Pramod Mahajan: 1949-2006

knoughtyd

Skilled
pramodmahajanobit7va.jpg
1949-2006

BJP General Secretary Mr.Pramod Mahajan passed away this afternoon at Mumbai's Hinduja Hospital following multiple organ failure.Mr Pramod Mahajan,56, breathed his last at 4:10 pm ,while trying to win a lossing battle at Hinduja Hospital after his condition took a turn for the worst.Mahajan's health worsened due to acute respiratory disorder and he suffered multiple organ failure.

Mr Pramod Mahajan,56, who was shot and grievously wounded by his youngest brother Pravin on the morning of 22 April after an argument at the BJP leader's apartment in Mumbai's upscale Worli area, had remained in a critical condition ever since the attack 11 days ago.Mr.Mahajan had undergone three surgeries in the last 11 days.All vital organs of Mahajan were on artificial support system since day one.He was constantly on ventilator and dialysis support.Mahajan still had three bullets embedded in his body and they seemed to have caused extensive damage to his vital organs.

Mr.Pramod Mahajan had seemingly showed some improvement in the past few days at the P.D. Hinduja Hospital, but his condition deteriorated suddenly on Tuesday night,which became more and more difficult to contain for the doctors attending on him.In a last-ditch effort, the doctors at Hinduja hospital had conducted a Bronchoscopy on 56-year-old Mahajan earlier on Tuesday to identify the cause of his airway problems such as bleeding, difficulty in breathing or inflammation from other lung diseases.

Mr.Mahajan was BJP General Secretary and an important second generation leader of the party. An astute politician, he was the Information Technology minister during NDA rule.Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee had even stated tat he was the Laxman of BJP ,with Mr.Advani being the Ram.He was considered a master strategist in the BJP and outside.His loss is a huge blow to BJP.

I am deeply sad and my heartly condolences go out to Mr Pramod Mahajan's family ......and may His soul Rest in Peace......

Bah..

Rest in Piece..

1 of the FEW good politicians we had and he was Shot by his brothers.

Tells you a lot about Indian Politics...

Brother ends Brother's life! We call India a country inherent of exquisite culture and traditions whereas in the same country rivalry within siblings can extend to undesirable and unpredictable results. What invokes them to raise such a step no-one knows, but surely had they thought of this destructive end before taking it?

This reminds of a quote made by Carlton Simon
When emotions and impulse have lost their impetus our actions should stay within the limits of reason

Heres payin homage to the worthy person ...

I wish his family all the best.

No matter what people say, he was a good leader, and its extremely unfortunate he had his life ended in such circumstances...

Hope his soul rests in peace..

Well to be honest with U.. India's culture & inheritance has nothing to do with it. It was a mere case of inferiority complex or probably insanity & no matter how big a country is in its values & culture such things cannot be avoided, infact the vastness of the country makes it much more vulnerable to the diverse kind of people u can find in it.. Neverthless.. May his soul rest in peace..

Yeah... you may be right on that, but he was not like others... I mean he was well-educated and was much better then our usual (criminal record holder and not even graduate) politicians.

Hope his soul rests in peace.. even with skeletons in the closet(s)!

Harshal said:
Yeah... you may be right on that, but he was not like others... I mean he was well-educated and was much better then our usual (criminal record holder and not even graduate) politicians.

Hope his soul rests in peace.. even with skeletons in the closet(s)!

Exactly..... He was tech savvy and smart.... I liked him..... He sure was corrupt and all, but I liked him :p ....

Wraith said:
All politicians have skeletons in the closet....but Pramod Mahajan was atleast in tune with the times...

So true....

I don't care a damn that he passed away. One less corrupt politician to worry for.

Then please dont post in this thread....u dont need to be so arrogant!

All politicians have skeletons in the closet....but Pramod Mahajan was atleast in tune with the times...
All i wanna say is may he rest in peace...
OT : But i guess Chaos n appolyon shld be warned under the "Public Warning For Certain Members" for their insensitive and totally useless remarks in this thread...n yeah they are just spamming here!

I'd like to see some action being taken!

may his soul rip .. he was dynamic n tech savvy .. brought the mobile revoultion in india .. and i dont care if he was corrupt or anything .. he was better than the rest anyday.

my deep sorrows for him.

may his soul rest in piece.

he was the only politician till date (i know of) (there may be more but i do not know) who effortlessly accepted on record the defeat in the 2004 general elections. (IIRC at that point of time pranav roy congratulated him that this has not happened in indian politics.)

BJP will feel heat as he was their main relations development person as well as fund raiser.

ohh my post got deleted........ so i stick to the topic......

rip mr mahajan,.............

wht i lik abt him was his rise frm a poor family child to b of this level........

i was thinking if he had survived....he could have beenthe next pm of the country..........

deepest condolence with his families......

I am glad thread was cleaned.

He was a good man. had chance to meet him personally 2 times due to different reasons and conditions.

This is really sad news, Maharashtra and India lost one of the modern mentality politician.

One of the few who would have made good PM one day. May his soul be where he wish ( I dont like concept of R.I.P as i wont like to R.I.P :p ).

My condolences to Mahajan family.

the only thing i liked about him was his oratory skills. saved BJP's a$$ many a times with his quick wit and terse replies. BJP has lost a great speaker. may his soul rest in peace.

Another sad loss for the BJP....

They better do something quick and rejuvenate the party otherwise the country will goto hell.....51% reservations.....Islamic terrorism...maybe its time for the RSS and VHP to come to the BJP's aid big time.

Back