Problem with philips dvd 5106k

draz

Disciple
Mar 22, 2005
hi guys,

I am facing a problem with philips dvd 5106k

The other day while a dvd was playing my 3 yrs old nephew pressed some buttons on the player and the dvd player stopped playing the movie for some time.:S

Since then its asking a password for some dvds.

It gives a message of " enter password":huh:
dunno what to do.

it plays some dvds fine though.
any solutions???
-draz

SoulFire

Skilled
Oct 22, 2005
he put the parental lock on,THAT requires a password to view adult dvds i think,there shud be some codes 2 unlock it,look around :p

draz

Disciple
Mar 22, 2005
haha...parental lock...you serious ....does it read the dvd first and decides whethers its adult...hahaha

SoulFire

Skilled
Oct 22, 2005
@ draz 4 ur info dvd players do come with parental locks,seems like the kiddo jus enabled it,nice huh
kid enables parental lock leading to no parental viewin,then i guess the name justifies it :pthese days everything with a parental lock is easily broken/used by kids n hard for parents 2 get around with lol:p

IwiKiwI

Disciple
Feb 13, 2006
Ring the philips call center ask for technicle help.Or otherwise visit a philips showroom,they can be of some help.There should be a way to deactivate the parental lock thingy without having to give the password.

remcy007

Disciple
Dec 29, 2005
log onto philips india and visit the service centre to get the lock de-activated.
This happened with my friend also... in his case it was his wife not nephew. heheheh

sriramgiyer

Disciple
Sep 3, 2006
Hi All,

I bought 5106K/97 in India and was using it for quite a while without any problems. Oddly enough, I brought this player with me to the USA and the image quality is jerky (or should I say the image runs from bottom to the top) and am not able to view the picture clearly. What could have been the reason? I checked with the player and it supports 110V/60Hz to 240 V/50Hz and also support PAL/NTSC switch over. Could this have been the problem? I am not able to switch to NTSC since the image of the menu itself is not clear to make this adjustment in the DVD Player. My TV here is a basic one and just has AV out (not even component though the player has and also no NTSC/PAL switchover). Can anybody help me??

Regards,

Sriram G