SoC but has just 512MB of RAM.

At that price point the SONY XPERIA U punches out the HTC One V. And adding ~1000/- quid you can also land a XPERIA Sola which is much better in all terms, save the screen-size.

Both the phones: no card slot is the deal breaker. I tried demo of Sola and U, 4.3gb internal memory. no way I would suggest that phones.

Back