Pls help.. ANDROID... Samsung Galaxy 3 or SE Xperia X8 or......??

I was looking for my first android phone..

My main requirements :

Budget of max 13k

Music playback

Decent camera

Social networking

Good touch response

Till now all my phones have been Sony ericsson.. as i love the "megabass" in the music player..

So please suggest the best phone for me.. Some phones within my budget :

Samsung Galaxy 3

SE Xperia X8

I would like to know if the Videocon Zeus V7500 would suit my needs as it has great specs.. cannot find much reviews on the net..

Oh and would it be wise to wait for a couple of months before buying? X8 may get the 2.1 update.. and any new phones to be released??

Thank you in advance..

Galaxy 3 is a better option

And that zeus evolve also looks good but actually videocon stuff doesn't deserve 12 k

actually videocon being an Indian company it doesn't have much reputation and goodwill in market

Texting means go for mini pro

You need a hardware qwerty dude if you text alot.

But i am comfortable with the mini's T9 keypad and i text around 300msgs a day

You clearly stated that you do a lot of texting..

Now where is the confusion ??

I currently am using the X8 and texting isnt a breeze. Inputs from either side of the intended alphabet keeps getting keyed in.

Galaxy 3 again is a tchscreen and not gonna be that good for people who text a lot.

X8 is a nice lil phone which fits in your plam but too high a price for the features it has. Max gonna a nice back up phone.

Tactile response is better and at times essential for heavy texters. X10 mini pro comes with good options to boot like document editor.

X10 mini pro is the way to go.

@Spacescreamer

I cannot go above the 13k mark i guess.. So X10 mini pro is out of the question

And max i text is like a 100-150 msgs a day...

I really liked the Galaxy 3.. except for the cam.. if it supports all android apps.. then i guess there isnt a reason to go ahead with it

(its audio quality is excellent, and for texting its got Swype )

13k is a good budget but weigh in ur requirements first and then the option you ll be stuck with.

Going just a wee bit more will provide you with a major relief.

If you can manage the Mini pro, which is staring in ur face, it ll be a treat for you.

Just take into consideration the battery back up of the Mini pro before you take the leap. Maybe Mini pro user will mention abt it here and help you in making the decision.

music quality is quite good if you combine it with good earphones like ep 630( i was using k750 before it they are quite comparable)

all the apps doesn't work on it like raging thunder 2 or sygic mobile maps(the latter may be due to resolution problem)

build quality is not good especially the back cover

i also have the famous gps problem

i haven;t fiddled a lot with it due to my exams so won't be able to give a full review atm.

^^ya

The update is just around corner(in a week or 2)

BTW i bought it when it was first released for 15K

And i still feel its worth it.. ;)

Great phone. Except for battery life.

teja92 said:
^^ya
The update is just around corner(in a week or 2)
BTW i bought it when it was first released for 15K
And i still feel its worth it.. ;)
Great phone. Except for battery life.

+1 to it. Me too using the same phone.
Battery life is also good. lasts around 1 day easily with 2-3 hours of music. amd 3-4 hours of calling.
The phone is fast with no lags at all. totally worth. and yep the update is around the corner.
texting using the on-screen qwerty will take some time to get used to. camera is great. ultimately a good phone
recommended.
and it is available on ebay for Rs.12499 with bill. and to the delight. around 11,750 with 5%off coupon or you can get a Hitachi 250GB portable HDD (worth Rs.2400) free with it to sell it on later. Thus costing you around 10k in all.
Looks are killer too.

Don't go for videocon guys.. Worst build quality.. Took a low end phone for dual sim using purpose , gone dead in 3 months, went to service center , already many guys like me there... Now they have send the phone to chennai saying board complaint ... Hmmm...

Id suggest you dont even consider the X10 mini, the pro maybe manageable, galaxy 3's build quality is not too great.
The better option would be to wait, save up some money and get a mid-range android like maybe the milestone or a nexus one (saw one selling for 19K on TE) whose price will definitely come to the 18K mark in a month or two.

Back