(Politics) Social media giant Facebook and BJP/Modi nexus

BJP getting worried an actual investigation will prove collusion:

Who needs a proof?
Everyone know it.
:rolleyes:

If people are really worried about about electoral data analytics by firms like CA, then they would be shocked if they knew how much is happening right under their own noses on their own devices by none other than Jio itself, the king of data analytics. They have what, 60-80% of the market now?

Disclaimer: i use a jio number

If people are really worried about about electoral data analytics by firms like CA, then they would be shocked if they knew how much is happening right under their own noses on their own devices by none other than Jio itself, the king of data analytics.

Why do you think jio gave free data?
Think think.

Funniest thing is they claimed 'free calls for life' and now charging 6ps/min for calls to non-jio numbers because the IUC verdict didn't go their way. Or maybe this was just another plan to make money. 6ps x millions of customers = mucho dinaro.
At least other operators are openly giving FUP of 250 mins/day to all numbers.

Data analysis using Prashant kishor or CA is widely accepted electoral practice. Voter is not manipulated, nor was CA used ro spread hatred and incite riots.
Since you are talking about manipulation- For me, collecting my data without my knowledge and then feeding me information or presenting to me a false image that I want to see just to get my vote, qualifies for manipulation. Idk if you're trying to defend congress or any other party involved or if you are actually fine with it. But I'm not.
Goli maro ? Remember how it spread. Via social media.
What I said in my post was in NO WAY to minimize the significance of whatever is going on between BJP-Facebook, nor was I trying to dilute it. I just made a comment on how the people with infinite money and power will use everything to get what they want and for one-upping each other, while the average human being can just look at it and get baffled.
Also, there is no lesser evil for me. Being murdered by one party or being r*ped by another are both equally bad and should NEVER be a choice a person has to make. I am not supporting any of them.
If people are really worried about about electoral data analytics by firms like CA, then they would be shocked if they knew how much is happening right under their own noses on their own devices by none other than Jio itself, the king of data analytics. They have what, 60-80% of the market now?

If by "people" you mean ME, then I have never used Jio in my life and I never will(always hated Ambanis for no particular reason). I also know about the allegations made by hacktivist groups and wouldn't be surprised if they were completely true. I know all the other big players including google do it too with their smart homes and other bullshit. Many android apps have been caught sending data too and selling it everywhere but android phones are the best in the market right now, so I dont have any other option.
So what do you mean by this? That I shouldn't be worrying about things like these and be okay with it coz everyone seems to be doing it?
If anything, people should be fully aware of this and oppose it.

If by "people" you mean ME...

Nope, i was speaking in reference to the previous post, that of @chetansha

So what do you mean by this? That I shouldn't be worrying about things like these and be okay with it coz everyone seems to be doing it?
If anything, people should be fully aware of this and oppose it.

By this, i meant data analytics is happening without you even knowing it on a daily basis, so just pointing the finger at one firm, i.e. CA, is a pretty naive way of looking at things. It's kind of in the same vein as how people are still going on about sushant's suicide and completely ignoring all the rest dying.

My message to you is the same as before, when we're talking about a specific point wrt. the bjp, saying something like 'all parties are the same' (though true), takes away from the gravitas of that discussion.

My message to you is the same as before, when we're talking about a specific point wrt. the bjp, saying something like 'all parties are the same' (though true), takes away from the gravitas of that discussion.

Got it.

And what bjp does, matters a lot as these people are in charge of public welfare.
Any wrong doing by bjp will be a green signal for criminals.

And if any other party is involved in wrong acts, the ruling party ought to bring that bad actor to Justice.

Umm.. Am i realistic here :rolleyes: ?

That was actually meant for @Greyfalcon

And what bjp does, matters a lot as these people are in charge of public welfare.
Any wrong doing by bjp will be a green signal for criminals.

And if any other party is involved in wrong acts, the ruling party ought to bring that bad actor to Justice.

Umm.. Am i realistic here :rolleyes: ?
Not really realistic because it ain't gonna happen. Idealistic maybe.

Because as long as their bhakt army keeps defending and condoning any wrong deeds they do, why would they want to correct themselves?
Post automatically merged:

I have never used Jio in my life and I never will(always hated Ambanis for no particular reason). I also know about the allegations made by hacktivist groups and wouldn't be surprised if they were completely true.

I had no option really, Jio whooped the competition's a$$ so bad they were shutting down cell sites to save money. As a result when i was stuck in my native place due to the lockdown i had terrible signal reception on vodafone which was flawless earlier. So i had to port to Jio who incidentally also erected a tower nearby. After suffering for almost 3 months with bad reception, Jio was like a saviour. Now at my apartment in the city, the association decided to get jiofiber installed in the building in spite of my recommendations against. I wasn't here when they did it and couldn't support the LCO, who's internet was at least 1/2 the cost. Now everyone in my building has broadband except me. I refuse to take jiofiber and pay a minimum of 825 bucks a month for their F'dUP plans, against the LCO's 475 bucks for 500gb/20mbps. Especially when jio is blocking loads of sites and packet sniffing too. Right now the LCO is not intersted in laying a connection because everyones already got jiofiber and he's also saying fiber modems are OOS due to WFH demand etc. I know me being a holdout isn't gonna change anything but there are limits to how much shit we take.

