PC Peripherals Proc + Mobo + GFX card for Animation & Gaming - have to buy before next week, help

Alryt then

AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE - 7.5k

Biostar TA785GE - 3.2k

HD4870 - 9.3k upto. hopefully i can get 1gb.

Plz do enlighten me on the unlocking part any links will do..

When shud i do it[immediately after buying or w8 for some time], how to do it procedure,

and is it safe to do it wont damage anything na???

sabby said:
Seriously I feel like reporting some posts in TE today. :evil: So many useless spam in various threads. :no:

@OP

Do you want a processor+mobo+graphic card for 20k ? Then here is my suggestion:

AMD Phenom II X3 720BE -> 7.5k
Biostar TA785GE -> 3.2k
Sapphire ATI HD 4870 -> 9k

I assume you have a good PSU. Otherwise your friend have to buy one.

@sabby
if this was for me,
sorry for d post .:D
very new to TE.:)

tnx

HoliC said:
Alryt then
AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE - 7.5k
Biostar TA785GE - 3.2k
HD4870 - 9.3k upto. hopefully i can get 1gb.

Plz do enlighten me on the unlocking part any links will do..
When shud i do it[immediately after buying or w8 for some time], how to do it procedure,
and is it safe to do it wont damage anything na???

First of all, why do you need 1GB graphic card ? Except for the GTZ4, you will never need it. Wastage of money. :(

Don't worry about the unlocking. You can do whenever you want. Some processor succeeds where as some do fail. But thats not the point. Even with its 3 cores, its much powerful. Besides, overclocking will also extract more performance out of the chip. But frankly, you are probably not gonna need either OC or unlocking. The stock clock is speedy enough for any apps/game.

There are some threads to help 720BE users to unlock and/or OC. Check here:
http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/amd-phenom-ii-x3-720-unlocking-140859.html

1 GB bcoz the system is needed for Animation purposes n my frnd told me it has heavy files so.

Also im completely new to Overclocking, all i kno is it increases the Mhz value.

Btw can TA78GE unlock 720be coz in the guide all mobos are 790 series.

@HOLIC

yeah, 785GE will unlock. its the southbridge which matters. Both the 790G based and the 785G based mobo have SB710 which have the Advanced Clock Calibration ( ACC ) feature to unlock. Once you buy the machine, TE experts/members will help you doing the OC/unlock. Just read the threads in the OC/Modding section and create one if necessary. :)

HoliC said:
1 GB bcoz the system is needed for Animation purposes n my frnd told me it has heavy files so.

Also im completely new to Overclocking, all i kno is it increases the Mhz value.

ur card won't utilize 1GB VRAM even if u r talking about rendering in Animation softwares(with all options including Global illumination..final gather n awl to with a renderer like mental ray or V-ray)..512mb is enough for mainstream cards

HoliC said:

ur card won't utilize 1GB VRAM even if u r talking about rendering in Animation softwares(with all options including Global illumination..final gather n awl to with a renderer like mental ray or V-ray)..512mb is enough for mainstream cards

n yaa as u want AMD Proccy only so only go with Phenom II Proccy, don't go for only Phenom :)

Back