Prey Gone Gold & Demo Performance Analysis

Switch

Skilled
Prey Gone Gold. Will be available on shelves on July the 10th.

Click on the link for more details.

Also Prey Demo gameplay graphics performance

Those who are too lazy to check the Performance article here is the conclusion.

Conclusions

It may have been an exceedingly long time in coming, but now that Prey is finally here it's no slouch in the graphics quality department, seemingly taking the Doom 3 engine further than its predecessors both in the level of detail on offer and the more extensive use of fragment shaders to do an impressive job of creating the vile, twisted and surreal world which you find yourself thrown into in the demo of the game.

Despite all this, it still turns in a good performance pretty much across the gamut of the boards we have tested it with today - Certainly, it seems that if you have pretty much any current generation video card you should be able to eke decent performance out of it with all of the graphical details turned on, selecting the right resolution dependant on the performance level of the board naturally. Overall, performance is looking like it'll come in lower than what you will see on these same graphics boards in Doom 3 and Quake 4, but not to the point of making the game unplayable by any means.

As a final point, I have to make a brief reference to the fact that if the full game of Prey can keep up the level of playability demonstrated in this demo, then it's looking to be a superb game as first-person shooters go. As soon as the full game is released next month we'll hopefully be taking a look at it here at Elite Bastards, and provided the timedemo functionality is working in the final release it'll most likely be taking Quake 4's place in our graphics card benchmarking suite. Watch this space...

Basically at 1280 Res X1900XTX tops the charts followed by 7900GTX and then 7900GT. The game gives decent FPS even on a 6600GT but at 1024 Res and AA and AF off.

All in all try the demo. Game surely is fun and seems promising. If your Rig handled DOOM III well then this game will give almost similar performance.

Click here for demo

Did not get time to try the multiplayer but i am sure it will be kick ass... Imagine aiming and killing somebody upside down...

The game is already in hands of select few... The game is approx 1.5 Gigs in Size... Thats small compared to other current games... The game lasts about 6 hours according to few ppl who have already finished it... And the stupid thing took almost 8 yrs to make :S...

^^that is not the retail release switch. it is the gold release, same version as the demo & it has some bugs & random hang ups.

Ohhh... Thats the reasone... Well messa waiting for 10th... Will buy this for sure... Life upside down would be good...

Switch said:
Ohhh... Thats the reasone... Well messa waiting for 10th... Will buy this for sure... Life upside down would be good...

Now if you read that in the right context, switch you have a dirty mind :rofl:

Well if they say its the GOLD version its a good one, it worked great on my system and the story seemed to add up well. If the "Retail" version is bigger then this, then damn aint that a treat for me. Cant wait to play this game with more levels..

there is a huge diff in my performance in Doom3 and Quake 4 on a 6600gt and you say that Prey will be ok if Doom3 ran well, this didn't happen to me with quake 4 atleast.

did you see that all this was on amd 64 3500, now nobody can tell me that I need to get a fast cpu to paly latest games at all max.

techboy said:
there is a huge diff in my performance in Doom3 and Quake 4 on a 6600gt and you say that Prey will be ok if Doom3 ran well, this didn't happen to me with quake 4 atleast.

did you see that all this was on amd 64 3500, now nobody can tell me that I need to get a fast cpu to paly latest games at all max.
LOL on my old 9800 pro rig, Quake4 ran better at high quality than doom ever did :p.

techboy said:

boss.... why ... why do u eat our brains with repeated NO BRAIN arguments? please think before speaking....

Back