Poor Quality Instagram Stories

Slayer88

Adept
Hi All,

I keep having the issue where my IG stories have really poor image or video clarity. The images I post are very high resolution and look great in the phone's gallery. But the moment I add them to my story, they get really pixelated.

I read that posting too high quality videos or pictures is also a reason I could be facing this. So, i stopped shooting in 4k and uploaded a 1080p video, still the same.
Data saver feature is off
I have read a poor internet connect could cause this, but I have a 100mbps line so thats not it.
I tried adding just the image/video without aby additional GIFs. Audio, Scaling, but nothing seems to help.

My app is up to date. Phone being used is a OnePlus 8 Pro (latest and stock firmware). Non-business account.

any SM gurus here that can suggest what the issue might be?

TIA

Maybe upload in the max resolution IG can display to avoid them recompressing your video.

Same happens on this board also if I upload an image more then it will display and then it recompresses it

Maybe upload in the max resolution IG can display to avoid them recompressing your video.

Same happens on this board also if I upload an image more then it will display and then it recompresses it
Yea, I checked what the file size limits are, I'm well under those.. don't know what else it could be!

The poor image quality is a result of artifacts caused by them recompressing on their side.

Ideally and in theory if you upload in a format they prefer they won't recompress and you end up WYSIWG

Just adding this as i haven’t seen anybody mention it yet, instagram has an option called high quality uploads that you can enable. It has helped me when I had this issue.

Just adding this as i haven’t seen anybody mention it yet, instagram has an option called high quality uploads that you can enable. It has helped me when I had this issue.
Thanks, not sure if it's always been there but i just saw there is a feature called 'Upload at highest quality' where IG will not determine your bandwidth and compress. I've always had a 100mbps connection but still found videos shitty, but then again as per US standards 100mpbs is pretty bad I guess?

Thanks to all who replied earlier. For some reason TE did not notify me and I have just seen them. Cheers!

Back