"Premium" Android phone under 20K

agantuk

Skilled
This is for a friend of mine, neither a geek nor a noob, wants a fast phone with good display and battery life. Does not game a lot, but good to have a phone which can do so if required.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 20K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: LCD, AMOLED - more specifically, the best possible display in this budget

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Indian brands

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Good camera with flash, not in the mp game, clarity important

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, second choice Windows

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls, mails and internet

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Good battery life is required. Currently owns a HTC (don't remember the name) which sold for around 18K a couple of years back, and has terrible battery life like most HTC phones. Open to purchase from US

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None

Ok, so can share that link of 16gb One X :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so it's a dual core version you are talking about.
Yes, the dual core version. In any case, if given a choice, I would buy a One X Krait version over a Tegra 3 version simply because of the better audio quality and significantly better battery life. The only con is that the Krait one comes with 16GB of non-expandable storage.
So, a concoction of the 2 is what we need.. An HTC One XL(32GB+Krait+no carrier branding)..but then its much more expensive than the 16gigs version.

2kool2btrue : Yeah S4 Krait based one x seems better in nearly every aspect and do has better battery life also, guess i have found a worthy upgrade to my nexus.

Bro Im getting one X 16GB for 25K from the grey market....Is it a good deal or should I go for some other phone and what should I look out for before buying a piece from the grey market?

Bro Im getting one X 16GB for 25K from the grey market ie without bill....Is it a good deal or should I choose another phone and what should I look out for before purchasing a product from the grey market?

My friend has decided (or rather I on behalf of him did) to go for the One X from US.
@2kool2btrue - GSM Arena says this particular model doesn't have an FM. True? As also no expandable storage? Such a downer if true.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend has decided (or rather I on behalf of him did) to go for the One X from US.
2kool2btrue - GSM Arena says this particular model doesn't have an FM. True? As also no expandable storage? Such a downer if true.
About the expandable storage, they're right. It comes with 16GB of fixed storage out of which 2GB is reserved for Apps and ~10GB is available for media files. No microSD slot, sorry!
Now coming to the FM radio part for which GSMArena is again right. It lacks an FM radio OOB. Somehow, AT&T has asked HTC to rid the one X of offline FM radio so that they can earn money through TuneIn radio(as it would chew more data). BUT! (Here comes the interesting part) HTC has only removed the FM Radio App. The hardware is still intact, so if you can push the FM Radio apk file to the system directory and re-write the permissions, you'll have a working FM Radio. It requires root (which I think you would convince your friend for, anyway).
Here is the relevant thread regarding the same - [MOD] Enable FM Radio - xda-developers
Good Choice btw :)

@Nalin - Yes, game data is installed on the remaining 10GB space. 2GB is ample amount of space for apps otherwise. I have nearly 40 apps installed on my GS2 and it still uses around 1.3GB of space. Hope that helps! Did you too, i'm hoping not, buy a One X? agantuk - I haven't heard/read of any. Its a pretty solid device overall(if only you can live with the 16GB fixed storage) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back