Precision screwdriver set

12k is not high, it's plain absurd. Wtf is wrong with this pricing. Anyway I have been looking for a precision set for a long while. Bought stanley, taparia all, all rubbish. If there's a really good one within 1k-2k budget please mention.
Taparia you wouldn't believe are the good ones in India (Started in 1968) anything else would be just worse. I mean the 6-driver set mentioned above by @Ssreek and me is a good choice. Remember you are not supposed to open regular screws with precision ones even if they fit, it's both size and torque that determines the type of screwdriver to use.

12k is not high, it's plain absurd. Wtf is wrong with this pricing. Anyway I have been looking for a precision set for a long while. Bought stanley, taparia all, all rubbish. If there's a really good one within 1k-2k budget please mention.
Probably import duty makes that pricing. I wonder why they don't collaborate here in India and manufacture here and sell them. Screwdriver are now one of the basic tools, having a good one is very crucial in many situations.
Taparia you wouldn't believe are the good ones in India (Started in 1968) anything else would be just worse. I mean the 6-driver set mentioned above by @Ssreek and me is a good choice. Remember you are not supposed to open regular screws with precision ones even if they fit, it's both size and torque that determines the type of screwdriver to use.
I need them mostly for laptop and mobile repairing. Mobile screws are not that tough but some screws in laptops are really pressed. The one I am struggling with a laptop didn't even budge. I will give Stanley a try, else I have to disintegrate the screw by drilling it out, which is the last option.

Last edited:
Probably import duty makes that pricing. I wonder why they don't collaborate here in India and manufacture here and sell them. Screwdriver are now one of the basic tools, having a good one is very crucial in many situations.

I need them mostly for laptop and mobile repairing. Mobile screws are not that tough but some screws in laptops are really pressed. The one I am struggling with a laptop didn't even budge. I will give Stanley a try, else I have to disintegrate the screw by drilling it out, which is the last option.
I hope you already know this but if a screw is that tight, it means it's not just plain plastic thread but a brass bush (common in laptops), just use a small amount of WD40 and keep it for 15 minutes I am 99.9 percent sure it will come out easily. And don't worry WD 40 is dielectric, so it won't hurt electronics not that it will go anywhere near anything.

I hope you already know this but if a screw is that tight, it means it's not just plain plastic thread but a brass bush (common in laptops), just use a small amount of WD40 and keep it for 15 minutes I am 99.9 percent sure it will come out easily. And don't worry WD 40 is dielectric, so it won't hurt electronics not that it will go anywhere near anything.
Yes it's a brass bush, plastic ones couldn't handle that force. It broke away from the body along with the screw. Thanks for the WD-40 tip.

Yes it's a brass bush, plastic ones couldn't handle that force. It broke away from the body along with the screw. Thanks for the WD-40 tip.
And remember this my brother....:cool::p

6ab99cf775e9bb3640bd6bee519fb510.jpg

> I wonder why they don't collaborate here in India and manufacture here and sell them. Screwdriver are now one of the basic tools

They have good business in the USA and they are not a billion dollar corp. why will they expand in a country on the other side of the globe only to get into a race to the bottom with 20 other garbage companies?

And you probably don't need the expanded ifixit kit with tweezers, anti static wrist band and all that. The mako or moray may be sufficient. https://www.ifixit.com/products/mako-driver-kit-64-precision-bits https://www.ifixit.com/products/moray-driver-kit

> I wonder why they don't collaborate here in India and manufacture here and sell them. Screwdriver are now one of the basic tools

They have good business in the USA and they are not a billion dollar corp. why will they expand in a country on the other side of the globe only to get into a race to the bottom with 20 other garbage companies?

And you probably don't need the expanded ifixit kit with tweezers, anti static wrist band and all that. The mako or moray may be sufficient. https://www.ifixit.com/products/mako-driver-kit-64-precision-bits https://www.ifixit.com/products/moray-driver-kit
I think Mako or Moray toolkits are also unavailable here. I believe getting a good screwdriver is a trail-and-hit thing. You need to test many to get a few worth keeping for.

It is also in my cart, review is also good. Still not sure how their claim stands in reality. As a matter of fact very few good quality screwdriver sets are available. Cheap ones have flooded the market.

