Post your Rigs !

Nice Can I get link to the wallpaper?

maybe coz of better ssd??

The boot time was similar with 240gb wd green sata ssd only difference was time it took to open apps and loading times i upgraded to 2tb xpg blade s70 like a month ago only
Guys im talking about the time it takes going from the press of the power button to the bios splash/welcome screen.

Our board flashes a orange LED for memory training and white when its successully booted.. shortly after white we will see the bios spash screen and going from the bios welcome/splash screen to windows is as fast as it should be.. thats when the SSd comes into play.

its spending way to much time on memory training.. maybe because i have 64gb's? not sure.. turning on memory context restore in the bios fixes this.. but intel didnt have this issue and from a quick google search this seems to be a AMD specific issue..

With intel my system would goto the windows welcome screen in less than 10-15 secs.

With AMD it gets stuck in the memory training phase for a good 30 sec's and then takes an overall 1minish to reach windows. - just estimates i have not timed it.. but its longer than intel for sure.

Finally, after years and years, upgraded from 2600k to 14700KF. 3090Ti was going through such a huge bottleneck.

Z790H Asus Strix
64 GB DDR5 5200 Mhz
1TB NVMe

Its a stealth looking PC, avoided RGB, as much as I could. Pictures are pending on me.
Congrats!! better post those pics quickly :cool::cool:

Finally, after years and years, upgraded from 2600k to 14700KF. 3090Ti was going through such a huge bottleneck.

Z790H Asus Strix
64 GB DDR5 5200 Mhz
1TB NVMe

Its a stealth looking PC, avoided RGB, as much as I could. Pictures are pending on me.
Congrats on finally giving that GPU some breathing room :joyful:

Z790H Asus Strix
64 GB DDR5 5200 Mhz
1TB NVMe

Nice. 2600k + 3090ti. Cant even imagine. I had a hard time with 3300x and 3080 for many games.

Nice. 2600k + 3090ti. Cant even imagine. I had a hard time with 3300x and 3080 for many games.
While running benchmark for Rise of Tomb Raider at 4k - 4096x2160/DLSS Quality, 3090Ti struggled to give me even 40 frames.
Post the upgrade, without DLSS, same setting and same resolution, I am getting 70+ frames. With DLSS, it goes above 100+.
Congrats on finally giving that GPU some breathing room :joyful:
Its a freaking huge cabinet and also installed 10 Artic non-RGB Silent fans. Cooler is AK620 Digital and 14700 KF at full stress does not goes above 100.
I have not tweaked the voltages yet but using the 14700KF not at 250 Watts just 125 watts.
IMG-20231228-WA0008.jpeg

While running benchmark for Rise of Tomb Raider at 4k - 4096x2160/DLSS Quality, 3090Ti struggled to give me even 40 frames.
Post the upgrade, without DLSS, same setting and same resolution, I am getting 70+ frames. With DLSS, it goes above 100+.

Its a freaking huge cabinet and also installed 10 Artic non-RGB Silent fans. Cooler is AK620 Digital and 14700 KF at full stress does not goes above 100.
I have not tweaked the voltages yet but using the 14700KF not at 250 Watts just 125 watts.View attachment 187817
WoaH, that is a BIG CPU Cooler. The ATX Board looks like mini-ITX under it. What's the RAM Compatibility Situation???

P.S. where's the photo taken, seems like a store???

WoaH, that is a BIG CPU Cooler. The ATX Board looks like mini-ITX under it. What's the RAM Compatibility Situation???

P.S. where's the photo taken, seems like a store???
As a matter of fact, the Motherboard is this - https://rog.asus.com/sg/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z790-h-gaming-wifi-model/
For RAM upgrade, I will have to remove the top lid from this cooler, the display panel. It shows CPU Temp or CPU utilization or both but not at the same time.
After this, remove the fan on top of the RAM and then add 2 more sticks . ;);)

Picture was taken at SCL Gaming, new Banashankari store.

Guys im talking about the time it takes going from the press of the power button to the bios splash/welcome screen.

Our board flashes a orange LED for memory training and white when its successully booted.. shortly after white we will see the bios spash screen and going from the bios welcome/splash screen to windows is as fast as it should be.. thats when the SSd comes into play.
There is another scenario where pc gets stuck at bios splash screen for around 20-25 seconds before moving on to windows loading/booting screen & that happens when the pc is connected to too many usb external drives.

In the past, the CPU struggled to fulfill the GPU's desires, but now it seems the tables have turned, and the CPU is consistently dominating the GPU.
Things like reflex work best when we are gpu bound, so its good.

Tables do turn in married life..
It was a showdown between wedded bliss and the bachelor pad lifestyle. The 3090Ti strutted in as the hotshot spouse, while the 2600k took on the role of an antiquated partner grappling with some performance hiccups. Meanwhile, the 14700KF waltzed in like the fitness guru of husbands, flaunting its chiseled abs and stealing the spotlight. 2600K was like a sugar-daddy more or less!

I am amazed where this conversation is headed towards.

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Waiting for my table to turn. :hilarious:
Dont wait, just do it !

Guardians Of The Galaxy Wink GIF

Things like reflex work best when we are gpu bound, so its good.

This feature, I am not using it. Not using the frame generation too. Probably with High end GPU, may not be needed for now.

Fractal Design Define R6

1707318637421.jpeg
Great to see All Noctua fans build!
You can cut down two fans: The first top mounted which sucks away the fresh incoming air and the third cooler-mounted fan. The third fan might provide a 1-2 degree lower temps but if no gap is provided it creates a buzzing noise on full tilt.
(Also the gpu sag...)

Back