PC Peripherals Problem with 600VA UPS during Gaming!

Hi guys,
So I recently got my hands on a GTX750Ti & VS550(Don't ask! The price was very low, you can't ignore it. Got it from my friend). So I removed my 5 years old HD4670 & generic 400W PSU and installed them both. I have this UPS from CyberPower which is rated at 600VA and it works fine even after I installed GTX750Ti.

Now I have to tell you guys, that, in my home, we have voltage fluctuation and it gets pretty annoying. Without a UPS, working in PC will be impossible. With the UPS I had, till now I haven't faced any issue.

So things were going good till I had my 4670 and even after GTX750Ti installation. But when I play games and voltage fluctuate, then bam! UPS makes some weird Tak!Tak noise and PC will just shut down. Now as I said earlier, voltage fluctuation is pretty common in our place and it happens very often, which I feel is not good and so I stopped playing games. Now I need help/suggestion from you guys, regarding what should I do? How can I proceed?

Is it an issue with UPS? Is it really not capable of handling full-load of this PC even for a min?
Or do I need to keep it in charge mode always? I always turn on UPS only before I start my PC! Is that right?

Please help me out, guys. I recently bought this UPS only because of the voltage issue and now I don't want to risk my GPU get fried because of this!

My full PC Config!

C2D E7400@2.8GHz
Transcend 2x2GB DDR2 @ 667MHz
LG 17" Monitor (Directly connected to UPS along with CPU)
GTX750Ti
VS550
2x1 TB Seagate HDD
Logitech Wireless KB & Mouse
1 XBox Controller

I even checked various PSU calculators and the output is rated at 305W, and the UPS is rated 360W as max output. So what is wrong here? Am I doing something wrong here? Or I need to change the UPS from 600VA to 1KVA? I need your help!

Thanks in advance!!

I totally understand your pain. I have been through that until they changed transformer in my area. Flashing Christmas tree light that is how it was. .

Your PC doesn't seem to be power hogging. Considering 60% efficiency(360W) UPS should take the load but heavy fluctuation weakens the component over the time.
Changing/Upgrading the UPS not a permanent fix but definitely a temporary.
My suggestion Constant voltage transformer (CVT). It is not cheap FYI

Last edited:
did you power cycle the ups battery ?

I don't understand what do you mean by this? Sorry I'm noob at such things?

BTW My UPS is just 2 months old!

I totally understand your pain. I have been through that until they changed transformer in my area. Flashing Christmas tree light that is how it was. .

Your PC doesn't seem to be power hogging. Considering 60% efficiency(360W) UPS should take the load but heavy fluctuation weakens the component over the time.
Changing/Upgrading the UPS not a permanent fix but definitely a temporary.
My suggestion Constant voltage transformer (CVT). It is not cheap FYI

Yeah, that looks expensive bro! Anyways, talked to Electricity Board guys and they said they will come and have a look at it this weekend. Let's see how it ends up.

So clear me, even if I get a 1KVA UPS, it won't solve my problems? BTW As I mentioned earlier, my UPS is just 2 months old.

You calculate it right 360 watt max output 320 regular if efficiency is 100 %. You need output of vs550 rated product the double the rated product better and I have the same issue and looking for such products with 10-15 milliseconds delay inverters have 100+ microseconds delay. Can't find a suitable cheap solution yet.

You calculate it right 360 watt max output 320 regular if efficiency is 100 %. You need output of vs550 rated product the double the rated product better and I have the same issue and looking for such products with 10-15 milliseconds delay inverters have 100+ microseconds delay. Can't find a suitable cheap solution yet.
I am going to sell it off and buy new inverter with 1KVA output! :arghh:

make sure it have proper 3 phase at your house and check if there is wire not stable near electricity switch

I have brought luminous 3.5 kV inverter ups and facing same issues[DOUBLEPOST=1475858196][/DOUBLEPOST]Mine is a HKVA 3.5kva pure sign wave output model[DOUBLEPOST=1475858236][/DOUBLEPOST]Checked it's product specification in luminous website no details.[DOUBLEPOST=1475859136][/DOUBLEPOST]Well this problem may be of vs550 checked it's operating rating 200v -240v 5A 47-63Hz[DOUBLEPOST=1475859481][/DOUBLEPOST]Old vx450 was 100-240v 9A 50/60 Hz reason can be the inferior quality of vs 550.

Last edited:
Back