Last edited by a moderator:
By this, i meant data analytics is happening without you even knowing it on a daily basis, so just pointing the finger at one firm, i.e. CA, is a pretty naive way of looking at things. It's kind of in the same vein as how people are still going on about sushant's suicide and completely ignoring all the rest dying.
Umm....if you see, the post is about BJP using Facebook for their gains. So Facebook is also in focus here. CA harvested data from FB. That's why i mentioned it. Not because I was fixated on just one instance of data harvesting or because I was ignoring the rest.
Let me make my comment more clear coz there seems to be still some confusion.
Obviously the parties see Facebook as a very valuable resource. All I said was that one tried to use it from the outside and one was able to infiltrate from the inside and have more control over a lot of things. It wouldn't have made sense if I talked about anything else.

My "they're all the same" comment was for the article you posted a link to in which an APP spokesperson was saying he knew exactly how BJP orchestrated the whole thing and had people on the inside as well as the outside and what not. Months after everyone has fled the scene he came to know so much? He didn't know before? If people were on the inside, then the plans must have been done from a long time. Didn't happen overnight.
Idk, I just cant make myself believe that none of them knew what was going to happen beforehand. It always felt like they were just waiting for it. Maybe because I dont trust any political party. I mean, Kejriwal himself rode to fame by showing papers/documents of all the businesses and what not owned by BJP and Congress and how they'd make the other party's business or whatever related legal issues go away if they were in power. He claimed they were both working together behind the scenes on their kala dhanda. Whenever there is an investigation on a Cong member going on, their spokesperson go on TV and openly say "this is revenge politics. They have to remember that we will also come to power one day". So this means they've all had these conversations plenty of times in person before and they work on such a level that the average people cant even think of.
So why to even trust Kejriwal now?
Ok I'll stop here. Obviously I have no proof and it's no help to anyone. Any more and it'll just make me sound like im into conspiracy theories.
And before you ask - No I dont think the moon is made of cheese
Post automatically merged:

I had no option really, Jio whooped the competition's a$$ so bad they were shutting down cell sites to save money.
I don't actually blame anyone for getting Jio when it launched. I only said that because I thought you were saying that Im using Jio myself but complaining about CA.
They didn't write it on their pamphlets that they were going to sell our data or anything. Cant fault people for falling victim to a con unknowingly. Jio actually helped me a lot too. Data prices were just too high. Used to seem so unfair. I remember in 2015 I used to buy 2gb data on my Idea sim for a whole month for rs. 200 and finish it within 5 days. Then used to spend the rest of the month feeling like a dried mackerel buying 50mb data packs just so I could use whatsapp. But Jio came and everyone had to slash their prices. Suddenly within a year I got to use 1gb every single day for the same price.

The only thing that stopped me from buying Jio myself(apart from hatred for Ambanis) was the story of Coke and Pepsi that I had been hearing from my elders for years! How they undercut the prices of all the local soda companies to kill them or buy them out. And then raised the prices as soon as there was no competition left. This is what I thought would happen with Jio too. Everyone, literally EVERYONE was jumping ship.
And now Jio has become like a household name. More than just a telecom company. They think anything Jio has to offer will be of better quality than anything else. A couple of months ago my classmate was saying that he'll get Jio fibre for his home. I asked him why and he said "Its Jio! 100mbps! Who else am I going to go with?". I asked him if he had even checked any other ISPs and he said "who can be better than Jio? Jio is everywhere now"
:banghead:

Last edited:
You're clearly overthinking things. In a phase now perhaps. Happens to me too sometimes. Need to get distracted. And the funniest part is none of my posts were intended for you. :D I mean i didn't even recall what you had posted when i was writing. I just posted those news articles and clearly mentioned that i don't even understand what's going on anymore.

Anyway, the inter-party collaboration angle is pretty obvious if someone's looking at the broader picture. The ruling classes all live by a different set of rules. And the media is definitely biased some way or the other. Oh and every theory that doesn't fit the mainstream narrative and agenda is a conspiracy. Until proven otherwise.

Goddamit, now you got me craving goldspot...

1598039451564.png

Guys guys guys... don’t fight or personalisation of this politics.

Just understand , every company has a product, a value proposition and various channel for marketing. The case with India right now is:

• Company: RSS ( ok BJP if you want a toned down version)
  • Product: Narendra damodardas modi
  • Value prop: religious conflicts, hatred, misdirection form real matters.
  • Marketing tool: various social media, primary Facebook ( including its subsidiaries) and Google.
Facebook is just a company doing their normal business and making profit.
And every organisation use Facebook and its subsidiary to promote their product.
RSS is just one of its customers. It’s different thing that’s one of the subsidiary BJP is in position to manipulate law of the land and exploit for benefits out of general TOC by Facebook and Google.

Google is even bigger evil but no one ever talk about them. The amount of hate speech alone in YouTube is 10x compared to combined Fb ecosystem.

