Price Updates from Nehru Place (Delhi)

HI guys..i need prices for the following components.
i7 920 Processor
Msi x58 pro-e and msi x58 platinum
Ati HD 5850
4GB ddr3 ram
24'' HD monitor
600w Power supply.

Knanda,

Hi!

I am researching the prices or a similar configuration myself, and have been doing so for last couple of months.

Why are you chosing ATI HD 5850 instead of a nVidia GPU. I am led to believe that nVidia is a better GPU.

Also, if you are choosing a DDR3 RAM, then having 4 GB is not a good idea. DDR3 is a 'Tripple Channel' RAM and therefore you need to populate all three memory modules. I suggest buy either 3 GB (1GB per module) or take 6 GB (2 GB per module X 3). Atleast that's what I am planning.

From what I have researched, for the configuration that you are thinking of (and me as well) 600 Watts of power supply is not going to be adequate. Atleast I am looking at a minimum of 750 Watts (but prefereably 1000 Watts). That will help in making the computer 'future proof' as well (if anyone can do such a thing).

Lets keep in touch.....

OT

AviaScorp said:
Knanda,

Hi!

I am researching the prices or a similar configuration myself, and have been doing so for last couple of months.

Why are you chosing ATI HD 5850 instead of a nVidia GPU. I am led to believe that nVidia is a better GPU.

Also, if you are choosing a DDR3 RAM, then having 4 GB is not a good idea. DDR3 is a 'Tripple Channel' RAM and therefore you need to populate all three memory modules. I suggest buy either 3 GB (1GB per module) or take 6 GB (2 GB per module X 3). Atleast that's what I am planning.

From what I have researched, for the configuration that you are thinking of (and me as well) 600 Watts of power supply is not going to be adequate. Atleast I am looking at a minimum of 750 Watts (but prefereably 1000 Watts). That will help in making the computer 'future proof' as well (if anyone can do such a thing).

Lets keep in touch.....

:bleh: nicely done...now, lets not keep in touch:rofl:

Actually he is kinda right, Knanda is going for MSI X58 PRO-E with i7 920, that means he will need TRIPLE CHANNEL RAM for optimum performance from this platform !!

SMC got everything i need - processor, mobo, ram, graphics card, razer products etc..

but they quote higher prices....i know the cost of razer mamba is 7850 but they quoted 8800. How to get right prices from them.
:huh:

amitmishra12 said:
^SMC. . .all high end/gaming grade hardware is available with SMC

I called SMC 3-4 days back ...They didnt have the corsair cx400.. Also by their response it seemed that they heard of the PSU for the first time...:S ... So I didnt care to ask about the Seasonic.. :p .. Can anyone who is going to nehru place just confirm the availability of these PSUs by checking out themselves?

Back