Pls suggest BLDC Fan?

if you're looking for budget BLDC fans this is my experience

Panasonic Anchor Penta turbo BLDC (Avoid it): Build quality of the fan and remote was great, weighed approximately close to a regular fan but used to wobble a lot and there was issues with fan automatically turning off even without the timer being set and had to turn it OFF and ON multiple time for it to start rotating again. The fan eventually stopped functioning about a week ago purchased somewhere around 6 months ago. Support was easy to contact through Whatsapp, it was all automated similar to what LG does, It took them 3 days to send a technician over. Had a bit of issues with him, he had dissembled the entire fan tried to remove the magnet and broke it and asked me to shared the OTP for closure saying I will have to reopen a fresh request, which i declined and I immediately called their supervisor and reported the same and I was promised a new fan replacement in 4-5 days, which I'm still waiting, Brand offers 2 years of warranty on it. NOTE: Never share the OTP until the issue is resolved.

Crompton Energion Hyperjet (some what recommended if on budget): Light weight, good remote range, works in any direction, fan is a bit loud (sounds like a chopper but a lot less louder) but pushes a decent amount of air in speed-1. Threads on the Bolts gets easily damaged if you over tighten them would recommend getting a separate pair from your local hardware/electrical shop or just use the screws from your older fan those would be of much better build quality. I have 2 of these fan one in white and one in matte brown both look decent and fairly easy to clean. The paint seems to be very thin it's not really a major concern for me but for some it would.

Havells Ambrose BLDC fan (not much experience with it): Good built quality of both fan, mounting parts and the paint finish feels premium. It's still functioning has issues so far, but I felt the air flow could have been better on it, visually it looks great but I don't really have much experience with it other than the day of installation.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Makes sure to get the fan regulator disconnected, only a few BLDC fan models work with a regulator, It would be specifically mentioned as "works with regulator". Most BLDC fans need direct connection if not you're risking the fan getting damaged, these circuits are not designed to work with varying voltage.

So which brand to get from mainstream brands crompton or Orient or what? Need high air flow, and robust build. No smart/fancy features pls. Which gives the highest warranty?

One more thing, all these fans come with only 3-speed remotes I see? Like only 3 speed can be set 1 2 3? Anything which comes with full speed control?

So which brand to get from mainstream brands crompton or Orient or what? Need high air flow, and robust build. No smart/fancy features pls. Which gives the highest warranty?
if you are new to BLDC and and high air flow is a priority then dont buy online, check locally, atleast for me and my BIL, none of the BLDC fans had high enough air flow for us, we went to a dealer and we could barely feel the airflow from them (granted the dealer had high ceilings), a normal BLDC fan at max speed feels like a 3 or maybe a 4 speed from a traditional fan, and the spread is also not that wide, its more concentrated
One more thing, all these fans come with only 3-speed remotes I see? Like only 3 speed can be set 1 2 3? Anything which comes with full speed control?
Parents have got a couple of Atombergs for their bedroom and it has a 5 speed remote

One important aspect is use of neodymium magnets. These magnets last longer. Fans with these won't lose their speed over time as fast. Atomberg has started using these in some of their recent models.

Certainly not Atomberg. BLDC fans are prone to failure than your regular old-school induction motor fan and getting custom service from Atomberg will make you cry.

Had 6 Atombergs, only 3 of them bought 3 years ago are still working. Orient & Havells are pretty nice.

Certainly not Atomberg. BLDC fans are prone to failure than your regular old-school induction motor fan and getting custom service from Atomberg will make you cry.

Had 6 Atombergs, only 3 of them bought 3 years ago are still working. Orient & Havells are pretty nice.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Based on this thread and comments posted, I feel like BLDC fans are not reliable right now compared to traditional fans...
I was just looking to get a good one, but now I feel it's not worth the price and trouble of servicing.

Same. Have both Atomberg and Orient and those Aeroslim's have been pretty great. They look better, have better remotes, have better air flow and most importantly - their support is miles better (and this is in a Tier 1 city)

They're pricey but i'm never going atomberg again.

I was one of the first here to put BLDC fans, I have a total of 6 BLDC fans. 4 atomberg ceilings fan and 1 atomberg pedestal BLDC fan. 1 orient aeroquiet BLDC, 1x crompton BLDC.

The orient AEROQUIET bldc fan has been nothing but problem.

The Atomberg fan have been trouble free, first 1200mm fan was installed in 2018. The second fan also installed a month later also in 2018, this one had a bearing noise within 6 months of purchase, this was a 1400mm fan with extra long ceiling rod, more then 1 meter. They changed the bearings problem reoccured within a short period. So they replaced the fan unit, this time installed it with a spirit level. No issues ever since. 3rd atomberg bought in 2019 also a 1400mm, no issues with it. 4th atomberg fan bought this year, to replace the orient bldc.
Also bought a cromptom bldc fan to replace the old regular fan.
So still have 2 regular fans. The regular aeroquiet fan works, but consumes 24 watt in speed 1 and 70watt in speed 5. The bldc version of the same consumes 6 watt in speed 1 .

