Problem with MTNL's broadband.

panther

Adept
Hello,

i have got a strange problem with mtnl, it connects but, when i surf, what i think the sites hosted on indian server work and those site on foreign server does not open, like FB, Microsoft etc. is that the problem from the source or something wrong with my configuration, heard that the whole of internet will be shut down today or tommorow for testing Ip6, can it be the reason??

Thanks.

Hi,

seems a problem @ ur end. Which router u got? what DNS servers u are on? do u have a firewall? can u ping yahoo.com or any other site? this is not due to ipv6 testing or something but an issue at ur endpoint. Please provide details i have asked above and do pls attach a screenshot of pings from yahoo.com or any other site that u do.

panther said:
Hello,

i have got a strange problem with mtnl, it connects but, when i surf, what i think the sites hosted on indian server work and those site on foreign server does not open, like FB, Microsoft etc. is that the problem from the source or something wrong with my configuration, heard that the whole of internet will be shut down today or tommorow for testing Ip6, can it be the reason??

Thanks.
use opendns servers in ur router(208.67.222.222)....... my router(Linksys WAG54G2) uses 3 DNS when connected to triband....... I hav opendns on 1 and rest of the 2 r mtnls dns servers.......

also do wht vishalk said.......

Back