Price updates from Lamington Road (Mumbai)

Got
Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000M001 @ 5.4K + Credit Card charges = 5.5K

These guys still charge CC charges extra! Didn't have time to haggle and had already got two quotes from Cassette World and Mccann for 5550 and 5500 respectively so just went with this one.

Got quotes for
Corsair CX v2 600W @ 4.1K (Seasonic S12-II 520W wasn't available with him)
Asus GTX660 2GB @15.75K (wanted Gigabyte but was not available)

Didn't have time so did not go to check with Prime and theitwares/elounge but would the prices be very different?
I has been a long time since I last went to Lamington road, but the prices seem closer to the online(Flipkart) prices now.
I could as well have ordered the Seagate 2TB barracuda from Flipkart at 5.8K instead of the 5.5K and saved on the travelling hassle and expenses.

Got
Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000M001 @ 5.4K + Credit Card charges = 5.5K

These guys still charge CC charges extra! Didn't have time to haggle and had already got two quotes from Cassette World and Mccann for 5550 and 5500 respectively so just went with this one.

Got quotes for
Corsair CX v2 600W @ 4.1K (Seasonic S12-II 520W wasn't available with him)
Asus GTX660 2GB @15.75K (wanted Gigabyte but was not available)

Didn't have time so did not go to check with Prime and theitwares/elounge but would the prices be very different?
I has been a long time since I last went to Lamington road, but the prices seem closer to the online(Flipkart) prices now.
I could as well have ordered the Seagate 2TB barracuda from Flipkart at 5.8K instead of the 5.5K and saved on the travelling hassle and expenses.

Get gigabyte 660 from flipkart itself ... prime is also charging same price i inquired myself last week.

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5 GV-N660OC-2GD Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

Seasonic 520W is available with theitwares for 4.4.k
SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Get gigabyte 660 from flipkart itself ... prime is also charging same price i inquired myself last week.

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5 GV-N660OC-2GD Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

Seasonic 520W is available with theitwares for 4.4.k
SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Yes I know the Gigabyte GTX660 is available on FK at about the same price, was hoping that there would be some appreciable difference in the price at Lamington road. It has been a long time since I last went to Lamington road and the prices now are much closer to the online prices. Heck, I spent 200 bucks on taxi to get there; add a little more to that and I could have just ordered it from Flipkart with free transit insurance and shipping.

As for the Seasonic S12-II 520W, you can get it at 3.9K+shipping at theitdepot.com. This would be an excellant deal for people staying near Chennai; for the rest of us, shipping costs kill the deal.

Can anybody tell me the prices of below Components ?

• CPU - Intel Core-i5 3570K
  • Motherboard - ASUS P8B75-V
  • GPU - Asus/Supphire HD7850-GDDR5 – 1Gb/2Gb
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance Red 8 Gb 1600Mz or Corsair Dominator 8 Gb (4 x 2) 1600 Mhz
  • SMPS - Corsair GS700 / Corsair TX650
  • Cabinet - CM Elite 431 Plus / Corsair Carbide 400R / NZXT Tempest 410

Assembled a PC for my boss yesterday. The components were sourced from Prime and they shipped it via FedEx. Reached us within a day. The breakdown is in the attachment.

I am impressed with the HD2500 iGPU. Played all the 1080p files we threw at it flawlessly. Looks like the iGPU has come a long way. Right now we've shelved the plans for getting an external GPU. Might plonk in an SSD sooner or later though. :p

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 325
Want to buy 3 External HDDs(1x320GB, 2x250GB) for a friend today eve, no time for online shopping...

Any price updates/shop details from Mumbai are welcome...staying at Dahisar so the nearer the better...

Thanks in advance guys!

Want to buy 3 External HDDs(1x320GB, 2x250GB) for a friend today eve, no time for online shopping...

Any price updates/shop details from Mumbai are welcome...staying at Dahisar so the nearer the better...

Thanks in advance guys!

Check out at Indraprastha (outside Borivli west station area) or nearby shops.
Sorry I do not know the names of these shops (I moved out to Andheri-East years ago)

Cheers
terry

If anyone knows where to get hold of the 1TB Black drives & the price pls update us all.

From a couple of calls to LR.. they all seem to say it's OOS (AGAIN!)

Thanks in advance guys!

Check out at Indraprastha (outside Borivli west station area) or nearby shops.
Sorry I do not know the names of these shops (I moved out to Andheri-East years ago)

Cheers
terry
if you got through the above route, you would have to pay a premium of about Rs300-1k + per item.
i have heard one could things cheaper @ andheri from distributors , but i am not aware of those addresses.
choose either lamington or online shops.

if you got through the above route, you would have to pay a premium of about Rs300-1k + per item.
i have heard one could things cheaper @ andheri from distributors , but i am not aware of those addresses.

OP @imkaush has not reverted (he was running out of time & wanted to get his ext hdd's today itself)o_O

Yes Andheri-E (just outside the station....parallel to the Metro are shops) & on the West - near Navrang theatre (old name) used to be 2-3 shops

Last edited by a moderator:
OP @imkaush has not reverted (he was running out of time & wanted to get his ext hdd's today itself)o_O

Yes Andheri-E (just outside the station....parallel to the Metro are shops) & on the West - near Navrang theatre (old name) used to be 2-3 shops

Thanks guys for the replies....

I went through the Indraprasth shops... got quotes like 3k for box-opened Buffalo-500GB... 4.5k for Transcend-500GB...

Settled for 3 x Touro Mobile 500GB USB3.0 from Anupam @ Rs.3.2k each....

Thanks again friends...!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back