Power Strip that can support Fridge

raksrules

Elite
I want to buy a power strip to which I intend to connect the following 5 things..

LG Double Door fridge (360L)
Wifi Router
Fiber Modem
Raspberry Pi
iPad (24x7..sort of)

I would prefer the power strip with individual switches. I am just not sure if connecting fridge may be an issue or not. I have no idea about amperage etc of the Fridge. No idea about watts too. Not sure how to find. I am attaching pic of a label from behind the Fridge.

Can anyone suggest a good power strip for this purpose?

IMG_0159.jpg

LG Double Door fridge (360L) = 144-160W
Wifi Router : 24W Max
Fiber Modem: 12W Max
Raspberry Pi: 16W Max
iPad (24x7..sort of): ~ 10W

So all together it's ~300-350W.

Given the low wattage it looks like a inverter refrigerator (pls confirm) - in that case you should be able to use most extensions for PC.
You should have one with a circuit breaker to be on the safer side.

I have used these extensions with individual switches and circuit breakers.

You may need a 16AMP converter.

@skt907

Yes it is indeed inverter fridge. Also the last line you listed 16 AMP Converter, is that really needed since I checked my fridge's power cable 3 pin plug and it is regular size and not those thick ones and it has 6A 250V written on it.

Take power strip ratings with a pinch of salt .
The wire used inside the power strip to connect to the wall socket is always inferior , also the 3 pin socket used in the power strip is also inferior to most isi branded wall sockets , hence use with ample caution as fridge stays on 24×7 .
If you cannot do without a wall socket , ask your electrician to build one with quality polycab wire and very good quality switches and sockets .
Just my 2 cents .
Cheers Ankush !

You can buy the Belkin ones, they have supported a continuous power output of 1200-1400 watts for days on end in hot and humid conditions
they lack individual switches though

Can't you get a really good one made locally. Use good quality components. That is the only thing you can really customize and it will be much better quality than you can get prebuilt.

So now that I know that the fridge uses 6A, can I buy a power strip that supports max 10A?

I have a 3A USB adapter for Raspberry Pi so does it mean it will take up 3A current? And does it mean total 9A is consumed by only my fridge and RPi?

So now that I know that the fridge uses 6A, can I buy a power strip that supports max 10A?

I have a 3A USB adapter for Raspberry Pi so does it mean it will take up 3A current? And does it mean total 9A is consumed by only my fridge and RPi?
It will output 3amps @5v or 12 v

Take power strip ratings with a pinch of salt .
The wire used inside the power strip to connect to the wall socket is always inferior , also the 3 pin socket used in the power strip is also inferior to most isi branded wall sockets , hence use with ample caution as fridge stays on 24×7 .
If you cannot do without a wall socket , ask your electrician to build one with quality polycab wire and very good quality switches and sockets .
Just my 2 cents .
Cheers Ankush !
You're right most generic power strips are useless even those with good looking metal build.
but I think some good products are also available. These new refrigerators require lower power than those old school fridges, they even work with double battery inverters. Certainly it's good idea to get a custom build if you've ample time.

get vguard stabilizer for refrigerator or any other .
Very good suggestion, stabilizer is good but these new refrigerators comes with in built stabilizer, not sure about all.
Surely it's recommended it you're facing heavy fluctuations.

You can try this. It's ok for your requirements -

Tuscan 5meter
or
Tuscan 3meter
or
Tuscan 4 Socket

I got three of these, 1x5m and 2x3meter variant. Using these since last 5-7 years.
Running my desktop with router onu and 43"tv on one of these.
Running 43" tv and set top box with various phone chargers , hair dryer and hair epilators all together on other one.
Though it's plastic like others but quality is very good.
Rated for a total load of 2500W 10A. Cable is thick and you can also plug in different country plugs.
(probably you won't require that 16 to 6A converter, I guess you 've already figured out yourself).
Over all good quality with individual switches and surely will serve your purpose.
Choose required cable length as per your requirements and also look at Amazon for 50-100 Rs. price difference.

P_20210814_084837.jpg

So I ordered the Tuscan brand power strip from amazon and the seller is "Universal Plastics". It is the same seller on flipkart too. I got it today but they sent me the wrong one. I ordered the model# TSC-035 which is rated at 10A/2500W while I got TG-035 which is 6A/1500W. I have initiated return amazon and have asked seller question through their system on what will happen if I order again and how to make sure I get right one.

So I ordered the Tuscan brand power strip from amazon and the seller is "Universal Plastics". It is the same seller on flipkart too. I got it today but they sent me the wrong one. I ordered the model# TSC-035 which is rated at 10A/2500W while I got TG-035 which is 6A/1500W. I have initiated return amazon and have asked seller question through their system on what will happen if I order again and how to make sure I get right one.
Buy from fkart.
I got mine from Flipkart and my other two units from eBay India. Seller was same at fkart. universal plastics. Maybe mistakenly shipped the wrong item

Back