Prices set to raise on imported handsets

The time when you feel everyone including your company, the government, home rent, traffic and work, everyone is screwing with you. :|

^ They all basically are in cahoots and lookup ways to mint money at whatever ways possible.
No wonder the govt cannot disclose the details of the a/c holder of swiss bank accounts. Imagine all that money flooding in and putting things in place..

Correct me if i am wrong, but the increase in duty is on all mobiles priced above Rs. 2000, right?

The duty on importing phones remains the same at 2 %.

Correct me if i am wrong, but the increase in duty is on all mobiles priced above Rs. 2000, right?

The duty on importing phones remains the same at 2 %.

Not sure but just got an email from SNS that wef 1 March duties are increasing and they shall send the revised rate card soon.

Buy your phones before the 31st of March/1st of April when this rules becomes applicable. I'm going to do my best and buy the Xperia Z before that, unless the Galaxy S4 reveal is something special.

The cutom duty was increased from 2% to 6% , when is the next budget ?

The cutom duty was increased from 2% to 6% on cellphones , when is the next budget ?

they charged 2.1k on iphone 4S :(

Is it going to be back or less :(

But SNS claims it would be from today. One of my friends got an email with the same.

Dont expect duty to come down next year. But he should have levied the tax on 10K plus phones only. Most of us tot phones around the 10K mark.

But SNS claims it would be from today. One of my friends got an email with the same.

Dont expect duty to come down next year. But he should have levied the tax on 10K plus phones only. Most of us tot phones around the 10K mark.

Its already in effect from today , I got charged 2100 as duty , before it was 600rs .

W.E.F 1st March 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Next budget is next year?

New rule doesn't apply until the 1st of next month.

1year :(

New Customs duty is ALWAYS effective IMMEDIATLY after announcement. They take about 24 hour to update their system. Also it is applicable throughout the country

Custom is effective since 28 feb mid-night..

i was thinking that 6% is increase in excise not custom duty.

Anyway do you have papers of custom clearance ? , there might have indicated the duty.

Back