I have the smaller version of this (24 bits) and it's good. It's rebranded chinese stuff of course but it's not as bad as those ultra cheap yellow-orange jackly ones. The machining is precise and the hardness and surface finish of the bits is decent. Can recommend.
Also since they are all rebranded, you can find the same thing cheaper like this one. In fact my when I removed the Tukzer sticker it said "Tizum" which is another brand I've seen on amazon.

I won't recommend a 62+ set of one screwdriver why? well, I love tools and over the years have accumulated a lot of them, precision, hand, and power tools. Get a set of 25-30 bits for precision work. For PC you don't need a precision set, all you need is a PH1-PH2 screwdriver with a long shaft and that's it. Precision drivers don't have a long arm and are a pain.

So a set of 25-30 bits for precision and a set of 30+ for regular work with Cr-V or S2 steel bits and a shaft that won't give way if you use it a bit roughly. Also, buy a ratchet driver, don't worry about the bits, standard bits are generally 1/4" so you can use them interchangeably.
Thanks for details, never had such idea/information, can you suggest best ?
Set which can handle all PC work and sometimes (in rare cases) able to open mobile too.

Yes, import duty, along with their profits and some excess I guess.
Our market is too low for such screwdrivers, I mean 50$ kit would cost 4-5k and I don't think regular people would spend that much on a screwdriver/precision tools kit. They could only depend on service centers to use their kits, but I doubt even those service centers would spend that much on every kit.

And don't worry WD 40 is dielectric, so it won't hurt electronics not that it will go anywhere near anything.
But it is flammable, isn't it?

I have the smaller version of this (24 bits) and it's good. It's rebranded chinese stuff of course but it's not as bad as those ultra cheap yellow-orange jackly ones. The machining is precise and the hardness and surface finish of the bits is decent. Can recommend.
Also since they are all rebranded, you can find the same thing cheaper like this one. In fact my when I removed the Tukzer sticker it said "Tizum" which is another brand I've seen on amazon.

xiaomi used to sell this type one for around 1k.

Yes, import duty, along with their profits and some excess I guess.
Our market is too low for such screwdrivers, I mean 50$ kit would cost 4-5k and I don't think regular people would spend that much on a screwdriver/precision tools kit. They could only depend on service centers to use their kits, but I doubt even those service centers would spend that much on every kit.

But it is flammable, isn't it?

xiaomi used to sell this type one for around 1k.
Flammable, everything is flammable If you have enough Fire :p. Jokes apart yeah it is but unless you are bringing a lit match near it, it's a non-issue. I use WD-40 on old GPUs with rusted screws/backplates just to prevent and clean rust for years now.
Thanks for details, never had such idea/information, can you suggest best ?
Set which can handle all PC work and sometimes (in rare cases) able to open mobile too.
Get the 6 Stanley set for precision and this

Why? This is cheap and helps with PC stuff. I have a lot of costly screwdriver sets but damn these long basic PH1/PH2 bring such a Quality of Life improvement that normal screwdriver with 1/4" bits just don't.

If you open a lot of obscure and old stuff get the Mi/Tuzker or the Ingco one I shared as a backup as they contain some of the less-used bits. And that's all you need.

Flammable, everything is flammable If you have enough Fire :p. Jokes apart yeah it is but unless you are bringing a lit match near it, it's a non-issue. I use WD-40 on old GPUs with rusted screws/backplates just to prevent and clean rust for years now.
What I usually doubt is, let's say we apply wd40 to some screw and once u switch the device on, there is some spark...Would it be on fire?

----------------------------
Found this, looks interesting, but no reviews yet.

I have no idea what those 2 "Image capturing key" means, pointed out in the pics.

What I usually doubt is, let's say we apply wd40 to some screw and once u switch the device on, there is some spark...Would it be on fire?

----------------------------
Found this, looks interesting, but no reviews yet.

I have no idea what those 2 "Image capturing key" means, pointed out in the pics.
Nope, it's not Petrol if you give it some time to dry, and you use like half a drop on a screw that dries up in 2-3 min so even if you take a lit match near it, it won't catch fire cuz there is not enough left. And it's officially recommended for circuits and electric panels. Just leave it for 15-20 mins (to be extra-extra sure) and it's fine I mean..... like industry standard fine.

It's only dangerous right out of the can but once the flammable part evaporates which it does quickly all you are left with is a machine oil mixture.

@Ssreek
There is https://www.wd40.com/products/contact-cleaner/
for the purpose, which is meant to clean electronics.

If there is spark, its going to be a problem afaik.
This if you are bit paranoid but normal one works too.

Last edited:
Back