CPU/Mobo Poor Asus Service in Kolkata by Rashi Peripherals

ASUS product quality and support feedback.

i will try to maintain my cool and not use any foul words throughout this post.

I bough this M4A785D-M PRO motherboard from a retailer last august.

Soon after 6 months of use, my motherboard died and wouldnt even start.

So, i went on a journey to ASUS support at rashi peripherals, kolkata. After a long time (most of which was spent in listening to unsatisfied returning customers) i got to submit my board.

Now this was exam season and i was having my 2nd sems. After 2 days i went from college directly to rashi. college is more than 40km away. I reached 5mins after 5pm. (after 5 pm they dont interact with customers anymore). They just told me in the most possible rude way to shoo away and not disturb them. I told them i came from college and they wouldnt believe me even when i told them to call my college.

i had to return home dissapointed and go back there the next day.

i reached in time and got my board almost immediately. However had to wait 1hr to have it tested. I really wanted it tested as most of the returned boards (around 60%) were turning out to have problems. (never heard of a company returning damaged goods after RMA)

Fortunately everything seemed okay back then about my board....

Now its been 7 months since the last RMA and its semester time again. I noticed my system is crashing when ever i put 100% load for a couple of minutes.

being a hardware guru, i got my tools. So what i found is unbelievable.

Before i begin let me tell you all settings in BIOS is stock except memory timing(which needs to be set to 533mhz for some reason, to use the full potential of my PC2-8500sticks)

The idle voltage to CPU is 1.37volts. it shows up as 1.34V in speed fan (drop is very marginal).

But when i use prime 95 on it, boom , the voltage drops as low as 1.2V ( i would take a screenshot, but my system crashes)

this isnt the only problem.

i ordered Dirt 3 from flipkar.

i was installed it no problems. Then when i logged in to my live account by creating a new account, and just when it was downloading the profile, suddenly my net stopped working and immediately resumed, but it was showing full usage for no reason ( even though dirt3 and all otehr programs that may use the net was off. even win update is disabled)

so i imediately suspected ISP and gave them poor guys a good verbal thrashing. they came to my place with a laptop, and wow, everything worked normally on it. So i got my friends lan card and finally i knew it was my NIC.

so onboard NIC is ****** as well. my kind friend let me use his LAN card for now. so i went back to finishing the dirt3 setup.

i login to my account, i cant(Says account doesnt exist :O) and i create a new account....again it asks me to enter the code again (i had already done this before the f*ck up) and now it says that the code has been registered to another account.

So what all is my losses?

i have a bad mobo with shit quality VRMs

i have a bad mobo with a bad NIC

i have a new DiRT3 copy that i never got to use.

I have lost 600bucks because of that.

the time wasted in RMAing my board last sem during my exams was to no advantage.

**** YOU ASUS SUPPORT

so friends. whom do i complain to? i really want a compensation for my loss(Regarding DIRT3) and i want a brand new board, no ****** up refurbished ones.

Re: ASUS product quality and support feedback.

something needs to be done bout this .

Rashi support just sucks :mad: . had a hard time replacing my XFX GPU & p5kc mobo .

i got my GPU replaced (brand new Sealed one ) after no more than 7 months . :p

no use cursing Makers , Hell to GOD DAMNED Support people -_- .

Would also be helpful if you let us know what power supply you're using.

Sad to hear this. Well you can demand another model, saying that model itself is faulty. I did that once and got an m4n68T instead of RMAed m2n68, or atleast a sealed new box of same model. You can well, threaten them to complain to higher officials, and ask the names of the officials there. That should do the trick.

AK3D said:
corsair GS600. something you cant call crap :D. im pretty sure its not the PSU. its new. got it in oct.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dOm1naTOr said:
Sad to hear this. Well you can demand another model, saying that model itself is faulty. I did that once and got an m4n68T instead of RMAed m2n68, or atleast a sealed new box of same model. You can well, threaten them to complain to higher officials, and ask the names of the officials there. That should do the trick.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but then i have found Rashi to be a mixed bag of goodies. For me, excellent service both the times, while you got the ragged end. Also, why did you go and RMA it when you had your exams? Unless you need the machine that badly, you should have waited.

Have a chat with bikey. He might help you out. Also, speak to proper ASUS support, not Rashi. Call them up on the phone, and have a chat. It worked wonders for me, got a new router ASAP.

well i got a sealed asus mobo with no clrtc jumper cap.. sealed box guys.. what idiots.. but their vrms are better than msi or gigabyte.. thats why i take it

vivek.krishnan said:
Sorry to hear about your loss, but then i have found Rashi to be a mixed bag of goodies. For me, excellent service both the times, while you got the ragged end. Also, why did you go and RMA it when you had your exams? Unless you need the machine that badly, you should have waited.

