CPU/Mobo Problem unlockin AMD PHENOM X2 550 BE!!

Wolverine

Disciple
i recently upgraded my rig to followin specs:
AMD Phenom X2 550 BE
MSI 790gx-g65
Kingston 2gb ddr

i tried unlockin the extra 2 cores on the cpu..Changed ACC to auto n enabled Unlock CPU mode.
changed the vcore n nb vcore to 1.40..n herein lies the problem..after post..my pc gets stuck on the loading windows screen...the damn windows won't load at all :mad::mad:!...m i doing nething wrong? any suggestions wld be welcome!...QnC is disabled..the bios version which i use is 4.0
i read somewhre that for my particular mobo..the bios that works is 1.4...so i thgt 4.0 wld b better!
Nd i change my bios??
Plz..m new to this...so ne help wld be welcome!!:(

^ I have the same problem with my Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA785GM US2H, I changed the ACC to Auto and EC Firmware to Hybrid and when rebooted my system would just show Phenom x4 b50 and sit there, it would hang.

I am gonna try the vcore and nb v core and see if it works. But i have heard that the recent version of the processor, nobody is able to unlock.

I have MA 785 GM US2H and 550 BE which I purchased recently from SMC.Mine unlocked succesfully , OCCT was going fine until I noticed the temps which were above 60C.So for now I have rolled back to X2 550.

Sometimes you will have to go back to the older version of your BIOS for a stable unlock, did you try that?

I had the same problem with my X3 720 on the Biostar 790 GX , but after trying out a couple of older BIOS versions , i have a stable unlock.

Parix said:
Sometimes you will have to go back to the older version of your BIOS for a stable unlock, did you try that?

I had the same problem with my X3 720 on the Biostar 790 GX , but after trying out a couple of older BIOS versions , i have a stable unlock.
My current bios version is F10 an i have tried from F5 to F10, no luck hence sold it as i required atleast 4 cores for virtualization.

i tried getting hold of the v1.4 bios...but what i actually need is the special v 1.4B2 bios...it's a modified version n it suits the purpose..but apparently it's no longer availaible on the net..the only workin link doesn't exist any longer.

anyone who has the afore mentioned bios kindly let me knw...if there are any other links..plz notify..i tried my best but in vain!
any help wld be welcome!!
I need v 1.4b bios for MSI 790GX-G65!

Back