Android Poco F1 long term review

Was your friend able to get this battery at Mi service center? Or he sourced from outside?

I went to an Mi Service center and they said that Poco F1 spares don't come anymore to them.
Battery changed at authorised service center.

If you need a good replacement battery, buy this battery from amazon. It gives good battery backup and manufactured by Everup.
Everup is the authorised OEM battery supplier for xiaomi/poco devices.

https://www.amazon.in/Norgen®-100-Orignal-Battery-Replacement/dp/B094K18HKD
I ordered the above battery and currently being used by my brothers poco f1 (his secondary device) for gaming and binge watching. Gives excellent backup.
Fast charging works fine.
note the manufacturing year it is 2019. manufacturing of poco f1 stopped at the end of 2019. since it is oem battery it works fine.

poco f1 battery amazon praka.jpg

During the height of covid/chip shortage/aliexpress ban/china import ban, poco raised the cost of poco f1 battery to 4500 rupees.
Also they blocked the amazon and flipkart sellers who were selling everup manufactured batteries.
So sellers wiped off the "Manufactured by everup" sentence in the batteries to evade the ban, or simply they pasted a hologram sticker over the that printed area.

Last edited:
One thing which I really liked about this phone is the fact that it has SD chip. I would definitely pick that over any Samsung chip which are unreliable as hell. But this phone (or the SoC) has that "slowing down" issues on continuous use I heard. I forgot the exact term for it. That was why I didn't go for it.
In instagram it is available for lower price.
6gb ram 128gb rom for rs8500
8gb ram 256gb rom for rs10000
Are you positive that they are not scams?
Also is there a 512GB model? I take a lot of media I need a lot of storage if it doesn't come with dedicated microSD slot.

They are not s
One thing which I really liked about this phone is the fact that it has SD chip. I would definitely pick that over any Samsung chip which are unreliable as hell. But this phone (or the SoC) has that "slowing down" issues on continuous use I heard. I forgot the exact term for it. That was why I didn't go for it.

Are you positive that they are not scams?
Also is there a 512GB model? I take a lot of media I need a lot of storage if it doesn't come with dedicated microSD slot.
They are not scams. Im placing an order from them in this week for a128gb unit.
All 256gb units sold out.

There is no 512gb variant in poco f1. There is a shared micro sd card slot available though.

Who is making these? Certainly not the Xiaomi. Forget mobile, they have even discontinued the spares.
Probably unsold stock being cleared out? Seen similar listings on OLX locally. Seller said open box products but they don't have brand warranty but will be given complete seller warranty.

Who is making these? Certainly not the Xiaomi. Forget mobile, they have even discontinued the spares.
These are unsold stocks.
someone is having a large inventory of unsold 2019 december manufactured poco f1. they are being now sold by these sellers.

from what i have observed, these units are available with coimbatore based sellers and particularly available with these below sellers.

Iinstagram ids of the sellers are

pro__mobiles
tendigitmobile
get.mobiles
redzone_7th_street
o2mobiles
ukmobileskovai
fonemallcbe

Take a look into their Instagram pages and stories. They also sell imported units.
I'm not associated with these sellers. just sharing the information.

Last edited:
Poco f1 is my current device from the past 2 years. It is an awesome device.
Using with havoc os.

Just replaced the battery in MI service center today. I wish to use this device as long as it works. I don't have a reason to replace it.

Many instagram sellers, amazon seller, local brick and mortar stores have recently selling Box packed Poco f1 devices at very good price. These devices have manufacturing date january 2020. (old stock/sealed/Brand new). i contemplating in buying one even though it is an 3 year old device and lacks 5G.

Custom rom availability is huge for this device.
Camera captures excellent photos. Gcam mods takes the photography power of this device to another level.
processor is incredibly fast yet power efficient.
Gaming is smooth and never heats to an uncomfortable level like other devices.

Except the screen top notch, i have no complaints. everything is perfect.
By using custom rom you can hide the notch.

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.in/s?i=merchant-items&me=A2WN9BCYYL03UU&rh=p_4:poco+by+Xiaomi&dc&qid=1678466832

In instagram it is available for lower price.
6gb ram 128gb rom for rs8500
8gb ram 256gb rom for rs10000
Now comes my dilemma, I have a Poco F1 with a broken screen and the screen replacement + battery costs for unoriginal parts comes out around 4.5k, official parts around 9k and a local seller is selling 128GB phones for 9.5k. I think going with the fakes is fine since I don't plan on reselling the phone later. What would be the best path?

Now comes my dilemma, I have a Poco F1 with a broken screen and the screen replacement + battery costs for unoriginal parts comes out around 4.5k, official parts around 9k and a local seller is selling 128GB phones for 9.5k. I think going with the fakes is fine since I don't plan on reselling the phone later. What would be the best path?
Before poco, I had a phone with a QHD display. It broke. I couldn't find a replacement, original or not. Even importing a non-genuine display from aliexpress would have cost me 6-7k. So I instead bought the same used phone from OLX for 5k with the intention of transferring its display to my mobile. But the used piece was so good that I instead shifted motherboard from my mobile to the donor one. :cool:

You can get original poco f1 battery and original quality display for 4.5k itself. Dont need to spend 9k.

Battery price 1325+shipping.
Display Price 2900+shipping.

Join this telegram group

Very reputed seller. He did a great job by providing original batteries to all, when poco became greedy and increased the prices of battery during lockdown.
Poco also killed this legendary device by stopping the supply of spare parts. He is still providing spares for poco f1.

He is also selling display and batteries of other mobile models and accessories.

You can get original poco f1 battery and original quality display for 4.5k itself. Dont need to spend 9k.

Battery price 1325+shipping.
Display Price 2900+shipping.

Join this telegram group

Very reputed seller. He did a great job by providing original batteries to all, when poco became greedy and increased the prices of battery during lockdown.
Poco also killed this legendary device by stopping the supply of spare parts. He is still providing spares for poco f1.

He is also selling display and batteries of other mobile models and accessories.
The battery I purchased from him came to 3,500 mah on accubattery. When I told him about it, he got very defensive.

@gokul.ece22 Please share your version of gcam
I am perplexed with so many choices
im using this version. (MGC_8.3.252_V0d_MGC.apk)

You can download from here
The battery I purchased from him came to 3,500 mah on accubattery. When I told him about it, he got very defensive.
Totally bought 3 poco f1 batteries from him. one for me and 2 for my friends.
They were good.

Recently bought poco f1 battery from him on 4th march. It gives SOT of 6 hours+.

Last edited:
Back