Issue faced with the orient aeroquiet bldc fan was that it used to make bearing noise, sometimes the fan rod used to jerk/oscillate(amazon review from someone also mentioned this issue) and finally it had some electrical fault this year.

None of the fans ever got any high voltage i.e above 260v, if the voltage goes beyoud 260v , it will switch over to inverter back up.

I was one of the first here to put BLDC fans, I have a total of 6 BLDC fans. 4 atomberg ceilings fan and 1 atomberg pedestal BLDC fan. 1 orient aeroquiet BLDC, 1x crompton BLDC.

The orient AEROQUIET bldc fan has been nothing but problem.

The Atomberg fan have been trouble free, first 1200mm fan was installed in 2018. The second fan also installed a month later also in 2018, this one had a bearing noise within 6 months of purchase, this was a 1400mm fan with extra long ceiling rod, more then 1 meter. They changed the bearings problem reoccured within a short period. So they replaced the fan unit, this time installed it with a spirit level. No issues ever since. 3rd atomberg bought in 2019 also a 1400mm, no issues with it. 4th atomberg fan bought this year, to replace the orient bldc.
Also bought a cromptom bldc fan to replace the old regular fan.
So still have 2 regular fans. The regular aeroquiet fan works, but consumes 24 watt in speed 1 and 70watt in speed 5. The bldc version of the same consumes 6 watt in speed 1 .

Issue faced with the orient aeroquiet bldc fan was that it used to make bearing noise, sometimes the fan rod used to jerk/oscillate(amazon review from someone also mentioned this issue) and finally it had some electrical fault this year.

None of the fans ever got any high voltage i.e above 260v, if the voltage goes beyoud 260v , it will switch over to inverter back up.
How does bldc fans compare to traditional ones in terms of airflow?

Not good, both my BIL and me felt that the airflow was really inadequate, on a traditional fan with a 5 speed control, Atomberg's max speed felt more like the 3rd speed of a traditional fan to us, my parents have got a couple of atombergs in their room and its been fine for them since they anyways dont run the fans at full speed. On the flip side, those fans are way quieter than traditional ones, so if you can compromise on the airflow which is different for everyone, BLDC fans can be worthwhile

That depends on the fan its compared to. Really old fans had larger fan blades, newer regular eco fans have smaller blades, when I say small I am talking about the width of the blades.

Atomberg Fans, I see them comparable to 60watt class fans and superior to eco 50watt class fans.

The orient BLDC aero quiet was just as good as its regular aero quiet fan in terms of air flow. Its a proper apple to apple comparision.

Some regular 1400mm fans with 70watt or more motor may have a slight edge, compared to a 1400mm BLDC. Since the motor in the BLDC fan is the same for 1200 and 1400mm, with just different factory programming.

But newer BLDC fans which have wider non metal blade designs will be superior, at the same time these are much more expensive compared to regular BLDC fans.

Based on this thread and comments posted, I feel like BLDC fans are not reliable right now compared to traditional fans...
I have a Superfan A1, V1, Atomberg Efficio. All are between 6 - 9 yrs old and still running.
Even I'm puzzled with the comments about reliability. Are they maybe cutting corners with newer batches?

I upsized to 1400mm (except the A1), so I don't feel any shortage with airflow. All are running around a speed of 3.
I feel the Atomberg is quieter, with the Superfans having an edge in airflow.
The Superfans have a bit of a humming noise. Atomberg in their earlier years had advertised that their BLDC motors do not hum.

I actually tried out BLDC fans because the traditional fans kept wearing out their bearings.
I assumed BLDC fans with less heat and hopefully better bearings would last longer, and luckily they have.

My experience is similar to @Crazy_Eddy. I am using some Superfan and Atomberg since 2018 and all of the fans are working flawless. I had once claimed warranty for Superfan due to excess noise and it was smooth. They replaced the motor and it was as good as new in few minutes. I was surprised to see good service in Mumbai considering Superfan (Versa Drives) is based in Coimbatore and then was/is a smaller company.

Even I'm puzzled with the comments about reliability. Are they maybe cutting corners with newer batches?
That's why after reading here I'm not sure if buying bldc fan is a good idea.

One of our old fans is almost on the verge of going bad or needs repair, so I thought why not get a new bldc fan instead. My uncle meanwhile says like "just get a traditional Crompton fan from dmart and it will last a lifetime ". :D

Back