Prithvi modem not working with Asus RT-N13U! - Solved

freefall72

Disciple
Hi everyone,
I use BSNL EVDO Prithvi UE-100 and I have been trying to WiFi it via Asus RT-N13U router. But it just is not happening! A few reviewers on Flipkart have got their ZTE etc working with this router.

Anyone managed to get the Prithvi to work with the RT-N13U? Or will I need to buy another router?

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi everyone,
I use BSNL EVDO Prithvi UE-100 and I have been trying to WiFi it via Asus RT-N13U router. But it just is not happening! A few reviewers on Flipkart have got their ZTE etc working with this router.

Anyone managed to get the Prithvi to work with the RT-N13U? Or will I need to buy another router?

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
3G/4G USB Adapter Support List

Quite a few ZTE modems in the list for India but none with BSNL.

Who is the oem of that prithvi ?

I have no clue. Its manufactured by a Easylink Info Limited, and supplied by Hyderabad based Prithvi Information Solutions. The sticker on the box says "For further assistance and troubleshooting please refer www.prithvisolutions.com" I looked in there and could not find anything of use at all.

Could not find anything in the usb database for those numbers. It seems there are no linux drivers for this prithvi card as yet.

Or will I need to buy another router?
You need another data card that is compatible with the N13u & bsnl evdo.

This is always the issue when you get these dongles, their compatibility is limited mostly only to windows. If you attach them to other devices then the device must have a linux driver and the vendor of that device should have compiled the driver into their firmware.

Anybody here got bsnl evdo working with asus n13u, which data card are you using ?

All right then! I played around with the setting for the past two days and Finally got it to work!!
Here is a screenshot of the USB Modem settings page.
I hope this helps out anyone else who needs to use the BSNL EVDO Prithvi modem with the Asus RT-N13U B1 router.
screenshot.JPG
[DOUBLEPOST=1368371916][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I edit the Title of this thread? Want to add 'Solved' to the Line.

Intersting, so why does it work when its not listed in their compatibility list, unless that list isn't up-to-date to begin with.

There is a guy called Ranjit from Hyd who video reviewed this router on Youtube. I remember he used a Huawei dongle that was not listed either so he chose the closest one from the dropdown list and it had worked for him. So the moral of the story is that no one knows anything!

Oh, geekyranjit gave you the idea :)

I'm still curious, especially when there are no *nix drivers available for this card.

From the looks of your screen, you chose a generic CDMA 2000(EVDO) driver. That was good enough.

How is the performance, stable ?

Yup, geekyranjit!
Performance is stable since last night. No disconnections at all. Using one laptop to torrent and a Defy to Wifi. All ok here.
I chose the generic option because it said EVDO :) I tried a lot of permutations and combinations in the settings. I also flashed the latest FW for the router even though it's in Beta. Maybe that did the trick.

Yup, geekyranjit!
Performance is stable since last night. No disconnections at all. Using one laptop to torrent and a Defy to Wifi. All ok here.
I chose the generic option because it said EVDO :) I tried a lot of permutations and combinations in the settings. I also flashed the latest FW for the router even though it's in Beta. Maybe that did the trick.
which city are u located in??

Asus N13U B1 Router supports most of the dongles... Including Huawei E353 which is also not in their list...

Asus only added those modems in the list which is working all world wide after several testing.. but still supports most of the modems in the world

Asus N13U B1 Router supports most of the dongles... Including Huawei E353 which is also not in their list...

Asus only added those modems in the list which is working all world wide after several testing.. but still supports most of the modems in the world
Thank god for that! Otherwise I would need to buy another router.

Back