Have a chat with bikey. He might help you out. Also, speak to proper ASUS support, not Rashi. Call them up on the phone, and have a chat. It worked wonders for me, got a new router ASAP.

thanks bro can you tell me who this bikey is and get me a number?

Bikenstein -- aka Rishi -- He's not very active these days -- he's got a wealth of knowledge about these things.

the main problem is that new "ASUS express warranty return" program, in these case they have to repair/replace the board to the customer in few hrs time, they just checks for the power up problems or other main problems till they gets the boot screen or the boot process OK, They never checks for any OS errors /BSODs etc.Also in many cases the original part may be replaced by a compatible or lower grade part etc, which in turn makes the problems later.

I dont think that All Rashi Service shops have full motherboard test benchs, they just check the same with basic test programs or some thing else.The Express warranty return programs is introduced to regain the lost board market, but it also made many Asus fans "think BAD".Many Asus repair staff's are even works on basic repair hardwares and even w/o any ESD precautions !!!

But i think that Direct ASUS service shops like in Bangalore are upto the MARK, and in future the same may be available in all cities (or in STATES)!!!!

I don't know where this problem lies ?? Is it with Asus or is it with Rashi :huh: But this seriously starts playing in my mind before buying any Asus product, even though there are many good ones in the market. :eek:hyeah:

amd999 said:
the main problem is that new "ASUS express warranty return" program, in these case they have to repair/replace the board to the customer in few hrs time, they just checks for the power up problems or other main problems till they gets the boot screen or the boot process OK, They never checks for any OS errors /BSODs etc.Also in many cases the original part may be replaced by a compatible or lower grade part etc, which in turn makes the problems later.

I dont think that All Rashi Service shops have full motherboard test benchs, they just check the same with basic test programs or some thing else.The Express warranty return programs is introduced to regain the lost board market, but it also made many Asus fans "think BAD".Many Asus repair staff's are even works on basic repair hardwares and even w/o any ESD precautions !!!

But i think that Direct ASUS service shops like in Bangalore are upto the MARK, and in future the same may be available in all cities (or in STATES)!!!!
Though Asus is trying to improve its after sales support but then there might be some problem with Rashi itself.
What in the world is keeping Asus from having their own after sales support network in India, if that is not possible financially or legally then why not switch to some other distributor other than Rashi if that is the root cause ??

amd999 said:

how can i contact the bangalore asus service center? i am ok with paying shipping, if that means i will actually get a fixed motherboard.

AK3D said:

de.das.dude said:
corsair GS600. something you cant call crap :D. im pretty sure its not the PSU. its new. got it in oct.

Somehow, you never replied to the following posts in your previous thread. :S

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo...ata-rashi-peripherals-189095.html#post1789781

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo...a-rashi-peripherals-189095-2.html#post1791172

Some excerpts-

DarkAngel said:

de.das.dude said:
PSU Frontech 450W - Rs. 500(yes thats right, my gaming rig has it and is awesome, no need for useless costly sh*t)

and try to avoid things made in CHINA :p just a tip :D they tend to screw up faster.

when buying the CPU this is etched on the heatsink, visible from outside the package :D

de.das.dude said:
mine has a 600W, buy anyway frontech does fine. tho i modded it by adding a bottom fan.

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/new-cpu-only-for-office-181923.html#post1693614

oh sorry. anyway major update.
Asus support called me. Rashi peripheral also called me. They were kinda furious. wtf,
maybe because i mentioned i changed to gigabyte in my next builds :D
anyhoo they told me that they will again repair the board when i submit it next time.
i hope they will fix it properly this time.

pegasus said:
no i have a fully modified cabinet that i modified myself. also i had borrowed my bro's cooler master GX 650 (something, dont remember exact) for the OC.

also it was 11C in my room.
google "de.das.dude mod" and you will find my case somewhere.
and i was kinda sleepy and disoriented when i posted taht.

anyhoo i have gained a lot of knowledge afterwards thanks to the good guys at TPU.

and in ref to the last post there in the thread,
when did i say intel i3 is good. im an AMD fanboy, intel is crap LOL. and yes i have been wrong about the core thing.

turns out that DDR3 RAM has better read write performance compared to the l3 cache.

DarkAngel said:
those were on the previous motherboard.

and its been 6 months and my VRMs are failing.

cant even get the 10% OC stable, with compromised memory clocks.

Thankfully rashi service center in bhubaneswar is run by good people,they are quite polite and replaced my asus p7p55d-e without any fuss as it had a bad lan port.

asus support isnt bad. but i dont know why this stuff happened to me, and some other people. really sucks that it did.
its not like i have lost faith in them, i realy want to believe in their services. Its just that i cant, until they prove themselves that they are reliable.

Back