Also, these platforms selling hatred because the common people, masses of India is buying it.

Some random shit making cringe video only contained mother sister swearing has a follower of 25-30m. And is featured in Forbes. And is role model for a big section of society.

Another scumbag got banned in Instagram for hate speech and became headline in newspapers across nation and is the topic of prime time debate.

Education system is already slaughtered in this country, and it’s almost out of reach of common man.
what we see now is just the onset of brainwashed and mentally retarded society who can’t think logically and determine what is good their personal self.

One can hate Facebook and google as much one can, but these will make choices on ones behalf in coming days.

Profit is ok as long as it is held within rules. Agreed, there will be conflict of interest at times and hence slight bending of rule might be a given. But when a party abuses a platform by giving divisive speeches, targeting communities, vitriolic speeches, inciting the public to carry out violence and thereby, threaten the very social fabric of India, that is when the media and party both have crossed it's line.

Any company earning profits through bloodletting, whether directly or indirectly raises profound questions about the integrity and morality of the company. To what extent a company can go to earn profits. Hatebook definitely has blood on their hands.
Any media is used as a medium to communicate with its voters and interact with their party representative. If FB can delete a live video showing killings of Muslims in new Zealand, then why not remove the same when it promotes violence in India.
This is my opinion, not directed at anyone.

Last edited:
Profit is ok as long as it is held within rules. Agreed, there will be conflict of interest at times and hence slight bending of rule might be a given. But when a party abuses a platform by giving divisive speeches, targeting communities, vitriolic speeches, inciting the public to carry out violence and thereby, threaten the very social fabric of India, that is when the media and party both have crossed it's line.

Any company earning profits through bloodletting, whether directly or indirectly raises profound questions about the integrity and morality of the company. To what extent a company can go to earn profits. Hatebook definitely has blood on their hands.
Any media is used as a medium to communicate with its voters and interact with their party representative. If FB can delete a live video showing murder of Muslims in new Zealand, then why not remove the same when it promotes violence in India.
This is my opinion, not directed at anyone.

Can we compare whom do citizens of New Zealand and India choose to rule themselves?
Citizens of both countries are redeeming their karma-rewards.

Honest to goodness, knew nothing about politics in India(except Bengal was ruled by Communist party from before I was born and India by Congress except a brief BJP stint) and in 33 years of existence in India, voted twice, once for the present political party ruling Bengal and once for BJP ( father, grandfather etc.were Communists and they were not ashamed of it)
Being a Hindu, voting for BJP seemed very logical in 2014. Left India in early 2015, many things changed in rapid succession and came to visit India with family for Christmas in 2019 ( still ignorant about the political scenario)
Now a pretty bad incident happened with my partner in Delhi ( smaller scams, little bits and pieces of harassments were happening right from airport prepaid taxi terminal @ Kolkata, but I was not bothered at all, after all it's my country, I'm an Indian by birth...we must be safe here compared to war ravaged east European/ West African countries..)
But the Delhi incident couldn't be ignored and like any middle class Indian without any political connection, police station seemed to be the most logical and safe place ( later learned it should have been the Czech/ Slovak embassy...our passports are of two different countries and in India things are different..)
In a small police station at Ranjith Nagar, first noticed the new face of India, rather the new face of Hindutva...and how much my motherland has changed in less than 5 years (a white woman with a not so white but significantly lighter than common Indian man.... something must be wrong somewhere...it doesn't matter if they have a 4-5 year old kid)
Anyway, our rest of the stay in the national capital was mostly uneventful ( as the people in the hotel and the fantastic NA/ AA community in India were not so concerned about our skin colour, religion, sex life etc.)
That was not related to any political party BUT the India I grew up in has changed....felt the change even more strongly during Corona lockdown, this time around I was much more aware of the political scenario. Despite being out of their physical reach, BJP's IT cell almost destroyed my family life through Twitter.
It's powerful and really dangerous. Call me coward but I ain't gonna criticise Modi and his followers openly online ever again.
What scares me most is the amount of hatred that has grown in last 5-6 years in common people against every other nation/ religion/ colour of skin...this is not the India I knew and loved...it was a nation famous for the diversity, tolerance and peaceful coexistence...that's what I was proud of, that's the picture I painted to my in-laws who have never been out of Europe and were scared for their daughter.

Last edited:
While in India, before falling asleep, our 4 year old always asked , proč vypadám takto? Roughly means why do I look like this?
He barely understand Bangla/ Hindi/ English, but the elders made him believe that he looked abnormal...it bothered the little brain so much...so sad...he's a perfectly fine kid who got his mother's skin and hair colours. Even the kid wasn't spared..

I grew up being taught that secularism is one of the biggest ideals to strive for but whatsapp university has taught me that it is actually spelt sickular and a bad thing.

Ditto the word liberal.

respecting and allowing many different types of beliefs or behaviour
believing in or allowing a lot of personal freedom, and believing that society should change gradually so that money, property, and power are shared more fairly

How the feck is this considered a bad thing?????

Back