PC Peripherals Power Supply Issues

Hi , Yes accelfrontline is the service center for Transced. In Mumbai, the service on Lamington Road is where we have to go

They have given me estimate replacement time of 3 to 6 months for a DDR2 Ram chip. They areputting blame on Transcend saying replacements don't come on time.

Whatever the case, if the waiting period is so long its better to stay away from Transcend

Lets hope for the best

^^Transcend have eroded their name in A.S.S. since couple of years now. Also DDR2 is quite old tech but 3 to 6 months is exorbitant. Better idea would be to either buy used working RAM and sell off current when it returns from RMA or upgrade to DDR3, if circumstances allow.

ddr2 isnt mass manufactured anymore so availability and price is bad.
That being said, whether they don't have stock or are just being slow is pointless since 3-6 months is waaaay too long.
My suggestions are the same as vyral. get another dimm for now and move over to a fresher platform later on (ddr4 is slowly trickling it's way to the mainstream).

Sorry guys
My mistake, really sorry

Its a DDR3 RAM 4gb

I always buy 2 slots, so incase something like this happens I am not stranded and I can still run my pc

I had 4gb X 2 out of which 1 chip conked off

But for future I will stay away with Transcend.

I am in touch with Transcend HO. Lets hope writing to them can speed up the process

3-6 months to replace a ddr3 dimm!?!?!?! that's ridiculous - what are they building a new fab plant to make the replacement?!?!?!
Corsair tried to rip off a TE member over his psu so they're out as well.
Is kingston any better than the above 2?

Last edited:
If corsair is dishing such service I dont know what to expect from others

Corsair is one of the most well know brands with serious PC building guys. We all surely pay a premium and mainly its for peace of mind

I think any foreign brand when it comes to india, their work ethics change automatically

Same goes for VW, its subsidiaries like Skoda, Audi
Even Mercedes and bmw is the same boat

Worst is Jaguar / Land rover. The parent company is indian and still we are treated like dogs

I know of a person who paid 1 crore plus for a Discovery and is fighting with the company since 1 year for replacement as the car has major issues and he was saved by a whisker during several occasions. While driving the car simply shuts down

In Ram's country everything is RAM BHAROSE

All we need is strong laws protecting customers

Best case where a company is taking advantage of laws in country is when VW announced recall of its car with certain type of DSG gearboxes were failing. Recall was done in china. When VW was asked why not in india as in india also certain models sold with same gearbox. Answer by VW was that "cars sold in india not affected where as you ask any skoda / vw / audi owner having a DSG equipped car, 70 percent cars have a failed gearbox within 2 to 4 years

Its a manufacturing issue or design flaw which leads to such failures but no law in India to save customer where as in CHINA there is a watch dog keeping eye on such issues and if company does not take appropriate action they are fined heavily

Corsair is ok w.r.t. their turnaround times - I think you usually get a replacement within a week or so.
Its just their PSU division that has been taken over by the bean counters and their lineup has been replaced with lot of sub-par models. I think the RAM division should be ok.

I know of a person who paid 1 crore plus for a Discovery and is fighting with the company since 1 year for replacement as the car has major issues and he was saved by a whisker during several occasions. While driving the car simply shuts down
Is this the one where the steering wheel locked up while he was driving?

Back