Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Announced

gauravraw

Disciple
US, November 30, 2009 - Ubisoft today officially announced Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, which will return to the 'Sands of Time' storyline from the previous trilogy. This new game is set for release alongside the upcoming feature film in May 2010.

Not many details about the title were revealed, however, such possible tie-ins with the film and what platforms it will appear, only saying it's for both consoles and handhelds. (No PC version planned at this time)

Ubisoft did say players can expect the return of "fan-favorite elements" from the original series as well as new gameplay innovations.

"Our new title will be true to the Prince of Persia roots and should leverage the fantastic impact the movie is going to have on our franchise," said Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot during an investor call this morning. Guillemot also added the game will be targeted at both hardcore and casual audiences.

Ubisoft also dropped some sales numbers during the call. The revamped, cell-shaded Prince of Persia title from 2008 moved 2.5 million copies worldwide, and when combined with the 'Sands of Time' series, sales reached upwards of 14 million units total.

IGN: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Announced

______

That's what I ALWAYS WANTED: a sequel to the trilogy. I hated the new POP and I guess Ubisoft heard the screaming of the true fans of SOT, WW and TT. Well, no PC version has been announced and obviously I won't be thinking twice before getting the PS3 version.

This news has surely made my day! Thanks Ubisoft!!! Respect.

[mod]Refrain hotlinking images, please use free image hosting sites[/mod]

Hope the PC version also comes out unlike HALO 3

Definitely loved SOT , WW , TT and a tiny little disappointment with Revealations but would love a sequel to triology .

The biggest drawback of the movie will be direct comparison to the epic title

Pop : Sands of Time.

Plus it looks like a fusion between Sands of time and Warrior Within.

We all saw how DBZ movie fared .

Chances are this movie will also be a screwed confused tale and a dissapointment to fans.

We PC owners buy latest gfx , cpu which is 1000 times better than any console gfx , cpu.

Then why do we remain deprived ? Why are we the last ?

No sign of HALO 3 yet on PC where Already Halo Combat wars and a new sixth sequel is on verge of releasing.

Anubis said:
We PC owners buy latest gfx , cpu which is 1000 times better than any console gfx , cpu.

Primarily because almost every PC is different from the other in some or the other way, whereas every PS3 is exactly the same. So, the cost and hassle for the developer to ensure the game runs on your PC as smoothly as it does on mine makes it not worth it for many games.

However, fear not. I dont really anticipate this title not making it to the PC seeing as how well the others in the series have done.

Vulc4n said:
Primarily because almost every PC is different from the other in some or the other way, whereas every PS3 is exactly the same. So, the cost and hassle for the developer to ensure the game runs on your PC as smoothly as it does on mine makes it not worth it for many games.

However, fear not. I dont really anticipate this title not making it to the PC seeing as how well the others in the series have done.

hmm.. actually I think Piracy has more to do with this decision.

Remember when previous POP had released, there was huge outcry against DRM in PC games and Ubisoft released POP without any DRM just to prove a point that even if a PC game is released DRM free, it will still be heavily pirated. So this time around, they wont be bothered with porting at all.

Still very bad news....

pretttt said:
hmm.. actually I think Piracy has more to do with this decision.

Remember when previous POP had released, there was huge outcry against DRM in PC games and Ubisoft released POP without any DRM just to prove a point that even if a PC game is released DRM free, it will still be heavily pirated. So this time around, they wont be bothered with porting at all.

Still very bad news....

What's a DRM ?

Anubis said:
Hope the PC version also comes out unlike HALO 3

Because most of the PC enthusiasts spend so much of money in upgrading the PCs that they don't even care for BUYING a game which is only single-player based, INCLUDING ME! If you see this as a software/game developer, the decision of delaying/canning PC version seems right to me. It's so damn easy nowadays to build a PC which will be able to handle multi-platform games better than consoles, so who'd pay 60$ for a single game? If I'd have been in their place, I'd have done the same.

P.S: No offence to the PC gamers, even I am one, but like me I guess there are many more who just don't care about spending money on single-player games.

Alias said:
^^

Haah, thats good news!! :D

Yipeeeeee:clap::clap::clap::clap::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Can't be happier . Hope it lives upto the expectations and dosen't disappoint the Previous Triology (SOT, WW, TT)

very very boring don't know if I will continue. Already wasted couple of hours in it. It has uninteresting story, long repetitive platforming & sometimes poor camera angles.

very very boring don't know if I will continue. Already wasted couple of hours in it. It has uninteresting story, long repetitive platforming & sometimes poor camera angles.
Played this long back but somewhere in the game you get the ability to freeze waterfalls. Towards the later part of the game they combine this with other platforming mechanics and I found that pretty challenging and interesting. If you've already passed this then I guess game will still be boring for you.

Played this long back but somewhere in the game you get the ability to freeze waterfalls. Towards the later part of the game they combine this with other platforming mechanics and I found that pretty challenging and interesting. If you've already passed this then I guess game will still be boring for you.
No I am yet to get that ability. When do you get that ability? I mean how long does it take to reach there?I have just beaten the first boss charger. Read similar things in other sites too lets see.

Back