CPU/Mobo Price of Intel Q9XXX / Extreme versions in Nehru place

Re: HD 5970 underperformance !!

^^ Correct. Try with 10.4 for starters.

Also try one thing, launch Riva Tuner, and see how much the cores are being stressed for the VGA.

Now the problem is real. I was barely getting 40 fps in crysis warhead at 1920x1080 at gamer settings.

Disable AA and try(edit the config.ini and use EDGE AA)

EDGE AA offers better quality w/o that much performance drop.

I guess u havent bought this card from Cost to Cost, NP...

and if its bought from there do check its authenticity..

I've reinstalled the 10.4 drivers.
Let me tell you the whole story first. I have 3 hd 5970s, two of them are from the U.S. xfx black edition. They are performing wonderfully.
The one i have a problem with is sapphire and i bought it from computer empire, its seal was broken but I trust that dealer.
That same day when I started it, I found out the fan was faulty!!!! , so i got that replaced the other day.
After that, just to be confident i tested it on my 980x at 4.4Ghz and its score was 555 in heaven benchmark, so this card is performing at par in that setup, but not with the q6600 :no:.
And the main thing is that with increase in overclock of the q6600, the card's performance also increases,
that's why i thought maybe a better core will help.
AND I'm sorry for my first post, I did'nt gave any info at all !!. It was just in a hurry :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I tried furmark multi gpu test, it was giving 39% stress on both at 1080i.

Furmark should stress both cores close to 100%. Something is wrong. The processor could be holding the card back, but not so much.

on overclocking the q6600 to 3.4Ghz (more than that is not stable) gets a max to 50%.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

divaykaushik said:
on overclocking the q6600 to 3.4Ghz (more than that is not stable) gets a max to 50%.
What do you think the problem is????:huh:

Well then two options are: -

go for i7

i7 920

6gb dominator or xsm3 1600mhz,(any suggestions ??)

gigabyte ud3r or msi elipse

OR

q9550

Please tell me what would be their prices in nehru place.

Just for the record, the huge bottleneck was created because the core was faulty and running a lot hotter.

I loved it because it gave me an excuse to bring another pc into my collection!!!!

labrodor100 said:
^^even a dual core above 3.5 ghz doesnt bottle neck a 5970

theres no way a quadcore will bottle neck a 5970 at any speed above 2.0 - 2.2 ghz
LOL.. With a quad @ 2.4 GHz, you would not even see any difference between a HD 5870 and a HD5970. With a 9xxx series quad core processor, you would need the CPU to be clocked at 3.5GHz+ to get the second GPU utilized properly and that was on my HD4850 crossfire setup leave alone a HD5970. In fact even a single HD5870 would scale up decently if you increase the clock. i7 is considerably faster at the same clocks, so something like 3.5GHz on Q9xxx is like 2.6~2.8GHz on an i7.

@OP: I would strongly suggest an upgrade to i7 series if you really want to upgrade CPU. A new Q9xxx does not make sense at this point. Go for a used CPU if you want a Q9xxx.

Back